Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Some people look forward to their next adult beverage of choice, I look forward to my next cup of coffee (hello! notice my nickname!).

HOWEVER, Starbucks does not count as a good cup of coffee & Disney should remain free from the junk. If I miss out on sharing a bigger than your head ice cream sandwich with my family because of this, I'm going to be VERY bummed?!

77 more days to go...

thedonduck said:
McD's USED to be at Disney. They spilt ways a few years ago because they couldn't come to terms with contracts!!!

There are all sorts of brands in the parks...Coke is prime example. There is no escaping it sorry!

Didn't they used to have a stand in Dinoland and Frontierland? Vaguely remember it....anyway love Starbucks,but disappointed. Just sad to replace nostalgic things:(

Sweettears said:
As PP stated they used to have MDs in at least AK. There was a French fry stand and the restaurant in Dinoland was a MDs.

Mickey D's was also in MK...a few yards down from POTC: back in 2004.

TBdisneyMC said:
Agreed.

I'm not going to worry TOO much until it's actually finished. Although, I'm disappointed that the Bakery will be closed in Feb...
I really hope they don't mess with it too much. If you read about the Starbucks location in DCA, it's not in-you-face Starbucks. They still have a lot of the Disney desserts/pastries, with Starbucks pastries in addition. So, hopefully, Main St. Bakery will be similar...

Here's a review from DCA with lots of pictures:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/02/dining-in-disneyland-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

I do agree; that looks promising.

I'm kind of a Starbucks addict...love my cinnamon dolce lattes...I will trust that Disney will make it look like it fits in, much like they did at Disneyland. :)

This is an outrage. Main ST Bakery epitomizes what Main St. is all about. It was a part of Walt's vision for Main St. Move Starbucks somewhere else in MK if you must. We need not only the delectable food they served at MSB like the oozy, gooey cinnamon rolls but the atmosphere. I am a Disney fanatic but this makes me very sad...

This is an outrage. Main ST Bakery epitomizes what Main St. is all about. It was a part of Walt's vision for Main St. Move Starbucks somewhere else in MK if you must. We need not only the delectable food they served at MSB like the oozy, gooey cinnamon rolls but the atmosphere. I am a Disney fanatic but this makes me very sad...

I agree with you sooooooo much. This makes me so beyond sad. I have so many great memories of the bakery to imagine it's going to be a starbucks makes me sick. There's starbucks on every corner where I live. There's no Main Street Bakery where I live. Another classic bites the dust. :sad1:

Oh, I do so agree with you. We need to save the cinnamon rolls and the bakery that surrounds them.

My vote is for them to leave it the way it is!!! If I want Starbucks I can get this at home. I would be very happy if all franchise/chain stores were nowhere to be found in Disney..:thumbsup2

Main Street USA is supposed to represent the turn of the 20th century when the gas lamp lead to the electric light. Anyone want to tell me how on earth STARBUCKS which didn't arrive till the 1990s makes any sense on main street??

I rarely get mad at Disney.... but omg ... this has me fuming. The arcade gone, theater gone, center street gone, etc etc and now the bakery too?

Cinnamon rolls will be available at Gaston's Tavern (and probably at Starbucks) and the Toll House cookie sandwiches are available at Sleepy Hollow.

So long as we can get those two things somewhere, I am okay with this.

The name “Starbucks” has no place on Main St. USA. No matter what they rename it, I guarantee that they will have that name on the outside of the building (just like in DLCA). No matter how circa 1900 they make the signage, it will still hurt the theming of Main Street and to me this is a much bigger issue than anything they change on the menu. Serve Starbucks coffee inside, make me go to Fantasy land for my cinnamon rolls, I can live with that. Just don’t hurt the theming that sets the tone for the whole MK experience.

awdwnut

I just don't see how starbucks fits into Main St. This makes me sad. I was excited they were bringing starbucks into the parks as their current coffee is awful, but not like this. Can't they just keep the bakery the same and serve starbucks coffee there?!?

Eh. I'm sure the theming will be nice. I just hope they stay away from Starbucks baked goods. They're AWFUL!

If it is anything like DCA's Starbucks it won't be as bad as some may think. It looks nothing like your typical Starbucks inside, in fact the only thing that is Starbucks about it is the drinks. They still sell the same baked goods as the other bakeries do in the parks, and the only signage on the outside is a plaque. It's not as horrible as people may picture.

This. I don't know why so many people think that a company so invested in theming will fumble this decision and put in a Starbuck's that looks just like one you would find in downtown Chicago. Let's not freak out until we see with our own eyes what the new location will look like and serve. Plenty of places on Main Street over the years have had significant corporate ties without presenting themselves as corporate shills or sellouts. Think: Sealtest, Carnation, Oscar Meyer, Coca-Cola among others. I am far from a Starbuck's fan, but I'll take their espresso over anything served at the MSB. And the Starbuck's brownies are way better than the MSB versions.

Somehow I don't think Walt Disney would ever have approved the decision to replace a beloved shop like Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks.:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter