Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

I hope it's at least not till late January. We will be there Jan 4 to 11. Have to get in one last Main Street Bakery breakfast.

We just got back today (Friday) and we spent most of our mornings there! This is just about the worst thing they could do to the main street bakery!:confused3 But, on the other hand, if they continue to sell the same Disney baked goods and only change the coffee to Starbucks then that wouldn't be so bad. What I don't like seeing is other Corporate names inside the parks, it ruins the "magic". What's next...McDonalds next to Casey's? I guess we'll all have to wait and see. pirate:

I would be fine with switching to Starbucks products but keeping it the bakery. It doesn't sound like that's in the plans though.:sad1:

What's next Mcdonalds and Burger King taking over quick service restaurants. Ughh...I like starbucks, but I don't like this change. We always go to Main Street bakery once during every trip. I want Disney when i'm in Disney!! Main Street bakery is classic..lol.

What's next Mcdonalds and Burger King taking over quick service restaurants. Ughh...I like starbucks, but I don't like this change. We always go to Main Street bakery once during every trip. I want Disney when i'm in Disney!! Main Street bakery is classic..lol.

As PP stated they used to have MDs in at least AK. There was a French fry stand and the restaurant in Dinoland was a MDs.

I love the idea of a Starbucks but hope they will keep some of the Main street Bakery's baked goods there. The Starbucks baked goods suck!!!

It's a shame I won't be able to visit the MSB nor the Starbucks will be open in February. I guess I'll have to make a trip during fall next year!

I think it will still be Main Street Bakery. That's how it is out at DCA, it's not called "Starbucks", it's "Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe". They have both Starbucks & Disney snacks.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/08...rbucks-opens-in-disneys-california-adventure/

http://networkedblogs.com/Ey4YF

It was announced back in April that Starbucks was coming to Walt Disney World. Many have waited (impatiently) to find out when theyll be able to actually get some decent coffee in the parks. Well today, we will wait no longer in suspense to find out not only when the Starbucks will open, but also where.

The Siren will be making its debut at the Magic Kingdom in the Main Street Bakery. The shop will close in January 2013 and will open once again in early Summer 2013. Over at Epcot, Starbucks will be opening up inside the Fountain View, which is slated to close in March 2013 and reopening mid-summer 2013.

The locations are expected to serve all the general items that Starbucks usually serves.

Additional locations are expected to be announced for both Disneys Hollywood Studios and Disneys Animal Kingdom soon.

Oh no! I don't drink coffee, but I adore the MSB cinnamon rolls. I have those on my must-do list and everyone else's that goes there. Even if they keep them in the end, it will be closed for my next 2 trips. :sad:

This is terrible, I'm sure this decision was made by some penny counter. Good thing we are going in four weeks so that I can get my fill of cinnamon buns.

The Magic Shop and Penny Arcade sadly welcome the Main St. Bakery to the WDW graveyard. :sad:

I agree. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot........... (sure, you can thank me for putting that song in your head ;))

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:scared::sad: There go my sugar cookies and my DBF's fave Walnut Brownies. :( I will not sadly be able to return to WDW until way after this happens so. RIP bakery.

Boo! And the refurbishment starts around the time we're going! We love going to MSB :sad1:

Oh, no, this news has hit me hard. The cinnamon roll for breakfast has become a *must do* at least twice in our visits. I hate Starbucks burnt coffee. I'm glad we have one more trip before closure, then we'll probably never go back - unless hopefully they'll keep some of the bakery items (like maybe the cinnamon roll ;)). I hate to inform hubby of this - he really LOVES that roll ::yes::

I do love *good* coffee - we're from so. LA and drink French Roast, but why Starbucks has to make it taste burned is beyond me. It's what a lot of people say also, not just us. :confused3

What am I going to do w/o my big slice of carrot cake?! I was sooooo looking forward to that when we go in 80 days! :(

You've got to be kidding me. I haven't even got to enjoy anything from the Bakery yet! I don't think I've ever been so ticked off before. What idiot made this decision? :mad:

:sad2:

I think it will still be Main Street Bakery. That's how it is out at DCA, it's not called "Starbucks", it's "Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe". They have both Starbucks & Disney snacks.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/08...rbucks-opens-in-disneys-california-adventure/

Agreed.

I'm not going to worry TOO much until it's actually finished. Although, I'm disappointed that the Bakery will be closed in Feb...
I really hope they don't mess with it too much. If you read about the Starbucks location in DCA, it's not in-you-face Starbucks. They still have a lot of the Disney desserts/pastries, with Starbucks pastries in addition. So, hopefully, Main St. Bakery will be similar...

Here's a review from DCA with lots of pictures:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter