Good socks?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any suggestions for socks that work well in FL summer weather at WDW? Extra cushioning? Special Fabric? I typically just wear cotton/poly socks at home but I'm thinking that might not cut it for an August visit with all the walking. I'm willing to splurge on a couple of pairs to help pamper my tootsies while I'm there!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions for super low, women's socks that work well in FL summer weather at WDW? Extra cushioning? Special Fabric? I typically just wear cotton/poly socks at home but I'm thinking that might not cut it for an August
visit with all the walking. I'm willing to splurge on a couple of pairs to help pamper my tootsies while I'm there!

Have you considered a good pair of walking sandals like Merrell brand?
I am a Floridian. my toes hate sneakers LOL I wear sandals 99% of the time.
I can wear my Merrells in the park with no issues, walking all day and its so much cooler.

Let me be the third to endorse Feetures. I was mildly offended at the idea of spending so much on socks but WOW they’re nice. Just pay attention. There’s a specifically left and a right sock.

Make sure whatever you buy you wear a bit before going on your trip. I made the mistake once of buying new socks for a trip to WDW, but I didn't try them out before hand. Huge mistake. I ended up buying new socks on Main Street, and having to put a bunch of mole skin on sore spots on my feet. It was miserable.

So i have big feet, size 11 in woman's. I wear Gold Toe men's socks. Men's socks are do much thicker then woman's socks and don't have that slippery issue. I hate how woman's socks are so cheaply made. I started having to have to wear men's socks years ago because I couldn't find woman's that fit my feet. They now, finally, have bigger socks for woman but I have not found any that are thick enough to actually give any cushion. I am on my feet all day at work and need good socks. If your feet are big enough, i suggest looking at men's socks.

I have PF and need compression or padded socks. I wear Feetures and Thorlo in the parks along with good shoes and don’t have any issues.
Which Feetures style? Elite, high performance, merino?

Which cushion level?

Available Cushion Levels:
ULTRA LIGHT, LIGHT CUSHION & MAX CUSHION

I also wear size 11 in women. I second gold toe brand from Kohl’s . i also have a few pairs of running socks I got at the local New Balance shoe store and they have a nice grip on the bottom and moisture wicking .

I have had good results with Darn Tough Vertex Run No Show Tab Ultra Light Cushion socks. These come in both a merino wool blend and a fully synthetic "CoolMax" blend. Both are good, but the wool blend gets the best results in the parks.

I wear Feetures and Thorlo in the parks along with good shoes and don’t have any issues.

I play tennis in 100 degree heat at home, and I swear by Thorlo socks. They are my best socks for Disney.

Another sock suggestion: bring a second pair with you to the parks in a small ziploc bag. There is nothing more refreshing than switching out your socks in the late afternoon. :)

Balega and Thorlos running socks for me. Bombas ..... I can’t seem to get the right size and thickness for me, but I know others who swear by them.

You really need to try them out before going!

Which Feetures style? Elite, high performance, merino?

Which cushion level?

Available Cushion Levels:
ULTRA LIGHT, LIGHT CUSHION & MAX CUSHION

I buy these in grey. This is the only sock that I have ever bought that has lasted me over a year. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

High Performance Cushion No Show Tab

Polo Ralph Lauren women's sport socks. They come in a bunch of colors and are some of the only socks that don't leave a mark around my ankle from a tight elastic, and are very soft and cushioned. They offer a style that is described as "flat knit" that I don't like as much, but will still wear if I have to. The flat knit aren't as soft and the ankle is slightly tighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter