Grand Californian & Cell Phone Reception

3TinksAndAnEeyore

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the GCH in mid-July and I am wondering if anyone who has stayed there (or will be staying in the next couple of weeks) can give some input on how cell service is working in different parts of the hotel for our attempts at getting Boarding Passes. Everyone in my family uses AT&T and we are on iPhones. Does anyone have a recommendation on the difficulty or ease in connecting using a device on AT&T in various parts of GCH?

Nothing specific, but you will likely have a balcony which should help. You will want to be outside of that heavy/glazed glass, at a minimum. If you don't have good speed test from your room/balcony when you arrive... you can try the front of the hotel, or the upper floor terraces, which are on the hotel map.

The pool deck is normally closed in the morning until the pools open, unfortunately. I really think your balcony will do the trick, unless maybe a low floor inside corner or something. :thumbsup2

We've stayed at the GC several times and have had no problem using our iPhones on AT&T

I thought you have to be in Disneyland to get boarding passes. I know for rotr you had to be on Mainstreet.

Not anymore for the 7am chance. You can be anywhere as long as you have a valid ticket and reservation. For the 12pm chance you have to have been scanned into a park, but can leave and be at your hotel or DTD or wherever to try.

Not anymore for the 7am chance. You can be anywhere as long as you have a valid ticket and reservation. For the 12pm chance you have to have been scanned into a park, but can leave and be at your hotel or DTD or wherever to try.

Good to KNOW ill be trying to get my boarding passes from Grand cali during my stay!

I have AT&T, the only area that I have had signal issues at DLR was in CA at Paradise Garden Grill. This is close to the VGC rooms I think. Cannot say how it is inside GCH, haven't stayed there in about 4 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter