going the first week of December

Sheila E.

Mouseketeer
So have decided to try the first week of December this year 2019 how are the crowds and Temps?

Crowds were manageable, though pop warner is going on so that affects some of the resorts. The temperature is totally random. Pack layers. It went from being warm enough for the pool to needing a coat hat and gloves and back again. Typically when the sun was out capris and a tee shirt were fine and carried a hoodie for first thing in the morning/evening. But it seems to vary a lot from year to year as well as from day to day.

So have decided to try the first week of December this year 2019 how are the crowds and Temps?

As for crowds - no way to know really as very likely (but not guaranteed) that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open which will most likely greatly increase crowds (especially at DHS but likely all over to some extent)

We went December 10th to 19 this past year. We felt it was unusually crowded, especially in TSL or Pandora, as was to be expected. We were glad we had our 3 fp's because some wait times were too long for us. If you plan to Not go to the popular rides first thing, you will have a better chance of riding other rides. For example: At the MK at rope drop: While everyone else headed to 7dmt and fantasyland, we went to adventure land and had walk on's for BTMRR and POC. It was great. However, fantasyland was super busy whenever we went. At the AK, while everyone went to Pandora, we went to EE, Dinosaur, etc and had no waits. It can be done with fp's for FOP and SDD, and avoiding the busiest places while riding the other rides. That worked for us.
This time of year used to be slower, but not any more. We just adjusted our touring style, but we probably won't be back during this time again.

Layers are your friend. I'm from New England and went three years in a row for Pop Warner - one year it was so cold we were in hats and gloves - felt just like home...

I was there the first two weeks of December. It was super crowded most of the time and cold many days. Everywhere I read while researching when to go to experience Christmas recommended this time frame as "low crowds"...HAAA it was not low crowds. I can't say how it will be 2019 but Dec 2018 was pretty crazy. I remember one day we were in MK and after using our fp's, refreshing the app with no luck, plus insane lines we gave up and left. When Haunted Mansion has a 90 minute wait and the CMs are outside with the sign that say line starts here, well, that says alot lol Fireworks and castle shows? Try getting glimpses of it through triple the amount of kids on shoulder towers.
I'm just glad I had DAH booked to enjoy the rides more.
If you go, just pack a variety of outfits because the weather is unpredictable. One day I was in shorts others sweaters others light coat. Dont forget your poncho, it rained too.
It was still a magical experience, Disney at Christmas is beautiful. Would I go again during Christmas? Probably not:D

December 2019 will not equal December 2018. It will be crazy at a level we have yet to witness!

If you want to go for Christmas the earlier you go in December the better. It will likely not be "low crowds" like in the past but it will be lower than waiting until later in the month. The weather can be anything from shorts to winter coats. It depends on the year and you won't really know until it is a few days out and you can see a weather report.

Keep in mind Galazy's Edge is likely to be opening close to that time since "Fall 2019" goes until December 12/20 and that may impact crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!