Got to stay on Property! So Help!!!

Fainfamily5

Auroragirl
WE just got back from WDW and I am already planning another trip but not until 2008 :sad2: We stayed off site and we realized that it is cheaper but not as convienent. So here goes. We have a large group of 11. 5 adults and 6 kids. Could someone please help me out and tell me everything you know about Fort wilderness lodge and their cabins??? THanks in advance

Just an FYI..there's no "Fort Wilderness Lodge". There's the Wilderness Lodge resort, and the Fort Wilderness campground (which has the cabins). They're both in the Bay Lake area, but they're two completely separate resorts.

Here's a fact sheet and some photos of FW and the Cabins.

Have lots of fun planning that next trip!

:wave2:

You will be renting at least two cabins, correct? They sleep six people each.

I know several people who have stayed at the cabins and they love them, as long as you allocate a little extra time for transportation to the parks (there's a lot of bus stops from what I understand, if you use Disney transportation). but they have said it more than makes up for it with all there is to do there (campfires, movies, the petting zoo, etc) and just how wonderful the grounds are in general.

We stayed at the campground quite often as I was growing up, it's still one of my favorite places to stay, and the cabins are fantastic. Everyones complaint about it was that you had to take a bus/tram (bring back the trams) to get to the main transportation spot but now thats true with a few of the resorts too. The Cabins are spacious and the benefit of having a full kitchen and being able to cook some of your meals at the cabin is a money saver. Justremeber do your shopping before you get there or have it delivered the store at the campground is Ok to pick up something you forgot but it is more expensive than getting offsite.

BlindTyldak said:
I know several people who have stayed at the cabins and they love them, as long as you allocate a little extra time for transportation to the parks (there's a lot of bus stops from what I understand, if you use Disney transportation). but they have said it more than makes up for it with all there is to do there (campfires, movies, the petting zoo, etc) and just how wonderful the grounds are in general.

Yeah, there are 2 or 3 buses that basically circle the campground. You will need to get on one of these buses, and then have it drop you off at the front of the camp ground. Then from there you can catch buses to all the other locations. Or if you want, if you are close to the back of property, you can walk over to the boat, and it takes you to the wilderness lodge followed by the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter