Gotta ask... maple syrup

MorganL

Earning My Ears
I'll preface this with, I'm from Vermont. :)

Safe to assume that the syrup that they use is the fake stuff?

I'll preface this with, I'm from Vermont. :)

Safe to assume that the syrup that they use is the fake stuff?
I'll preface this by saying that while I am not from Vermont, my best friend lives there and we do a boil every year from sap he collects on his property! :)

I keep a running list of "Things to pack on our cruise". A couple years ago, I added "maple syrup" to it. Not only is the stuff on board ships not real, it is just about the worst fake stuff I have ever had. So on our "morning of the cruise" trip to Publix, we pick up a small bottle of real stuff to take on board.

And here I thought I was the only lunatic! :flower3:

I recall a couple restaurants we ate at used the real stuff. I think the a la carte breakfasts at the Captain's Grille did, also the Wave, but I'm not 100% positive. All the buffets used the fake stuff.

I hear you. Coming from the province of Quebec. We are big on maple syrup.

I asked but they said they did not have it.

I hear you. Coming from the province of Quebec. We are big on maple syrup.

I asked but they said they did not have it.

Perhaps this is our future...

Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, Disney Cruise Line Guests may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened maple syrup (no larger than 100 ml) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.

Guests wishing to consume maple syrup that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a screw cap fee of $25.00 per bottle. Please note:

• These condiments must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
  • Any syrup packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any syrup in excess of 2 bottles will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing blueberry, strawberry, or any other fruit-based syrup (including powdered syrup) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored syrup at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed, and no compensation will be offered.
  • Syrup brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
Please note that the Disney Cruise Line syrup policy is subject to change without notice.

I skip the syrup and put the strawberry concoction on my Mickey Waffles. When possible only use real maple syrup or real pecan syrup on pancakes!

Yeah, I thought the syrup tasted okay (not fabulous) on the cruise. Guess it is fake from the comments here, but it didn't bother me any.

Ah, good to know! I'm from NH ( used to live in Waitsfield Vermont) I'll grab a small bottle to take onboard! Lol one of those little 3 oz ones!

I'll add maple syrup to my packing list (from Qc and cannot stand the fake stuff)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter