Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

If there is no nighttime parade, that frees up Main Street as a large corridor for people to have a straight on view of castle projections. While not the same as being up close, you can see the projections all the way back at the train station. If they include Main Street in the projection show, and maybe throw in a dash of Osborne lights, it *could* be interesting.

No this replaces Wishes, and the Once Upon a Time show already replaced Celebrate the Magic.

Ok, still seems like a projection show followed by a projection show with fireworks...

If so, points to my original post of "look at this new technology we can do!" And (snap) it's everywhere. Again, I love the technology (and the shows) but I am crossing my fingers that this is still a "fireworks" show first, projection show second.

So a projection show, followed by a projection show with fireworks... o_O
This new show will have more fireworks than Star Wars does so it won't be purely two projection shows but yet both will have a projection aspect.

Once Upon a Time with a Happily Ever After, how fitting.

This new show will have more fireworks than Star Wars does so it won't be purely two projection shows but yet both will have a projection aspect.

Once Upon a Time with a Happily Ever After, how fitting.

Awesome!! Can you share a link to the article from Disney that shares that info?
Thanks!!

If there is no nighttime parade, that frees up Main Street as a large corridor for people to have a straight on view of castle projections. While not the same as being up close, you can see the projections all the way back at the train station. If they include Main Street in the projection show, and maybe throw in a dash of Osborne lights, it *could* be interesting.

That may be so if you're over 6ft tall, but if you're not and end up stood behind people that are then you'll see just the very top of the castle if you're lucky - and with all the action being on the castle rather than being above or around it then you're gonna miss most of the show.

Soooo...

I'm assuming that this will replace the (new) "Once upon a time" castle projection show. If not, I'm already a little over all of this projection stuff. Do NOT get me wrong, it's incredible and incredible technology. With that being said, it feels like oh wow we can do this now, and like that, it's everywhere.

Please don't blow up on me, I do enjoy them, but like others have said, I love to experience the "fireworks" in different areas of the park. I know we still don't know what they will actually do, but man, huge loss if the amazing fireworks gets dumbed down.

No, it does not

No this replaces Wishes, and the Once Upon a Time show already replaced Celebrate the Magic.

Whilst I very much believe all of you, I wonder how much sense this makes. I actually assumed that this would replace Celebrate the magic as well. I mean, they are going to follow a projection show with, a projection show ? Not sure how that makes much sense, esp considering I saw a lot of overlap in the projections IP from Celebrate to this new one ...

Whilst I very much believe all of you, I wonder how much sense this makes. I actually assumed that this would replace Celebrate the magic as well. I mean, they are going to follow a projection show with, a projection show ? Not sure how that makes much sense, esp considering I saw a lot of overlap in the projections IP from Celebrate to this new one ...
Makes tons of sense to me. They compliment each other perfectly. And it's not 2 projection shows. It's a projection show and then a show with projections and fireworks that are an extension of the projections. I see a very obvious difference. And I see a very clear way to have both

But technically, it did replace Celebrate the Magic. That is gone. Once Upon a Time is in it's place

Think along the lines of Disneyland forever.

Makes tons of sense to me. They compliment each other perfectly. And it's not 2 projection shows. It's a projection show and then a show with projections and fireworks that are an extension of the projections. I see a very obvious difference. And I see a very clear way to have both

But technically, it did replace Celebrate the Magic. That is gone. Once Upon a Time is in it's place

Seems to me the previews they have showed so far focus a lot more on the projections than anything else, time will tell. But I can't see how that makes a ton of sense at all.

I mean, you spun that very interestingly instead of calling it 2 projection shows its a projection show and then a show, with projections, complimented by fireworks. A show with projections to me seems like another way of saying "a projection show". Not to mention Once upon a time has fireworks. So either way, they sound pretty darn near the same.

As I said, time will tell, we will see how much of this new show is projections and how much is fireworks, etc.

And sorry as you noted, you are correct I should have said Once upon a time in the first instance :)

I don't consider Once Upon a Time a fireworks show any more than I consider Mickey's Fantasy Faire show a fireworks show. Having a burst or two go off is not a fireworks show

Think along the lines of Disneyland forever.

Yea, ok, but I still don't really get it. Disneyland forever is like, half wishes and half Once Upon a Time .... and maybe a little more like OuaT because there are fireworks as accents in that as too, and other than a few big sections in the 15 mins of DLF its a lot of Projections and small accent works. (Ok that might not be totally fair, there are some decent sections of fireworks, but there are also completely dead sections)

If its like DLF, then its a projection show with accent firworks, followed by a projection and light show with accent fireworks and a few big bangers. As opposed to a projection show followed by a mostly fireworks show, as it is now.

Yea, ok, but I still don't really get it. Disneyland forever is like, half wishes and half Once Upon a Time .... and maybe a little more like OuaT because there are fireworks as accents in that as too, and other than a few big sections in the 15 mins of DLF its a lot of Projections and small accent works.

If its like DLF, then its a projection show with accent firworks, followed by a projection and light show with accent fireworks and a few big bangers. As opposed to a projection show followed by a mostly fireworks show, as it is now.
It will be like Disneyland forever but with more pyro. There will be sections with little to no pyro but it's still primarily a firework show.

It will be like Disneyland forever but with more pyro. There will be sections with little to no pyro but it's still primarily a firework show.

Well if thats the case, awesome. I still don't really get having the two shows separated, instead of a single longer show which slowly works in the fireworks, but ok I guess.

But I still worry this isn't as much a fireworks show, which moves this more towards a projection show with pyro, aka OuaT with more fireworks ;)

I mean, if you watched OuaT right before Disneyland Forever, and had a decent transition, it would be really hard to tell when one ended and one began. A few minutes in to DLF you'd be pretty sure thats what you were watching though.

Again, I guess its hope for the best and see :)

Well if thats the case, awesome. I still don't really get having the two shows separated, instead of a single longer show which slowly works in the fireworks, but ok I guess.

But I still worry this isn't as much a fireworks show, which moves this more towards a projection show with pyro, aka OuaT with more fireworks ;)

I mean, if you watched OuaT right before Disneyland Forever, and had a decent transition, it would be really hard to tell when one ended and one began. A few minutes in to DLF you'd be pretty sure thats what you were watching though.

Again, I guess its hope for the best and see :)
I'm with you and this was what I was driving at. The only real intel was what Disney released in a two minute video that as an afterthought briefly mentioned the pyrotechnic team. THAT is the only reason why I'm cautiously optimistic. No one would be speculating if ninety seconds of that video was all about the new "fireworks" show replacing Wishes, and thirty seconds about the projections.

In the press release it does state that it will be the "Most breathtaking fireworks show in Magic Kingdom history." So here's hoping!!

Last edited:
I appreciate you trying to put a positive spin on this, but at some points I wish people wouldn't do this. People have vested emotional attachments to things, and are completely justified in being upset about them being gone. Feelings of loss and sorrow are natural, we should let people feel those things. Didn't we all watch inside out ? :)

Ya well, the other way to look at it is "get over it". It's a firework show. Things change. 15 years is long enough. Disney is not each person's individual nostalgia trip. Someone is going to see this new show and it will mean the world to them. And one day, in a decade or two, it will also go away and they will be here posting about how much they miss it.

Didn't we all watch The Lion King? it's called the circle of life.

Ya well, the other way to look at it is "get over it". It's a firework show. Things change. 15 years is long enough. Disney is not each person's individual nostalgia trip. Someone is going to see this new show and it will mean the world to them. And one day, in a decade or two, it will also go away and they will be here posting about how much they miss it.

Didn't we all watch The Lion King? it's called the circle of life.

Always nice to see empathy alive and well on the DIS.

I'm looking forward to the new show, but can certainly understand the emotional attachment many have with Wishes. It's sort of the centerpiece of the whole Magic Kingdom experience. Hopefully everyone will feel better when the new show starts and they see that Disney did not use the change as an excuse to cheap out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter