• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Got upgraded to the Poly!

How wonderful!

I was speaking to friends from church this morning, they just got back from their first trip without kids in 21 years! When they drove through security at Beach Club the guard made a phone call to someone. When they got to the hotel a CM asked if they were the 'd's' and asked them to follow her. They were upgraded to concierge and were thrilled.

CONGRATULATIONS!!pixiedust:
Can you tell us what building they put you in?
Wow! Stuff like this just makes me love Disney even more! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I've read of others being upgraded to Saratoga Springs or Old Key West before, but not the Poly! What an unexpected and magical treat for you; enjoy!!!

TIME2DISNEY said:
Tahiti building :thumbsup2
Refresh my memory, is that building closer to GCH or the transportation center?
Have you already booked your next trip at the Polynesian?? Lol!:rotfl2:

Tahiti is closest to the transportation center! We stayed in a theme park view room in Tahiti this past April. We absolutely loved the location. Congrats to the OP again!!! :)

Oh wow! That is amazing. Not gonna lie - I'm totally jealous. :rotfl:

What a great way to start your vacation. Enjoy the pixie dust. :wizard:

There are many reasons they do it and the reason the CM went to check with a manager was probably because as some of you, she doubted it was accurate.

The OP's resort could be full, the Polynesian has openings, win win for both.

Also just because it is not posted here does not mean it does not happen to others. Many, many people go to Disney World and never visit an internet forum, before or after their trip.

Over the years we have been upgraded from moderate to deluxe a couple of times.

WOW!!! That is incredible. I always wish that would happen to my family. We haven't even gotten a room upgrade, forget about a whole hotel. That's really great. Hopefully your luck will rub off on someone on the DIS!!!

Have a great rest of the trip!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Congrats! That is awesome.

What if you didn't want to move? Say, they offered you the GF with the pool closed and the construction, etc. Or you had planned out meals at the resort or other activities, what would happen? Do you have to move?

Waltgirl

Oh no, they actually asked us if we wanted the upgrade. I think I answered by saying Yes, yes, yes, Oh my God yes! LOL! I think if we had said no, we would have just been given our room and perhaps someone else would have gotten the upgrade. I still can't believe this happened to me! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter