going to Disney for Christmas

stitch1986

Stitch Lvr
Hello everyone!
I am new to here so I was wondering about Disney at Christmastime. The people that are going is my mom my brother and me so pretty much all adults. We have tickets for the MVMCP. I was wondering what hotels are a must see at christmas and how are the gingerbread in Disney. I feel semi old going there since there is no kids lol :( well I just was wondering the must does during Christmas.

Hello and welcome! :)

I haven't been to Disney in a while for Christmas, but I remember all the hotels being decorated for Christmas, but the premium resorts being the most impressive and being decorated the most. The Grand Floridian, the Wilderness Lodge, the Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc. I've seen on the food network a special about Disney during Christmas time and each premium resort makes it's own gingerbread display and I think they are different from year to year. I think it's worth it to take at least a little time to hotel hop and see all the decorations. I'm not a gingerbread fan, so I'm not sure how it is. I think the Grand Floridian builds a huge gingerbread house in the lobby and they sell miniature gingerbread houses you can buy. You'll love Christmas in Disney, there isn't anything like it. Try not to miss the Osbourne Lights in Hollywood Studios. It is amazing! Mickey's Christmas Party is fun as well.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!:yay: :)

was wondering like what does the party consist of like what show things are a must at the party??

I haven't been to a recent one, so maybe someone else can give you better info than I can, but I remember the CM's being dressed in holiday attire, they make it snow on Main Street which is cool. They have a special parade towards the end of the night. I think they also do a Christmas show in front of the castle. Certain rides are open and I remember them handing out hot chocolate and cookies. (Not very fun when we went, it was 85 degrees and humid! :rotfl:) Not sure how things have changed since I've been there..

I went to the Christmas party in 2006. There was a special Christmas-themed parade. It happened to turn very cold that night, and my friend and I were unprepared and not about to run back to the Dolphin for jackets. So we were possitively FORCED to go shopping for new ones, alas! LOL! They served cookies, and hot chocolate that was hot enough to burn your lips off. The snow on Main Street looked really pretty. And we had no problem finding good spots to watch the fireworks. It was a magical evening. Still have the jacket! :lmao:

I am going for the first time this Christmas too. I have seen lots of nice photos of the Grand Floridian and Beach club displays. You might want to see them too.

yea I see that well we are going to the breatfast at grand floridian :) and also my cousin goes like 3xs a year and she said to go there too :) when are you going to DW?

We also went at Christmas time in 2006. It was very chilly the night we were at the Party as well. We're from IL so we came prepared. The parade and fireworks were different and were very nice. There was a show in the theater over in tomorrowland that was just OK. The snow on main street was neat.

Regarding the resorts and their decor, I found the nicest to be (in this order):

Grand Floridian - Huge Gingerbread house and lots of decorations
Beach Club - Enormous Chocolate Carousel
Wilderness Lodge - Enormous Christmas Tree
Boardwalk - Amusement park made of chocolate and gingerbread

We also made a special trip over to AKL to check out their gumpaste/gingerbread/etc African village that was featured on the Food network special, but it was nowhere to be found. The CM at Boma told us that the special had been shot a couple of years before and that they didn't do the village anymore.

My favorite time of year to visit WDW, except that actual Christmas/New Years week when it gets way too crowded for my enjoyment. I found online weather forecasts to be a good thing to check in the morning to know if a trip back to the resort for warm clothing would be warranted later in the day.

I have been to the Christmas Dis...this year will be my 5th time. Only because my DD said she really wanted to see it around the holidays:santa: So now ten of us are going:rolleyes1 The lists they gave you are great...there is one more add on.. I don't remember if it is the Swan or the Dolphin they also have a nice display with a huge tree, and a train going around it.The other had a swiss chalet village made of chocolate and it was in near an entrance to one of the restaurants.Just circle around that whole area will light up your eyes(at the hotels) Enjoy!:santa:

oh really thats cool :) I so cant wait and on top of that I am thinking going again sometime next year on my own for the first time :)

That display at the Boardwalk is really cool - it's amazing to me the amount of patience it must take to create something like that! =8^0

I think my absolute favorite during the holidays is walking through the tunnel of lights into the World Showcase in EPCOT. There are places you can stand where you see the lights reflected in the surrounding water, and it's just beautiful.

I think my absolute favorite during the holidays is walking through the tunnel of lights into the World Showcase in EPCOT. There are places you can stand where you see the lights reflected in the surrounding water, and it's just beautiful.
Either I somehow missed that display or it wasn't there for my last visit in December 2004. Won't miss it this December, though. Sounds really cool.

Either I somehow missed that display or it wasn't there for my last visit in December 2004. Won't miss it this December, though. Sounds really cool.

Bill, I've got some photos from my trip in 2006; I'll dig around and post them for ya.

OMG this is making me want december to come sooner lol I am getting so excited :) I think with all those lights and everything I might cry cause it is so beautiful lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter