Grand Californian Super Thread

Just finished doing a refurb of this thread. Hopefully it make looking for and finding info on this thread much easier. I think the OP looks for streamlined. Any input on the new format would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I never thought it would grow this big!:goodvibes

Lets keep it coming!:cool1:

Misc. Hotel Distance Info:

For those who are looking for how far the walks are from GC and other hotels to the park.
Courtesy of CrazyDuck Thank you!

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]       [B]DL[/B]    [B]DCA[/B]    [B]DD-UVA[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][B]BWPPI[/B]        1100    1300    2500[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][B]GCH - Closest[/B]    1300¹    200    300    [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][B]GCH - Average[/B]    1600    600    700    [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][B]GCH - Furthest[/B]    1900    1000²    800    [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][B]HOJO[/B]        2500    2600    3800[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]¹ 600 feet If you are just going to the park, but it will be a long way back[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]² 800 feet if you cut through the pool near White Water Snacks[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]*All Distances +-50 Feet... I round up or down![/FONT]
In the spirit of trying to make this super thread even more super :), how about a second table with distances in meters?

BTW, I like the way you re-organized the OP. And another idea is to add a link to some of the GCH perks like special entrance access.

In the spirit of trying to make this super thread even more super :), how about a second table with distances in meters? Meters? for what? I'm supporting the American units of measure!:lmao: J/k I see your point, I'll get it up probably this weekend.

BTW, I like the way you re-organized the OP. And another idea is to add a link to some of the GCH perks like special entrance access. Are you referring to the entrance we discussed earlier into DTD or into the actual park itself? How would you like to see it?

Regarding entrances, I may have missed it but I did not see anywhere that you made clear that GCH has a special entrance to DCA. This thread http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36357535&postcount=458 would be one place where you might specifically identify it. A map would be helpful.

Regarding perks, there is exclusive use of the special entrance in the morning. There is also the rumor that the CMs at the special entrance allow visitors into DCA extra early to ride Soarin and/or line up for TSMM.

Regarding entrances, I may have missed it but I did not see anywhere that you made clear that GCH has a special entrance to DCA. This thread http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36357535&postcount=458 would be one place where you might specifically identify it. A map would be helpful.

Regarding perks, there is exclusive use of the special entrance in the morning. There is also the rumor that the CMs at the special entrance allow visitors into DCA extra early to ride Soarin and/or line up for TSMM.

Is the xtra early stuff a change in policy?

Jack

Wow, I only now just realized that I completely overlooked the private entrance to the park itself. Added material on that. Working on perks.

Is the xtra early stuff a change in policy?

Jack
I have heard that GCH folks are allowed into DCA at 9:15AM to ride Soarin, etc., before the rest of the DCA crowd. But this seems to be almost random and I am not sure if it is policy or the whim of the CMs that day.

I have heard that GCH folks are allowed into DCA at 9:15AM to ride Soarin, etc., before the rest of the DCA crowd. But this seems to be almost random and I am not sure if it is policy are the whim of the CMs that day.

I know there is a power walk starting at 7:30 throughout the park. But haven't heard anything about early ride admission. Could it vary by season?

I have heard that GCH folks are allowed into DCA at 9:15AM to ride Soarin, etc., before the rest of the DCA crowd. But this seems to be almost random and I am not sure if it is policy or the whim of the CMs that day.

I have stayed at the GCH (and VGC) quite a few times and have never been denied entering 1/2 hour before DCA opens to either ride Soarin' (or get fastpasses) and then line up for TSMM. The line up is at a rope close to GRR not all the way to TSMM.

This is what I was talking about. Circled in red. Both of these are added to the OP

4ebd08a4.jpg

aadcfe12.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter