Got the blues

mamaloya

<font color=blue>Blows hard and hot and boils us<b
OK, guys, I am not normally on this side of the board, but I really need a pick me up.

I am missing my hubby a lot. It will still be 6 more months before he gets back. I should not have taken my trip to WDW and FW so soon in his deployment. I could really use the break right now. I don't think planning the trip for his return is helping much either. It is actually getting me down that it is so far away. It really hurt cancelling the Oct ressies today. That is when he was going to come home for R&R, but it got switched to June. Since I won't go to WDW in the summer, we did Hot Springs instead. We had fun, but it was not FW.

It seems like he has been gone forever.

Looking at the pics of the fort help a little, but also make me homesick. Did I mention that my kids were given the choice of staying in a 2-3 bedroom condo with a tv in each room this next trip or a tent at FW and they picked a tent because they won't stay anywhere else. We really love FW. We chose tenting to save the money on gas, which is still outrageous. If it goes down, we will bring the camper.

I homeschool, so that keeps me busy during the day, can't imagine them being gone and leaving me all alone. Of course, right now they are fighting over whos pillow is whos, so I could use a little alone time. :confused3 This is when he would step in.

Oooooo, he just IMd me!!!!! Let me go chit chat.

Hang in there. You can do it. Thank your husband for us and thanks to you and other spouses holding down the fort while your loved ones are gone. You guys make us all proud. Now go have yourself a good cry and drink yourself to sleep and you'll be all better in the morning. Except for a slight headache.

I'm a guy, so I have no idea what to say to you to make you feel better, but if you need to talk, you know we are all here for ya!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

:dance3:

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

The best I can do, I'm afraid. We'll keep thinking warm thoughts from this end. With a brother in the USAF I know what deployments can be like.

(Go take the pillows all to yourself for a while. At least it will get quiet for a few minutes while they search for something else to argue about)

OK, guys, I am not normally on this side of the board, but I really need a pick me up.

I am missing my hubby a lot. It will still be 6 more months before he gets back. I should not have taken my trip to WDW and FW so soon in his deployment. I could really use the break right now. I don't think planning the trip for his return is helping much either. It is actually getting me down that it is so far away. It really hurt cancelling the Oct ressies today. That is when he was going to come home for R&R, but it got switched to June. Since I won't go to WDW in the summer, we did Hot Springs instead. We had fun, but it was not FW.

Sandra,

I can imagine how you must be feeling. We are all thankful for unselfish families like yours. I hope you enjoyed your IM :hug:

I'm with John. I don't know what to say, but a good stiff drink never hurt, although you are married to the Chaplain, so maybe you don't drink. Well, if that isn't allowed or doesn't work, there's always ice cream. Ice cream makes the heart grow cooler, and the stomach. I guess it's like he knew that you were lonely, that's why he im'd you when he did, almost like karma, but good karma, like karma chameleon. It's cool that the kids are into the fort, that makes them great kids, why not see about planning a camping trip closer to home in october to make the time go by. you could take a picture of mickey, and mail me a check for a few hundred dollars, this way it'd be like you spent the money to go to the fort. you could go to golden corrall, it'd be like the trails end. If all that doesn't work, try eating pork, it's done wonders for Ami. If all else fails, make fun of stacktester, that's what we usually do, and he's a good sport and doesn't get mad.

:lmao: I'm glad she's not paying you for thearpy. Unless she takes the picture of mickey and mails you a check. Then i guess she sorta is.

hey, i was giving the fort experience to her.

Well, I don't drink, but I do have a few good prescription drugs. :rotfl2:

I actually feel better now. Thanks guys. I had a good cry and then dh made me feel better by saying he would quit the army and get a job playing mickey mouse at WDW and we could live at FW. Sounds good to me. ;)

It is nice to know you guys are here. I live on post, but the last thing the other wives need is for the chaplain's wife to break down. The lean on me. I am the one telling them it will be OK. There is another round of guys leaving soon. Many we are close to. Some wives have left to move close to family.

DH did tell me that he is putting in for a tour in Korea. We could go with him and that would be 3 years no deployment. Far away from FW, but will have hubbby home and can hit Tokyo and Hong Kong disneyland. LOL

Thanks ladies for understanding and thanks guys for trying. It really means a lot to me your kind words. I am glad to know I can come here to vent when I need to. These next 6 months I may be here a lot.

Well, I am hoping the drugs will kick in soon, so I will wish you all good night and thanks again for listening. You just can't understand how much it means. Hopefully I can make it to a fort meet sometime soon and thank each of you personally.

Oh, and stacktester, gatordad said I could make fun of you if I needed to, so give me something to work with.

Thanks guys.

Hey VACAMPER, gatordad is actually good for the soul. He told me I looked too young to be a grandma. He can't be all bad then. That is the best therapy ever. And we do bring mickey camping with us. (won't be mailing you a check though, already sending money to FW for our trip when dh returns) We have disney blankets for the kids. Mickey checkers. A FW magnet on the oven. Did you guys know the fridges in campers are not magnetic? The magnet won't stick there???? No FW magnet on my fridge. I also keep a peacock in the back window of my camper. A kid in my neighborhood asked me if I knew I had a zoo pals plate stuck in my window. I told him it was my peacock and he just walked away stumped. We have mickey tiki kingdom plates in the cabinet and I am sure there is more. Someone stole my FW magnet from the back of my van, 2nd time. I am gluing the next one on. LOL

Well, good night. Check in on the tom foolery here tomorrow.

Pete...that little rant was priceless!!!! Good stuff....Im serious about that radio show...we should think about that.

Sandra...we always think to thank the soldiers for their bravery and selflessness....but so many of us never really think of the family they have to leave at home. You guys have to live everyday hoping for the best, knowing the worst is a daily possibility, and even when you get get news...you are still alone and waiting.....man, thats really gotta be rough. Ive never really given it much thought before,.....my heart goes out to you. I hope theirs something that you can find comfort in until the day your hero comes home to you. Best wishes to you and the kids, and of coarse the husband.

I always lose my magnets in the carwash. Forget about them everytime.

keep your chin up..... you can still send that check, it's the fort thing to do..... and to make fun of donnie, it just comes easy.... especially now that his girl is named donna, donna and donnie, just like paul and paula. i plan on serenading them Labor day...

ok, follow me

[Donnie:]
Hey, hey Donna, I wanna marry you
Hey, hey Donna, no one else will ever do
I've waited so long for school to be through
Donna, I can't wait no more for you
My love, my love

[Donna:]
Hey Donnie, I've been waiting for you
Hey, hey, hey Donnie, I want to marry you too
If you love me true, if you love me still
Our love will always be real
My love, my love

[Both:]
True love means planning a life for two
Being together the whole day through
True love means waiting and hoping that soon
Wishes we've made will come true
My love, my love

See you said something nice about him and his head has swollen to the point he thinks he can sing.

there's a lot of things I think i can do, after a few beers i actually may try them out.

well i've got no tattoos nore piercings, so so far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter