Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

I love Wishes, but I remember when they switched from Fantasy in the Sky, I didn't think I'ld like Wishes and now I love it.
A little sad, but happy to see more upgrades to the WDW parks.

I hesitate to write this because I know lots of people adore wishes, but in my opinion it's about time.

I did enjoy wishes, but it's OK for something new to come.

I'm hopeful it might reach the levels of awesome that remember and DL forever has at Disneyland.

I gotta agree...

Not only was this show beyond dead...it was never that good in the first place.

I saw it in its first couple of days and the reaction - not just me - by others in the crowd was "fantasy was better..."

And then they whittled away the bursts to cut costs.

This is not a "bad" thing...persay

Color me very surprised. Rivers of Light, avatar date, Star Wars date, and now this. Was there a D23 convention I missed?

You bring up a good point.

What do you think will be announced at D23? I've posted about this before, but I wasn't awfully impressed with any announcements at D23 2015, and I more than likely won't be going to any D23 conventions in the future.

Unknown yet if this will be heavy on projections with less pyro or same amount of pyro with projections.

That's kinda the whole question, isnt it?

Because those projections...while cool...have a limited field of view and create the uncomfortable meat market around the hub that we all pretty much hate.

Fireworks...at least...extends to most of the park.

This is something to follow...I would ask (and I'm not gonna get...oh well) that bear this in mind before we get the "it's gonna be great!!" And "ugh...I have to move my trip up!!!" Stuff

...hold the reigns...common sense

I'm more interested to hear the change in music than the actual show, to be honest. Is that weird?

Nope, I'm very curious to hear which Disney songs they'll go with and if they'll do anything original.

I would bet the bank there will be a frozen let it go.

I'd also love the tangled lantern song.

A Moana song would be welcome by me.

Then they gotta get some of the older films like beauty and the beast and maybe even a snow white nod.

You bring up a good point.

What do you think will be announced at D23? I've posted about this before, but I wasn't awfully impressed with any announcements at D23 2015, and I more than likely won't be going to any D23 conventions in the future.
Well they did announce Star Wars and toy story in 2015. I'm thinking we see the model and more info for Star Wars. Marvel at DCA, and maybe just maybe an Epcot announcement.

Nope, I'm very curious to hear which Disney songs they'll go with and if they'll do anything original.

I would bet the bank there will be a frozen let it go.

I'd also love the tangled lantern song.

A Moana song would be welcome by me.

Then they gotta get some of the older films like beauty and the beast and maybe even a snow white nod.
They give you a sneak preview of the music in the video in the link.

That's kinda the whole question, isnt it?

Because those projections...while cool...have a limited field of view and create the uncomfortable meat market around the hub that we all pretty much hate.

Fireworks...at least...extends to most of the park.

This is something to follow...I would ask (and I'm not gonna get...oh well) that bear this in mind before we get the "it's gonna be great!!" And "ugh...I have to move my trip up!!!" Stuff

...hold the reigns...common sense

That is a good point. A lot of people watched wishes from fantasy land which I think really helped with the congestion in the hub.

Let's hope that the new show is still fireworks heavy.

I don't think WDW has anything like the Matterhorn that they can do projections on that can be seen from the hub and elsewhere.

I definitely have mixed feelings - I am excited for a new show but Wishes was the one thing that hit me in the "feels" the most of anything Disney does (to the point that if i were to ever get a Disney related tattoo, the phrase "See what a little wishing can do?" would likely be a part of it).

But it has been a while and not realistic to think it would never change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter