GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Epcot is probably the best park to go to if staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I drove to Epcot when I stayed there and it was a 5 minute drive. The pool area is great if you have kids, even if it's tricky to get a pool chair.

Also love how a lot of people here are doing 1 day trips (as in flying there and back, not driving) just for the preview. I was SO lucky to have it happen during a vacation I paid off months ago but I love the dedication some of you guys have : D
We have been lucky to get into other AP previews so when the preview email came out on April 4th, I went ahead and made a reservation at POR for what I thought were the most likely dates. I also booked the flight down on SWA, knowing that I would be able to use travel funds for future trips if we didn't get into the preview. I saw the link on this thread a couple of minutes after the event registration opened and only had to wait a minute to get in. I had my confirmation email 8:09 CST and am very grateful to those who posted the links. :)

Last edited:
Its challenging now with social media. It use to be so much easier to do everything. Invite guests to try a ride that are already in the park and boom its all over social media in minutes. So that creates another issue with now other guests reading about it and then flocking over to the ride hoping to get on.

Social media also causes the issues with the AP sign ups. With out it most wouldn't even be aware there might be a sign up coming out until they saw the email, those that didn't get an email would probably have less clue there was even one.
They're kind of doomed either way on this one. Even with the pre registering, there are going to be people showing up hoping to get sympathy or win the argument that they SHOULD have gotten it, or just hoping for pixie dust.

By that logic, DVC is in the same boat for a whole lot more cash but are getting a teency bit of the perks APs are getting.
The whole AP thing is an entire class system can of worms at this point, some of us were long term APs who had a lapse of a couple months and found ourselves completely locked out, anyone holding an AP is already getting the advantages they paid for- to the tune of saving boatloads of money over those stuck buying tickets for individual trips. If this were about who is spending the most on Disney, they would have invited people who purchased to most tickets last year- we were locked out of APs at a cost of over $3,000 and that is after cancelling one of our trips to save on costs.

D23 Members as well....

Might have been good if Disney had combined all of these into one pool.... preventing those doing a double or triple dip, and opening the experience up to more unique guest. But bottom line is this is a limited capacity preview that is a free perk. If you missed the preview, few weeks later you can still experience the attraction.

I checked in with someone I've rented from before, but no BCV or BWV studios for my date. I was able to grab a Priceline Express for the Dolphin though, so very happy about that. Will check in the 9th for pool time, dinner at Il Mulino, and GotG the next day, then head home. It's so easy now that we are retired and live less than two hours from Disney for most of the year. What a great bonus trip!

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the priceline express deal for Dolphin? I am trying to add 2 nights to extend my stay (May 8th - 10th), can't find anything available to use with my DVC points - but would happily stay at Swan/Dolphin if it weren't too expensive :)

The normal Priceline price is $341/night for Dolphin.

I managed to snag a spot on May 10th. But I was on my work computer and didn't screenshot the confirmation page (I should have know better). I haven't received the confirmation e-mail, it's not in the junk folder. I hope I receive the other e-mail 3 to 5 days before. I might actually try to contact AP guest services to see what's up.

D23 Members as well....

Might have been good if Disney had combined all of these into one pool.... preventing those doing a double or triple dip, and opening the experience up to more unique guest. But bottom line is this is a limited capacity preview that is a free perk. If you missed the preview, few weeks later you can still experience the attraction.
Yup. The whole "come back in a few weeks" thing actually makes me dislike previews being for APs even more. The bulk of AP holders coming for the previews are going to descend into the parks a few weeks later to ride again. They get better word of mouth giving it to people who had plans to be there already- maybe invite people as LL through the app when they are in the park? Then all those people go home (world wide) and tell friends and family how great WDW was. The measurable publicity comes from the media day, what they need out of this is to raise the happiness level of random travelers, not ignore who they have and add random other travelers.

I managed to snag a spot on May 10th. But I was on my work computer and didn't screenshot the confirmation page (I should have know better). I haven't received the confirmation e-mail, it's not in the junk folder. I hope I receive the other e-mail 3 to 5 days before. I might actually try to contact AP guest services to see what's up.
I'm in the same boat as you. I was too nervous and clicked too fast to get a screenshot of the page. I know I have a spot because when I tried to register again, I got a popup saying I already had a reservation.

I actually did contact the AP phone line yesterday and the person I spoke to on the phone said I was the 6th person in a row with the same issue. She said she had no idea and emails are sent out at complete random.

The DVC link worked just fine. It even had a countdown to when the queue started.
But they did not know it was working until it went live. I see it like a soft opening. They let it go live, confirm everything is good and then send the email. From what I can tell, wait times jump dramatically once the email went out. I can see why they would want to start with fewer people trying just to make sure it is all working properly.

Does anyone have a list or remember what other rides had AP previews? We did previews for FoP and Remy, but it seems to me there were other ones.

Same boat here :(

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the priceline express deal for Dolphin? I am trying to add 2 nights to extend my stay (May 8th - 10th), can't find anything available to use with my DVC points - but would happily stay at Swan/Dolphin if it weren't too expensive :)

If you are Passholder, you can book on the Marriot site using QWH Code for Passholder discounts... shows it would be $284 plus fees.

I use to do Priceline and Hotwire for discounts at WDW... was a matter of matching up amenities, ratings and fees (resort, parking). One site that helped was betterbidding dot com. But these travel sites are always messing with the indicators you can use to spot certain resorts... and cancelation weren't an option (not sure how COVID has changed that). Also a 3rd Party adds to the complexity - some only do double occupancy, so adding kids or other guest can be a pain (with MDE you must add them - usually a call, and extra fee). Then using MDE requires calling to get the "real" confirmation number as usually Hotwire and Priceline send out their conformation.

8th - 10th... the listed site shows a good "chance" at the Dolphin for $208 plus fees. And there are codes that might drop the purchase even more.

I had to extend my trip by 1 night (8th - 9th) for the preview, we were already staying at the Dolphin and they showed no availability to extend, so I was able to snag it on a Priceline express deal for $208. It kept showing up and then disappearing for me - but eventually I got it to show up by going into map view under express deals, then Bonnet Creek. I had to zoom in and out a few times for it to show. I think it was an 8+ with 2600 ratings, and the original crossed out price matched what Dolphin was listed for exactly. I was also able to use a promo code for $20 off.

But they did not know it was working until it went live. I see it like a soft opening. They let it go live, confirm everything is good and then send the email. From what I can tell, wait times jump dramatically once the email went out. I can see why they would want to start with fewer people trying just to make sure it is all working properly.

They have used these kinds of queues before. They didn't need to test it or make sure it worked before they sent the email. My guess why they didn't send the email until the queue opened up is that one hand didn't know what the other was doing.

The reason why wait times jumped was because the people who don't spend a bunch of time on Disney fan boards or social media were suddenly made aware of the preview. Luckily for me, I do hang out here and I knew and got my preview.

Last edited:
By that logic, DVC is in the same boat for a whole lot more cash but are getting a teency bit of the perks APs are getting.
The whole AP thing is an entire class system can of worms at this point, some of us were long term APs who had a lapse of a couple months and found ourselves completely locked out, anyone holding an AP is already getting the advantages they paid for- to the tune of saving boatloads of money over those stuck buying tickets for individual trips. If this were about who is spending the most on Disney, they would have invited people who purchased to most tickets last year- we were locked out of APs at a cost of over $3,000 and that is after cancelling one of our trips to save on costs.
I do agree that some DVC have been in a tight spot with the hold on AP sales BUT I don't think DVC guaranteed buyers anything to do with the parks. DVC is its own business, providing it's own perks. Yes they spend tons more than an AP holder, but what they paid for is not tied to the park side of the business. I get it - of course most bought a DVC to go to the parks, but DISNEY didn't set it up that way, likely on purpose, likely due to initial plans to do DVC in way more locations than WDW. It's probably why they keep building and selling them instead of hotels, they are growing a different business that is highly profitable to them. As always buyer beware.

The DVC link worked just fine. It even had a countdown to when the queue started.
BIG difference in the crush that would hit they system. DVC has estimated 220,000 members, reduced by many who live too far. While WDW AP numbers are a mystery I would venture it's way more than DL which is estimated at 1 million. With most who are close enough to travel easily. I'm sure the "party" that handles the online registration had input on what they could handle. Disney has done it this way for AP previews for as long as I've had one (over decade), just like random emails and magnets, and I have no doubt it is on purpose because of the large number of members.

D23 Members as well....

I would not consider a $99 membership to be in the same boat as AP or DVC members. Since they are all unique in what they pay (hence what they are offered in amenities) they should all get different pools to pull from with different processes.

In this case -
- D23 got their special event with ride plus more at small fee.
- DVC got emails at each step with time and date to book. (EDIT to add folks reporting they didn't get a follow up email BUT the date/time were announced in advance by just about every "news" source so DVC members could have been prepared to register.)
- AP got last minute link, and may the odds be ever in your favor, as usual AP get the least amount of info.

Doing a one day special event for D23 is EXACTLY what D23 offers it's members. Always has. I have not been able to do one D23 event I've had interest in because the limited dates and locations or it closed before I got in. But that is how it works.

I get frustration if people got in via two avenues and yes, they could fix that with software BUT those folks also paid to be part of those different groups so I'm okay with it.

Last edited:
I do agree that some DVC have been in a tight spot with the hold on AP sales BUT I don't think DVC guaranteed buyers anything to do with the parks. DVC is its own business, providing it's own perks. Yes they spend tons more than an AP holder, but what they paid for is not tied to the park side of the business. I get it - of course most bought a DVC to go to the parks, but DISNEY didn't set it up that way, likely on purpose, likely due to initial plans to do DVC in way more locations than WDW. It's probably why they keep building and selling them instead of hotels, they are growing a different business that is highly profitable to them. As always buyer beware.
I only went there because the previous poster did- suggesting APs should get this because they have invested so much into being AP holders. Nobody is buying an AP to invest in the parks or as a loyalty to Disney, they are doing it because it gives them a discount over buying individual tickets. That is fine, I've done it too, but it's not a reason to expect even more free stuff, just like DVC and D23 aren't really a reason to expect things that aren't explicitly part of the deal.
In this case -
- D23 got their special event with ride plus more at small fee.
- DVC got emails at each step with time and date to book.
- AP got last minute link, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
For the record, DVC didn't get "emails at each step with time and date to book", DVC had the same shoddy email service APs got- most seem to have been left out completely and there was no notice of dates or when to book. When the link was found, member services was apparently telling people it wasn't real. I don't know if anyone who is DVC but not AP got the emails, I'm not sure if anyone polled that, but I know some AP non-DVC did get emails.

For the record, DVC didn't get "emails at each step with time and date to book", DVC had the same shoddy email service APs got- most seem to have been left out completely and there was no notice of dates or when to book. When the link was found, member services was apparently telling people it wasn't real. I don't know if anyone who is DVC but not AP got the emails, I'm not sure if anyone polled that, but I know some AP non-DVC did get emails.

I was going to post the same thing. DVCers didn't get an email before the queue went live. My one and only email came at 9:10.

I am in the same boat. Still haven't received a confirmation email and also forgot to screenshot the confirmation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter