Grand Californian Super Thread

You wouldn't know some of the cash rates off the top of your head would you?

When I called about 6 weeks ago(I thinK) 1 bedroom was $1010/night/cash and $810-820/night for the studio during the time we plan on staying in August. Did not ask futher.

Jack

When I called about 6 weeks ago(I thinK) 1 bedroom was $1010/night/cash and $810-820/night for the studio during the time we plan on staying in August. Did not ask futher.

Jack

Wonder why the studio is almost twice as much as a standard room..

Wonder why the studio is almost twice as much as a standard room..

I would think the kitchen, micro, size of the studio and they are DVC restricted. Only can do cash 60 days out if available????????

Jack

They aren't THAT much bigger, are they?

I have stayed in a standard room and trust me they are not that big(did you not also) and based on what the picks look like with a sleeper sofa and the amenities they can charge what they want because I do not think there will be availability for cash. I will let you know when I get back in August. We have the 1 bedroom reserved but I snoop well.

Jack

I would think the kitchen, micro, size of the studio and they are DVC restricted. Only can do cash 60 days out if available????????

Jack

Could also be due to the location. Many of the rooms will have amazing Paradise Pier views, great Pool/DL fireworks views, and the rest other DCA views....wonder if they charge the same cash rate for DCA view vs 1st floor?

Put it this way, I wanted to try a Villa that will allow me to relax a bit. My DGF thinks the washer and dryer in the room will be heaven. The DGC prices this summer are dirt cheap compared to what they normally are and the room is part of what we enjoy. If not, I might as well go camping.

Jack

I probably missed it somewhere in this thread :blush: ~ But does the GCH have coffee in the lobby for guests like the DLH? It's our 1st stay at GCH in early June and I am beyond excited! We took advantage of the resort free nights to make the GCH not so much of a pinch on our wallets :thumbsup2

TIA!

p.s. I'm a longtime Disneyland dork, but board newbie :)

I probably missed it somewhere in this thread :blush: ~ But does the GCH have coffee in the lobby for guests like the DLH? It's our 1st stay at GCH in early June and I am beyond excited! We took advantage of the resort free nights to make the GCH not so much of a pinch on our wallets :thumbsup2

TIA!

First of all, WELCOME. I did not see anything when we were there last August and I have to have my coffee.

Jack

TIA!

:welcome:

They don't have coffee in the lobby but each room at theGCH does have a coffee maker with complimentary coffee packages. My guess is DLH did it because coffee makers were not standard in the rooms. With the renovation, I wonder if that will change (the new rooms now have coffee makers).

You will love the hotel!

TIA!

Welcome to the Boards and the thread!

I didn't see anything either in March, the rooms do have coffee though.

Thank you all for the welcome, and the coffee info. I have to have my coffee too, so I always scope that out before staying in a new-to-me hotel :)

This thread is amazing! We took advantage of the summer special (buy 3 get 2 free) and booked the GCH for our July vacation! I am super excited :woohoo:

If what I have read is correct, I can send a fax request for a preferred room location a week or so before our arrival?? We have a standard room reservation and I would really love a room that overlooks the lobby.

Have a great day everyone!

p.s. We stayed in one of the recently renovated DLH rooms and there was a coffee maker in the room.

If what I have read is correct, I can send a fax request for a preferred room location a week or so before our arrival?? We have a standard room reservation and I would really love a room that overlooks the lobby.
Oooh - I want to know the answer to this as well :)

This thread is amazing! We took advantage of the summer special (buy 3 get 2 free) and booked the GCH for our July vacation! I am super excited :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone!

p.s. We stayed in one of the recently renovated DLH rooms and there was a coffee maker in the room.

You can do the fax, it does not mean they will honor your request but always worth a try.

Jack

Thanks Jack!

I have another question... I was searching the web and found pictures of the 5th floor patio area. Is this open to all guests or is that a concierge perk?

Thanks Jack!

I have another question... I was searching the web and found pictures of the 5th floor patio area. Is this open to all guests or is that a concierge perk?

From what I understand the GCV viewing area is open to DVC and concierge visitors. I have gotten a couple of different answers but this seems to be the consensus. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will chime in.

jack

From what I understand the GCV viewing area is open to DVC and concierge visitors. I have gotten a couple of different answers but this seems to be the consensus. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will chime in.

jack

There is also a patio that is attached to the concierge lounge and is only for concierge guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter