Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

No disagreement from me that there is perceived value in FPs for hard-to-get rides (and thus perceived value in an advance system if that increases your odds). If there wasn't value, very few souls would be buying Ultimate Night of Adventure tours (FoP), EMM (7DMT), and FEA dessert parties. But that's also the thing - the value of the current FP+ advance window already is questionable if you're only doing it for those rides - there's no guarantee on those even now (better chances, sure, but still not 100%) and probably shouldn't be a deciding factor in on-site/off-site if your shot at those is the only reason. Increasing the pool won't make it easier for the top rides, but they're already hard to get as it is. But value is subjective - I wouldn't pay for EMM or the AK tour, but others do and seem to be happy with that option. Same for staying on-site for the FP 60-day window.

Curious, too, what happens with SW:GE - of course, I have no proof but believe that FoP FPs have been throttled to manage the stand-by line and spread guests out (no secret that FPs are part of queue management across parks). Won't surprise me in the least if FPs are extremely rare or nonexistent for SW:GE for some time after opening.

That is an interesting though - if one of the big reasons one stays on site is the access to those FPs, could you then stay off site, save $500 on your stay and buy the VIP tours - get the guaranteed access to the rides you want, get (likely) better accommodations, etc.

i could definitely see that for the Star Wars: GE tours if prices for onsite continue to go up and up and up

we always stay onsite but now thinking this may just be a great option and save money in the long run. Even adding in a rental car cost at some of the good neighbor hotels is well under value resorts. Now gives the option of eating offsite and saving even more. This is great, thanks Disney now my dollars will stretch more someplace else. Already making changes to our January trip. I can not see how Disney is winning on this deal? Maybe they are going to back charge the hotels but just make no sense in lost revenue with dinning, etc.

we always stay onsite but now thinking this may just be a great option and save money in the long run. Even adding in a rental car cost at some of the good neighbor hotels is well under value resorts. Now gives the option of eating offsite and saving even more. This is great, thanks Disney now my dollars will stretch more someplace else. Already making changes to our January trip. I can not see how Disney is winning on this deal? Maybe they are going to back charge the hotels but just make no sense in lost revenue with dinning, etc.

I have to assume there is money coming from these hotels to Disney to be considered Good neighbor hotels in general and perhaps for this perk specifically

plus, as others mentioned if this just attracts more people to the area - and people to come to the parks that might not in the past, there is that plus for them too

Guess it shows that they can't be hurting for occupancy rates all that much - at least amongst people that are in this price range for a room

I just checked for curiosity's sake, and none of the DS hotels (which are the likely candidates for this in the article) have cheaper rates than my reservation at Pop. So I'm not so sure that they're always a better deal. Those rates didn't include resort fees either. And as a solo traveler, I greatly appreciate DME and Resort Airline Check-In. Truly a bummer though. My chances of a FOP FP will be even lower now. :(

That is an interesting though - if one of the big reasons one stays on site is the access to those FPs, could you then stay off site, save $500 on your stay and buy the VIP tours - get the guaranteed access to the rides you want, get (likely) better accommodations, etc.

i could definitely see that for the Star Wars: GE tours if prices for onsite continue to go up and up and up
Interesting point.

For me my best option is still to stay onsite until I’m old enough to rent a car. That is of course only for any solo trips I would do. If I’m with others I wouldn’t have to worry about that.

I just checked for curiosity's sake, and none of the DS hotels (which are the likely candidates for this in the article) have cheaper rates than my reservation at Pop. So I'm not so sure that they're always a better deal. Those rates didn't include resort fees either. And as a solo traveler, I greatly appreciate DME and Resort Airline Check-In. Truly a bummer though. My chances of a FOP FP will be even lower now. :(

True...

Those hotels aren't "cheap" and haven't been for a long time.

People think they are because they're not "disney"

...but the Hilton is a hilton...and pop century is like a super 8.

Things are built to be what they are...only Disney seems to think they can be relabeled.

Last edited:
So let's say it's the hotels near Disney Springs and what else? Maybe the Four Seasons and the Waldorf?

Let's say this all happens in MDE and Disney gets a cut of every room that gets the 60 day window

Could be a substantial amount of profit indeed. For doing essentially nothing other than loading them into the system.

Sounds like something right up Disney's alley! :)

I thought the same thing...but you would of course have to demo them...

1987 Caribbean concrete vaults don't scream "luxury"

Well, looking at a random 2 weekdays in May, Pop is $157 already, AoA $170 (ugh, worst hotel I have been in in a REALLY long time), and Caribbean is $200. POR is $260, so if you say POR is $260, you could probably say that 1980s design with a dedicated transport is at least that.

I thought the same thing...but you would of course have to demo them...

1987 Caribbean concrete vaults don't scream "luxury"

Heck of a lot cheaper than developing a new site under present regulations. Plus it is probably time to start being judicious in land use for what comes in the next 100 years. Wouldn't you know it the CBR turns 30 next year? I wonder what the length of amortization was? POP turns 30 five years after that.

Last edited:

Interesting. Checked May for next year. $141 for the Pop. Holiday Inn is $103 with a $13 resort fee, Wyndham is $113 with a resort fee and parking, Best Western is $127 with a $14 resort fee. So those are cheaper and much larger rooms. That said, these are WAY higher than I am used to (Wyndham I am used to being around $90, Best Western around $70).

Well, looking at a random 2 weekdays in May, Pop is $157 already, AoA $170 (ugh, worst hotel I have been in in a REALLY long time), and Caribbean is $200. POR is $260, so if you say POR is $260, you could probably say that 1980s design with a dedicated transport is at least that.

I'm just pointing out how stupid people are...

$150 is the reasonable cap for any of those...exterior entry with mall food courts

Heck of a lot cheaper than developing a new site under present regulations. Plus it is probably time to start being judicious in land use for what comes in the next 100 years. Wouldn't you know it The CBR turns 30 next year? I wonder what the length of amortization was? POP turns 30 five years after that.

Pop opened in 05 after an original 2003 opening...

Caribbean opened on October 1, 1988...the grand was supposed to but was delayed...

The poly and contemp went up $40 a night when the grand opened...Caribbean hung low with disney inn...
And so...the "class" system was born.

People use to "hate" that...I'm beginning to think they'll like where it's heading a lot less.

Interesting. Checked May for next year. $141 for the Pop. Holiday Inn is $103 with a $13 resort fee, Wyndham is $113 with a resort fee and parking, Best Western is $127 with a $14 resort fee. So those are cheaper and much larger rooms. That said, these are WAY higher than I am used to (Wyndham I am used to being around $90, Best Western around $70).
My trip is in March and Pop is $120 thanks to the current offer. BW wasn't even showing as available, the others you mentioned were within the Pop rate but didn't include tax or any fees. I know Pop is a value, but I love the resort, particularly the themeing, so it's not motel-quality in my eyes.

Pop opened in 05 after an original 2003 opening...

Caribbean opened on October 1, 1988...the grand was supposed to but was delayed...

The poly and contemp went up $40 a night when the grand opened...Caribbean hung low with disney inn...
And so...the "class" system was born.

People use to "hate" that...I'm beginning to think they'll like where it's heading a lot less.

What is a decade when the oldshiemers kicks in.

Agree the on property rooms are headed toward DL style for the top incomes only.

Last edited:
Where are you accustomed to seeing those chain hotel rates? I book a lot of hotels in major markets, and it is pretty rare to see any sort of basic hotel for under $125/night. That's the hampton inn, fairfield, holiday inn express and the like. $150 is closer to the norm for what I see.

Where are you accustomed to seeing those chain hotel rates? I book a lot of hotels in major markets, and it is pretty rare to see any sort of basic hotel for under $125/night. That's the hampton inn, fairfield, holiday inn express and the like. $150 is closer to the norm for what I see.

I was wondering the same, good luck find a Hampton or Fairfield under $150/nt.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter