Votes: 326 61.0%
  • Mild nausea

Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters
I was super nervous before our June trip, but wasn't nauseous at all.

As a point of reference, the teacups and Space Ranger Spin are vomit copters for me. Remy is mild dizziness; FOP doesn't bother me at all,

Truth be told…..I did have mild nausea, but not enough for me to not ride it again. I’ll just make sure it’s before a meal and not after - LOL!

I can see it being an issue with people. Screens and movement. 3d specifically, in this case. And the screens are huge. I rode it once and I can do with out it since (esp at the usual wait times).

It’s a tame ride though.
Yeah, it was pretty much this. It was better the second time (first time was without the kids, second was with). Not sure if it was because of food in my stomach or hydration.

I felt sick after GOG the first time but was completely fine last week. Maybe it was so miserable outside that a bit of air conditioning and some loud music revived me. Same with Ratatouille, I was less disoriented after the ride than before.

I was worried beforehand since I had trouble with Nausea on some things like Expedition Everest and Mission Space Orange, but I had no trouble on GOTG.

So the backward launch isn't as bad as it sounds?
I didn't think so. I was prepared for the worst because of all the horror stories, but had no issues. Had loads of fun. It's really smooth also which helps me, I have a worse time on roller coasters where I'm getting jostled around like Space Mountain. Being slammed around too much gets me queasy more than anything.

Truth be told…..I did have mild nausea, but not enough for me to not ride it again. I’ll just make sure it’s before a meal and not after - LOL!
That's interesting. I also had mild nausea first time, and that's because I was on an empty stomach at the time! Now I make sure I have a bite to eat before riding, and I've been absolutely fine. Have to know your own body!

I just know I don't want to sit anywhere near the folks who spend most of the day 'drinking around the world', and then show up for GOTG.....!!

I get motion sickness at times. I have gotten pretty sick after riding Star Tours in the past, the Simpsons ride at Universal made me so sick I wanted to die, and Remy actually made me sick. I did not have any of that on Guardians at all. I think it was because I could see the structure of the track and other things in the building at all times. The rides like Remy kind Simpson kind of trick my brain because I'm looking at a big screen while the whole thing is moving.
Simpsons ride made me so sick one night. Never again! Same with Mission Space. I had the barf bag in my hand almost instantly.

I had a really rough time with Cosmic Rewind when I rode in the spring. once the cars started moving sideways I kind of blacked out (at least I don't remember the rest of the ride). Afterwards I had nausea and vertigo and the vertigo part lasted the rest of our trip. It wasn't enough to keep me from doing things (and strangely felt better when I was on rides), but it made it hard to sleep and felt the worst when I was stationary or trying to read. I finally broke down and took some Dramamine a few days later and that helped me as least sleep.

I've never gotten sick on a rollercoaster before this (only on the tea cups and then only for a minute or two) and I wondering if I should try it again on our upcoming trip (DH really wants to ride it for the first time as he wasn't with us the last trip). I could try taking Meclazine/Dramamine beforehand.

Has anyone ridden it a second time and had a better experience? Probably crazy to even think about it, I know, but I am a big GOTG fan. If I did it, I'd save it until almost the end rather than making it the first ride I do!

I had a really rough time with Cosmic Rewind when I rode in the spring. once the cars started moving sideways I kind of blacked out (at least I don't remember the rest of the ride). Afterwards I had nausea and vertigo and the vertigo part lasted the rest of our trip. It wasn't enough to keep me from doing things (and strangely felt better when I was on rides), but it made it hard to sleep and felt the worst when I was stationary or trying to read. I finally broke down and took some Dramamine a few days later and that helped me as least sleep.

I've never gotten sick on a rollercoaster before this (only on the tea cups and then only for a minute or two) and I wondering if I should try it again on our upcoming trip (DH really wants to ride it for the first time as he wasn't with us the last trip). I could try taking Meclazine/Dramamine beforehand.

Has anyone ridden it a second time and had a better experience? Probably crazy to even think about it, I know, but I am a big GOTG fan. If I did it, I'd save it until almost the end rather than making it the first ride I do!
I was sick first time with seabands on. I've been on it about 6 times since, a couple times last week.

Second time I did the Meclizine and SeaBands and made sure there was something in my stomach and I didn't move my eyes looking at screens - moved my whole head or kept facing forward. At moments I just look down at the pouch cover in front of me to avoid any movements. After that second time I now ride without anything just my "rules". I have a few moments of "woah" but can get through it.

I hate to say try again because I know all those feelings you had after, with my day shot ... but it is a great coaster if you can get over the hump. Maybe do the 1 pm VQ so you ride later and try ALL the tricks.

Also meclizine works best if you are taking it all the day before you will ride and day you will ride. Allows it to build in the system.

No vomiting, but it did take me a good hour and a half to recover.

BTMR is no problem for me. Space Mountain throws me off a little bit, and Slinky Dog Dash and Everest are the same. R&RC really threw me out of commission for a while, so much so that I can't ride it again. Same thing with Flight of Passage. My next trip isn't until the end of February, but I'll be looking for any ideas to help me out for if and when I get to ride Tron.

I wanted to share my experience on GotG. I was an avid roller coaster enthusiast earlier in life, but started to get motion sick in my 30s. I am now 47 but have a 10 year old who loves all the rides. We were in Disneyland earlier this year and I could hardly bear it, almost losing it on ToT, Incredicoaster, and surprisingly TSM, even while using Bonine for the trip. My son is a huge Marvel fan and we were going to Universal and Disney. In researching these boards, I saw people recommend Relief bands. I ordered one, as I was willing to try anything. I was very nervous about riding GotG based upon the early reports, but the Relief band was a complete life-saver. I rode GotG on Saturday and did not have a single issue, as I felt perfectly fine when I got off. I rode all the rides at both parks all week with my Relief band with no issues. Many of the same rides that caused issues in February at Disneyland on Bonine were no problem with the Relief band. I don't want to sound like a paid commercial for a product, but I wanted to share my experience in hopes of helping someone else. I believe it was truly a life saver and allowed me to enjoy the rides with my son.
I have ordered one. I am hoping to use it and not have to be medicated! THANKS!

I wanted to share my experience on GotG. I was an avid roller coaster enthusiast earlier in life, but started to get motion sick in my 30s. I am now 47 but have a 10 year old who loves all the rides. We were in Disneyland earlier this year and I could hardly bear it, almost losing it on ToT, Incredicoaster, and surprisingly TSM, even while using Bonine for the trip. My son is a huge Marvel fan and we were going to Universal and Disney. In researching these boards, I saw people recommend Relief bands. I ordered one, as I was willing to try anything. I was very nervous about riding GotG based upon the early reports, but the Relief band was a complete life-saver. I rode GotG on Saturday and did not have a single issue, as I felt perfectly fine when I got off. I rode all the rides at both parks all week with my Relief band with no issues. Many of the same rides that caused issues in February at Disneyland on Bonine were no problem with the Relief band. I don't want to sound like a paid commercial for a product, but I wanted to share my experience in hopes of helping someone else. I believe it was truly a life saver and allowed me to enjoy the rides with my son.
Do you mind posting which type of relief band you used? I looked on Amazon but there are a bunch of different types to chose from. Thanks.

I tried sea-bands at Universal and Forbidden Journey nearly killed me. They are garbage.
YESSS- Seabands are trash. I remember that someone said to try them for morning sickness when I was pregnant, I looked like Richard Simmons wearing those dumb things and they did nothing.

Just got back from Universal and Disney. I am a ride chicken and anything with drops my stomach gets all woozy. I can do Space and Big Thunder etc. Never tried RNR.

I have been to the parks so many times over the years and never dawned on me to try an anti-nausea medicine. I took 2 Bonine Non Drowsy every morning.

Wow! What a difference. I used to scream so much on these rides and and I didn't at all. I rode all of them including Tron and GOTG (4 times) and did RNR for the 1st Time (Still won't do Tower of Terror). It was so fun riding them all and not feeling like my stomach is going to drop out. Wish I would have done this sooner.

GOTG was a blast. Got 4 different songs. I didn't have any issues with dizziness or nausea on any of the rides.

I voted "mild nausea" but that's not really descriptive. I was quite unsteady for nearly an hour after riding. Needed to find a place to sit quietly for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter