Goofy's Kitchen Questions

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
Hi. We always go to Chef Mickey's our first night in WDW. Goofy's Kitchen seems similar, so I thought that my kids would like going there our first night at DL. Here are my questions:
1. Is it indeed like Chef Mickey's? (atmosphere, characters, etc.)
2. What are the dinner prices?
3. How is the food?
Now I am not crazy about the whole buffet thing, and I realize that Chef Mickey's is not gourment cuisine, but I do find that what I do eat there I enjoy (especially those parmesan potatoes - yum!). Is the food at Goofy's similar?
Thanks!

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's, but we LOVE Goofy's kitchen for breakfast. I think it's about $25 pp. There have been lots of characters when we've gone. They sit down at the table, etc. They get the kids up front with Goofy for dancing, etc. They brought my kids balloons.

It's not gourmet food, but I thought it was pretty darn good. TONS of food. Omelett station, carved meats, vats full of bacon (you can't go wrong with bacon, IMO), waffles, pancakes, a gazillion desserts, taters several different ways, ice cream sundae station, yogurts, cereals, PB&J pizza, etc.

Creme brulee french toast. Mmmmmm.

You asked about dinner. Huh. Never been for dinner.

I have serious reading comprehension problems.

I haven't been, but here's a menu with prices (this is dated 2005 so you should probably call to get the latest:

Character Dining
Hours 5 pm - 9 pm

Character's you might see Aladdin, Jasmine, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse,
Mulan, Pluto, Goofy, Mary Poppin's Penguin

Dinner
Adult $35.96
Child (2-11) $14.86
you pay before you go in to dine so prices above reflect meal cost, tax, and gratuities

Roasted Prime Rib
Au jus
Horseradish
Cream Horseradish
Roasted Pork Loin
Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Alfredo Sauce
Grilled Salmon
Roasted Marinated Chicken
Shredded Pork Tamales with Tomatilla Sauce
Created Your Own Fish Tacos
Goofy’s Flour Tortillas
Max’s Tri-Colored Tortilla Chips
Jasmine’s Spanish Rice
Chip’s Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Donald’s Pinto Beans
Butter Squash with Pearl Onions and Green Beans
Minnie’s Breaded Shrimp
Spaghetti with Marinara
Baloo’s Waffle Fries
Goofyroni Pasta
Mickey Tenders
Goofy’s Corn on the Cob
Pluto’s Hot Dogs
Pluto’s Hot Dog Buns
Margarita Pizza
Goofy’s Peanut Butter Pizza
Pluto’s Pepperoni Pizza
Cheese Pizza
Soup of the Day
Caesar Salad
Green Salad (toppings on the side)
Various Salad Dressings
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Veggie Salad
Fresh Melon (watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe)
Fresh Fruit (oranges, bananas, apples, pineapple)
Pears
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Pluto’s Chocolate Éclairs
Donald’s Double Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Minnie’s Raspberry Cheesecake
Chip’s Pecan Bar
Alice’s Jell-O Mold
Worms and Dirt
Dale’s Peanut Butter Brownies
Goofy’s Goof Cake
Mad Hatter’s Carrot Cake
Baloo’s Lemon Bar
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Jasmine’s Rice Crispy Towers
Goofy’s Hot Chocolate Cake
Aladdin’s Apple Cobbler
Soft Ice Cream (Chocolate and Vanilla)
Ice Cream Toppings
Beverage (coffee, tea, sodas, milk)

Menu subject to change.

This is from:
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/disneylandhotelrestaurants/goofys/goofydinner.html
There are some pictures there too.

Also, I think you get 10% off if you have AAA.

I'd say Chef Mickey's and Goofy's Kitchen are pretty similar in both atmosphere and menu. DL raised prices just over a year ago for their buffets, so Goofy's may be more expensive than Chef Mickey's.

We were just at Goofy's in Oct. and have ressies for DS b-day in March. We did Chef Mickeys in June 06 while at WDW. Honestly they have the same feel, Mickey's has the napkin dance thing, and goofy's has the actual get up and dance the macarena. The characters are there, the food is great in both. We have done dinner at Goofy's but not at Mickey's. Dinner was great, a bit pricey..... but it's disneyland. I think it was worth it.

We love Goofy's for dinner and did it twice on our last trip. The food's great, we've always had great interaction with characters, and the atmosphere is fun. We're already booked there for next month.

How far in advance can you make reservtions for Goofys - we are going the end june/july and im desperate to get booking!

Ang
pluto: pluto: pluto: pluto:

It's definately different then the one at WDW. This one is inside the Lobby of the Disneyland Hotel where it's more of a restaurant style thing. The prices are probably comparable to WDW but being that it's not as open as the one in the Contemporary it's a little harder to get to the Carachters(sp)
to tell you the truth, the food isn't bad but it's typical steam table stuff and I personally don't think that it's worth the $$$$ but the kids love it! Have fun whatever you do!

We went to dinner at Chef Mickey's - I seem to remember only Mickey, versus having the chipmunks, princesses, Aladdin and others at Goofy's.

Food is fairly similar. Stuff at CM that we don't have at GK, and vice versa.

Pricey buffet either way, but worth it (IMO) for the character interaction.

We haven't been in several years and I don't know why, but I just didn't feel as much energy there. And I don't remember the dessert area being as good. Still I think that small kids will have a good time.

I have to say that for dinner, some of the dishes were surprisingly good...! I wasn't expecting to see an asparagus salad or pork tenderloin on the menu. Lots of dessert choices, and it was a great way to introduce DD (first trip, 2.5 yo) to characters. I thought it had a high energy level, and it was great not to have to pay for a ticket to eat there. We had a great time!

We are going to eat dinner at Goofy's the night before we check into the DLH (we arrive 3 days earlier). We are going to walk around DTD after we eat.

While I have never been to Chef mickey's, I have to highly recommend Goofy's Kitchen! We went last year to celebrate my 34th birthday and all of the food (and there is a TON of it) was hot, fresh and delicious! We interacted with 8 characters - Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Peter Pan, Fairy Godmother, Jasmine and Captain Hook. We never felt rushed, nor did the characters. Goofy & Pluto, along with waitstaff came over to sing me Happy Birthday, gave me balloons and a party hat, as well as a birthday cupcake! We had the time of our lives and we are going again in March! I think dinner is about $35.99 per person. Well worth every penny, IMO! :thumbsup2

We have never been to Chef Mickey's but Goofy's kitchen is fantastic. I think it is the best interactive character dining at DLR. We have been to b-fast and dinner there and would recommend it for both meals. The interaction from all the characters is great! The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and the experience is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter