Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Is it not possible that the Bakery will remain pretty much the same and just have Starbucks signage blended into it? I'd be pretty shocked to see the new place not blended in to the rest of Main St. I'll remain optimistic until I hear otherwise.

:sad1: Again, we don't drink coffee and the few things we have tried at our Starbucks we good but nothing that we dream about or crave like we do our favorites from the bakery.

Loved this song and so fitting for this
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

Could someone really tech savy start an online petition or write a really good letter everyone could copy/paste into an email and send it to Disney. I would sign/do that!!

There are already hundreds of negative posts about this on Facebook as well. Maybe Disney should listen.... I'm not sure they understand nostalgia :(

Very sad to see this happen. Next there will be a McDonalds, Burger King and a Wendy's.

I kind of thought it would be nice to have Tim Hortons in the World Showcase Canada building at Epcot. That place needs a bit of a update...(I don't wear plaid and live in an igloo), but Starbucks on Main St. USA in MK...BOO! I hate Starbucks and the bakery just fits better with the theme of that area. We aren't going until March.:(

I won't miss it. Their baked goods are terrible, dry, old, crusty. You can get far better baked goods on property (Starring Rolls, Goofy's in DTD). I did like their croissant breakfast sandwiches though. IMO, Starbucks' pastries are far better quality than anything that currently gets sold there.

OMG!!!! PLEEEEASE don't take away my choc chip cookie ice cream sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a family tradition!!!!! :sad1:

Our family too!! I sooooooooooooooooo hope that the bakery items remain! Starbucks' bakery items are lousy. We want our ice cream sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, croissants, and cookies.

I havent yet read through the comments in this thread. I wanted to quickly respond and express my feelings.

this sucks and Im sad and have a headache. srsly? why? why main street???????????

I was all about the starbucks coffee, we all know wdw coffee stinks.. but im so upset no more bakery.. starbucks doesnt fit on main street. unless they disguise it...

:sad1:

Are those cinnamon rolls the same big square ones they now serve over in Gaston's Tavern in the new Fantasyland? They were either $3.95 or $4.95, and worth every penny! I never paid attention in the Main Street Bakery, but heard they were one in the same.

I saw on FB that someone started a petition on change.org :thumbsup2, but I can't find it??
Hail Mary!

Could someone really tech savy start an online petition or write a really good letter everyone could copy/paste into an email and send it to Disney. I would sign/do that!!

Yeah I'd sign too! Keeping fingers crossed it is a smooth transistion and they keep the bakery stuff and just serve Starbucks coffee :coffee:

what i cant believe this...of all things to take away...and to replace with a starbucks

I understand the anger many people are having about the replacement. It is such an iconic place. I'm holding out hope that they will keep it similar, like I said, to the one in DL and just incorporate the two together.

However.... it is actually really irritating to read the "what's next...McD, etc." People, McDonalds was at WDW for YEARS! They had a whole section at AK (hence why Dinoland looks the way it does!), they used to sell fries in the little kiosk by Splash Mountain and Pecos Bill, they had an actual McD in DTD. This is NOT a valid argument, McD withdrew from WDW because of contract disputes.

Sadly, you can go to a Starbucks anywhere in the country. The Main Street Bakery can only be found at Magic Kingdom.

Hopefully I will be able to visit the Bakery before it closes. Just out of curiosity, why would they spend so much time refurbishing the bakery early this year and now they are going to change it again? :confused3

I'm not a fan of coffee in general especially in the heat of the summer. Also I'm wondering if they are considering moving the bakery. A slim chance for that but we can always hope.

DISLIKE. Are we sure that maybe they aren't going to just incorporate Starbucks into the existing bakery...I just can't see them putting a typical Starbucks into that area that's a throwback to the days of old! There certainly weren't Starbucks back then! Booo Disney. Worst decision ever.

If it is anything like DCA's Starbucks it won't be as bad as some may think. It looks nothing like your typical Starbucks inside, in fact the only thing that is Starbucks about it is the drinks. They still sell the same baked goods as the other bakeries do in the parks, and the only signage on the outside is a plaque. It's not as horrible as people may picture. Plus it's nice to get my pumpkin spice latte fix while I'm there :)

:sad1: And now my view of the castle will be obscured by the hideous Starbucks sign... and their coffee isn't that amazing either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter