Good cell phone for a senior

My Mom is in her 80s and loved her IPhone. She has the 11 Pro (just upgrades every few years, started with a, then 5 Plus, then a 7 plus). She loves it and has no issues with it at all. My Dad on the other hand hates having a phone. We have tried both flip and IPhone and he just refuses to learn. Funny, he can use his IPad quite well so he should have the basic understanding for the Iphone. Other of the family members who are 80+ pretty much all have Iphones. The one discovered Facetime so that is how she calls 90% of the time now.

I agree with others. Find someone who will let your Mom try out their IPhone for feel and testing out the various features. And forget the 6. I would get at least a X for her.

You say she has trouble with unlocking the phone with shakey hands ... is it JUST unlocking the phone? Or is it all phone use?
What I'm thinking is, if it's JUST unlocking the phone, why not take away the lock? I don't keep mine locked ... it's just me and my husband and one child here at home, and I don't really care if they look at my phone.
Yes to a larger phone. I love my slightly-larger phone because it's easier to read. I'll never have a small model like my daughter's again.
It's all things that take detail her hands always shake

Can you go with your Mom to your service provider's store to look at and try the phones on display? I just recently upgraded my Iphone 7+ to an 11 and found the salespeople very helpful. Also, with my service provider, I can return a phone within 2 weeks. If the phone is defective, there is no fee to exchange. If I change my mind on a phone within the 2 weeks, I do have to pay a fee. I don't recall the exact amount, but it wasn't a lot.

Can you go with your Mom to your service provider's store to look at and try the phones on display? I just recently upgraded my Iphone 7+ to an 11 and found the salespeople very helpful. Also, with my service provider, I can return a phone within 2 weeks. If the phone is defective, there is no fee to exchange. If I change my mind on a phone within the 2 weeks, I do have to pay a fee. I don't recall the exact amount, but it wasn't a lot.
I live in Florida and she lives in Texas. She does not drive anymore :( I'm hoping to get back to Texas soon, just waiting for the summer rates to drop off.
I ordered her an ipad for now, she has not used it yet because I have to find someone there to sign on the wifi for her. She lives with a roommate that drives and is able but is technology lacking. I tried to walk them through it. Thanks for the idea.

My Mom is in her 80s and does not like tech. Still uses a VCR to record shows on TV-- does not own a PC or laptop etc. She loves her iphone Look at the SE. I would not get a 6s-- they are too old. My Mom was very hesitant about getting rid of her 6s, but the battery was going bad. She thought the newer models that we had were more complicated. and she didn't like that they did not have a home button. The SE is similar to the 6s, has a home button, has a 2020 model, and is cheaper than the 11s or 12s. She loves the SE because it is very easy to use. We don't have hers set up with a password so she just has to push the home button. She doesn't have anything on her phone that would matter if someone got into it-- she does nothing online.

My Mom is in her 80s and does not like tech. Still uses a VCR to record shows on TV-- does not own a PC or laptop etc. She loves her iphone Look at the SE. I would not get a 6s-- they are too old. My Mom was very hesitant about getting rid of her 6s, but the battery was going bad. She thought the newer models that we had were more complicated. and she didn't like that they did not have a home button. The SE is similar to the 6s, has a home button, has a 2020 model, and is cheaper than the 11s or 12s. She loves the SE because it is very easy to use. We don't have hers set up with a password so she just has to push the home button. She doesn't have anything on her phone that would matter if someone got into it-- she does nothing online.
This is really helpful, thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter