Grand Californian Super Thread

How much was it to buy in? I'm lookin into buying in but confused about the costs, even after reading the DVC forums

The best thing to do is visit the DVC kiosk and tour. It is super low pressure and actually kinda fun. :blush: Basically, for us, we looked at available properties when at WDW last May (AKV, SSR, and GCV) and went from there. We knew we wanted to buy from Disney; you can also buy resale. We toured the SSR and DH loved it. He loves to golf and he likes the condo style set up vs high rise hotel room. We got lucky too as SSR was the least expensive to buy into at the time and the maint. fees are not bad. You can finance through Disney as well. We toured, asked a TON of questions, sat and milled it over, asked more questions, then paid our money. :laughing: I would be happy to answer any $$$ specifics via PM. :goodvibes

Incentives change often, but I added on 100 points last Dec for $95 per point.

I found the current prices on DVCNews:
Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel****

$112 base price less $15 promotional discount; 160+ points​
Special Offer 1: Free Disney Dream voyage with purchase of 160+ points; buyer must pay full $112 base price in order to be eligible for free cruise.

Special Offer 2: With a referral from a current DVC member, prospecitve owners will receive a $25 gift card for completing a sales presentation via telephone. Unspecified incentive pricing will be offered during the phone tour.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

The best thing to do is visit the DVC kiosk and tour. It is super low pressure and actually kinda fun. :blush: Basically, for us, we looked at available properties when at WDW last May (AKV, SSR, and GCV) and went from there. We knew we wanted to buy from Disney; you can also buy resale. We toured the SSR and DH loved it. He loves to golf and he likes the condo style set up vs high rise hotel room. We got lucky too as SSR was the least expensive to buy into at the time and the maint. fees are not bad. You can finance through Disney as well. We toured, asked a TON of questions, sat and milled it over, asked more questions, then paid our money. :laughing: I would be happy to answer any $$$ specifics via PM. :goodvibes

I would go to a kiosk but I live 800 miles from DLR. I do plan on going to a kiosk whenever I visit DLR resort again but for now I'm lookin for info on questions I have. I'll be sending you a PM later today. Thanks for helping
hug.gif

went on the tour on sunday when we arived and was sold looks like were going to start off with 200 points can't wait to plan our next trip already:cool1:

I am considering splurging on a one-bedroom Artisan Suite. Any reports or photos out there??

I am considering splurging on a one-bedroom Artisan Suite. Any reports or photos out there??
You should consider a one-bedroom villa instead of an Artisan suite :idea:
The villa has 2 bathrooms (one has a whirlpool tub) and a kitchen :thumbsup2
The suite has 1 bathroom.

The hotel suites are laid out for meetings or parties, with all food catered. A one-bedroom suite can sleep 6 guests, but 6 people sharing 1 bathroom is not good.

My wife and I loved the one-bedroom villa, with each of us having our own bathroom :teacher:

You should consider a one-bedroom villa instead of an Artisan suite.

I completely agree. The kitchen, dining room, living room areas are fantastic. We had someone sleeping in the living room on the Murphy bed and it was really nice to have the extra bathroom for them.

Well, I definitely prefer the one-bedroom villa but you would need to compare the cost of renting points (way cheaper than cash rental through Disney) to the cost of the one bedroom suite. The nice thing about the suite is that you can add concierge for $150/night and you can not add concierge to the villas - but that is only if you are interested in concierge.

Well, I definitely prefer the one-bedroom villa but you would need to compare the cost of renting points (way cheaper than cash rental through Disney) to the cost of the one bedroom suite. The nice thing about the suite is that you can add concierge for $150/night and you can not add concierge to the villas - but that is only if you are interested in concierge.

Is that $150 per person for concierge or $150 total per night? With 6 of us, that would be a screaming deal but alas we can't add it to GCV. I wonder why?

Is that $150 per person for concierge or $150 total per night? With 6 of us, that would be a screaming deal but alas we can't add it to GCV. I wonder why?

It is $150/night so a great deal with a large group. You can not even book DLH or PPH with concierge anymore with DVC points. Not sure of the reason why.... I would add it on to the villas? :confused:

You wouldn't know some of the cash rates off the top of your head would you?

We are thinking of staying here in July. We are a party of five (2 adults and 3 children). What kind of room would we get? The Queen with the bunk beds and a pullout? Or is there another kind of room?

We are thinking of staying here in July. We are a party of five (2 adults and 3 children). What kind of room would we get? The Queen with the bunk beds and a pullout? Or is there another kind of room?

You could also try for two queens and a daybed. Those rooms are few and far between but slightly larger than the other rooms. Can't hurt to ask. Make sure they know you've got five people.

We were looking at prices (they have a 40% offer on the website out) and it states that rooms start at $213 a night. When we tried it calculated about $40 more. I was wondering if it was because of five people? We originally were thinking just book the 5 for 3 deal but when we priced things seperately and it came out much cheaper! It looks like you can book the tickets (5 for 3) seperately on the website. Is that true?

We have never stayed at a deluxe resort at Disney. This would be our first and we're really excited. My wife hurt her back again and we decided to cancel our WDW trip this summer. She was afraid and upset about canceling and I told her that I wasn't ready for the heat and humidity of FLorida anyways. We both looked at each other and said let's go back to California. I smiled. She smiled. And now hear I am looking at GC. Our 20th Anniversary is this fall so this might be our big splurge and we probably couldn't stay there without the free night promo.

One more question for this post: How are the pools versus Disneyland Hotel. We loved the DL hotel Neverland Pool and hottub. How big is the pool? Slide? Hottub? My wife is really excited about how close GC is to DL and DCA.

We've gotten a Double Queen..it worked fine for 3 adults, 2 kids..but the kids were little and no problem sharing the beds.

We were looking at prices (they have a 40% offer on the website out) and it states that rooms start at $213 a night. When we tried it calculated about $40 more. I was wondering if it was because of five people? We originally were thinking just book the 5 for 3 deal but when we priced things seperately and it came out much cheaper! It looks like you can book the tickets (5 for 3) seperately on the website. Is that true?
I got a little confused on this too. For our trip they have a different weekend rate than weeknight at GCH. So we are getting charged a different rate each night. So that kind of threw me off at first. Maybe that is what is confusing things?

We have never stayed at a deluxe resort at Disney. This would be our first and we're really excited. My wife hurt her back again and we decided to cancel our WDW trip this summer. She was afraid and upset about canceling and I told her that I wasn't ready for the heat and humidity of FLorida anyways. We both looked at each other and said let's go back to California. I smiled. She smiled. And now hear I am looking at GC. Our 20th Anniversary is this fall so this might be our big splurge and we probably couldn't stay there without the free night promo.
Congrats on #20. That is quite an accomplishment these days. ::yes:: We reached #20 in January and decided to do NYC for 4 days.

I seem to remember a post of yours six months ago about your wife's health. Some form of cancer? Was that you? She must be improving?

Best Wishes :wizard:

If I were a betting man i'd say there's a better than odds-on chance that concierge level it will be. All the pictures and reports I've heard it seems like its for us. The pictures I have seen of it , there never seems to be many people in the lounge? does it get packed?

Lucky I didn't make that bet, ended up booking a 2 bed villa with rented points!

I thought someone posted (not sure which thread) that it was about $1100/night for the 1 bdrm villa.

I saw that too. Wonder what the 2 bedroom would go for? I mean truly, paying cash for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom would cost about half of buying DVC. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter