GOG: COSMIC REWIND - PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCES & QUESTIONS. I rode May 10 on AP preview

You can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane.
If you don’t want to purchase, guests using DAS would need to obtain a Virtual Queue/Boarding Group the same way as other guests.
When your Boarding Group is called, contact a CM at the entrance to let them know you have DAS. After verifying DAS and valid Boarding Group, you will be directed to enter the Lightning Lane.
This thread has a lot more details/explanation
When your boarding group is called and you have a day of DAS for say test track, will you have already had to have ridden test track to use DAS for guardians? I hope that question is clear.

Basically, will day of DAS have to be used before going into the guardian’s area?

When your boarding group is called and you have a day of DAS for say test track, will you have already had to have ridden test track to use DAS for guardians? I hope that question is clear.

Basically, will day of DAS have to be used before going into the guardian’s area?

In my experience doing the same scenario for ROTR with our boarding group called and using DAS, no. It doesn't count as your "current" DAS.

They just verify you have DAS registered(and that your BG was called) and you enter the LL queue.

In my experience doing the same scenario for ROTR with our boarding group called and using DAS, no. It doesn't count as your "current" DAS.

They just verify you have DAS registered(and that your BG was called) and you enter the LL queue.
Thank you!

No. You don’t need to use the DAS for Test Track first.
You won’t actually have a DAS Return Time for Guardians of the Galaxy. You will be using your Virtual Queue/Boarding Group to ride Guardians.
The CM will verify that you are registered for DAS before letting you use the Lightning Lane to enter the LL, but you don’t need a DAS Return Time.

Exactly. My Family didn’t ride Rise of the Resistance when it was Virtual Queue/Boarding Group, but we did ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure with it. That was exactly how it worked

No. You don’t need to use the DAS for Test Track first.
You won’t actually have a DAS Return Time for Guardians of the Galaxy. You will be using your Virtual Queue/Boarding Group to ride Guardians.
The CM will verify that you are registered for DAS before letting you use the Lightning Lane to enter the LL, but you don’t need a DAS Return Time.

Exactly. My Family didn’t ride Rise of the Resistance when it was Virtual Queue/Boarding Group, but we did ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure with it. That was exactly how it worked
We did ride Rise like that last summer. Completely forgot. Can’t believe I forgot. Thanks, all!

My DAS party member didn't seem to have much of an issue with the ride, but it will probably be a one and done for me. There was a portion of the ride where it felt hard to breathe, idk exactly what the issue was the speed or the motion or wind blowing, but there was a portion where it was difficult to get air through my nose.

My DAS party member didn't seem to have much of an issue with the ride, but it will probably be a one and done for me. There was a portion of the ride where it felt hard to breathe, idk exactly what the issue was the speed or the motion or wind blowing, but there was a portion where it was difficult to get air through my nose.
How did DAS work for you? We love the queue so much and the boarding group waits are so short we haven’t bothered to try. Today we walked straight into the holding room before the first preshow. (They should have TVs playing the interview from the room prior that we don’t have time to see in here)

Thank you all so much for the helpful info. I’m so worried I’ll get sick if I ride this (no longer can do Star Tours), but my biggest worry has been since my back injury last year I can’t do anything that could jerk around. Last trip in March I got a DAS as I can’t stand too long in one place. It helped, and I knew to avoid certain rides (did walk the queue for the one Star Wars ride that’s jerky so I could see it then did the chicken exit lol).

So the consensus is that this ride is not going to jerk around? That sounds like with Dramamine I might some day give it a go!

Omg, I just got off of it and as soon as I stood up, the word “dizzy” doesn’t even begin to describe what I was feeling.

A few words of advice:

1. TAKE THE DRAMAMINE!

2. Trying to keep aware of the track DOESN’T HELP AND IS EXTREMELY HARD!

3. When you get off, you’ll feel discombobulated and your head and legs will want to go in different directions. Take a minute and get it together.

4. Y’all remember in Vol. 2 when Rocket, Yondu, and Baby Groot did 700 jumps? Yeah, it kinda feels like that, but you do 7,000,000 jumps.

I've done this ride four times over the past month. I'm about to do it two more times today. I am not prone to motion sickness but I'm a big chicken when it comes to the sensation of falling. That's why I've only done terror a handful of times. Yesterday I rode Expedition Everest for the first time in 3 years. I can tell you that that right felt more unsettling to me than Guardians. You go backwards on Expedition Everest for a full 20 seconds at a high rate of speed. Guardians you go backwards for about 5 seconds and then minor second here or there while in motion and turning to view the visuals.

Keep in mind you are in space so the story keeps you focused on the object you are orbiting.

You do feel serious g-forces pushing you back into your seat but you do not get the stomach drop of a Tower of terror drop. The g-forces can cause some people to hyperventilate. If you're not prepared for it, like with mission space, all that pressure on your body could upset you.

I am ambulatory but I am unable to bend my knees and hips due to arthritis. So I needed assistance getting in and out of the vehicle. I was worried about the saddle horn since I cannot do fop because I cannot ride a stride. However I didn't even notice the saddlehorn was there when I sat on it.

The restraint system is extremely secure. I like mine pressed firmly against my belly and holding me in the seat. I did hold on tight but never felt like I'd fall out. In fact at one point I tried to wiggle out and couldn't budge.

Now 3 of my family members had queasy stomachs after the ride. 2 are one and done. The 3rd felt better quickly and enjoyed the second ride once he knew what to expect.

It is an extreme thrill ride. Your heart will race and the adrenaline will flow. I felt exhilarated. And it has become a must-do ride for me.

One other note about the seating, because I am unable to bend my knees and hips at 90 degrees I always concern myself with legroom. Big Thunder doesn't have enough. 7Dwarfs has just enough. Slinky, Expedition and Guardians have plenty of leg room.

Last edited:
You do feel serious g-forces pushing you back into your seat but you do not get the stomach drop of a Tower of terror drop. The g-forces can cause some people to hyperventilate. If you're not prepared for it, like with mission space, all that pressure on your body could upset you.

In your opinion, which was "worse" for the g-forces - GOTG or Mission: Space? (I'm ok with Mission: Space Green, but I could never do Orange again....)

Omg, I just got off of it and as soon as I stood up, the word “dizzy” doesn’t even begin to describe what I was feeling.

A few words of advice:

1. TAKE THE DRAMAMINE!

2. Trying to keep aware of the track DOESN’T HELP AND IS EXTREMELY HARD!

3. When you get off, you’ll feel discombobulated and your head and legs will want to go in different directions. Take a minute and get it together.

4. Y’all remember in Vol. 2 when Rocket, Yondu, and Baby Groot did 700 jumps? Yeah, it kinda feels like that, but you do 7,000,000 jumps.

I got home a week ago, but now have some time.

I have to agree with how you felt. I had gotten scopolomine patch from my doctor, knowing that I get motion sick. It was a test run for me to try it for a day (put on day before), as I have my second cruise (first 15 years ago) and wanted to see if it agrees with me.

Patch on, rode it, my friend gets off first and says, “Wanna sit on this bench a bit?”. Um, did she see I was out of sorts? Yeah, I sat my butt down!

I am pretty sure I’d have almost lost my cookies without the patch, but also wonder if it even helped. No one will ever know LOL but….

It didn’t hurt my back, Yay. I have herniated discs and cannot stand in one place long, so work around that. Cannot do rollercoasters for the most part, but it was smooth.

Much as I’d love to ride it again, and I’m someone who will try anything (that won’t hurt me) once, I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to ride again.

In your opinion, which was "worse" for the g-forces - GOTG or Mission: Space? (I'm ok with Mission: Space Green, but I could never do Orange again....)
Mission: Space. That one is all g-forces for a minute or more. I have a hard time catching my breath and have to do Lamaze breathing so I don't hyperventilate. And I end up with a massive headache afterwards. Guardians you feel the g-force is only when you're going downhill. Less than 5 seconds at a time. It's much more like a traditional roller coaster or Expedition Everest.

Think of it like those old fashioned tilt-a-whirls where you feel the g-force in spurts. It's enough to be exhilarating and get your heart pumping but not enough to make you sick. Unless of course you are prone to motion sickness.

I think what disorient people is that your vehicle rotates so you'll start out going backwards down the track and then turn frontward as your banking downward to the right or left. At some point you are going sideways. But it is a very brief second of sideway motion.

For everyone who is going on this and felt a little off afterwards but didn't get absolutely sick, I recommend doing it twice. The second time around you know what to expect and your body seems to adjust better. My cousin found tightening up his stomach muscles as we were banking and turning kept him from feeling queasy. The same way I will brace my foot against the left where there's right depending on which way the vehicle is banking so that I feel more secure in my seat.

I can tell you after 3 or 4 rides on this, you know the motions by heart and you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. Kind of reminds me of Space mountain

Mission: Space. That one is all g-forces for a minute or more. I have a hard time catching my breath and have to do Lamaze breathing so I don't hyperventilate. And I end up with a massive headache afterwards. Guardians you feel the g-force is only when you're going downhill. Less than 5 seconds at a time. It's much more like a traditional roller coaster or Expedition Everest.

Think of it like those old fashioned tilt-a-whirls where you feel the g-force in spurts. It's enough to be exhilarating and get your heart pumping but not enough to make you sick. Unless of course you are prone to motion sickness.

I think what disorient people is that your vehicle rotates so you'll start out going backwards down the track and then turn frontward as your banking downward to the right or left. At some point you are going sideways. But it is a very brief second of sideway motion.

For everyone who is going on this and felt a little off afterwards but didn't get absolutely sick, I recommend doing it twice. The second time around you know what to expect and your body seems to adjust better. My cousin found tightening up his stomach muscles as we were banking and turning kept him from feeling queasy. The same way I will brace my foot against the left where there's right depending on which way the vehicle is banking so that I feel more secure in my seat.

I can tell you after 3 or 4 rides on this, you know the motions by heart and you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. Kind of reminds me of Space mountain

Thank you for your input! This sound like something I can do, then - will definitely put sea-bands on right beforehand, though, just in case!

There is another thread on the Theme Parks board discussing riding and taking medication for nausea/motion sickness that might be helpful.

I also quoted 3 responses on that thread with video links - 2 of them were videos I posted that were not on this thread before.
If you are OK with watching spoilers, this is a good full ride video taken with a low light camera/phone
The ride does turn you to certain scenes to watch, kind of the same way as Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth turn the ride vehicle. The difference is it’s fast and the scene you are turned towards might be moving the opposite direction to you (makes it look much faster). Some might not consider them to be story, but I did,
The part that almost did me in was a sharp banked turn around a central item
The only time it actually stops for guests to view a scene is almost at the end where the Guardians Team thanks riders for saving the Galaxy

I would also suggest watching ride reaction videos too, to see what others are saying when they get off it. Not the Disney edited videos which only show the laughing and excitement, but the ones by reporters or vloggers actually riding. I find the ones where the cameras are directly on the rider's faces interesting, in seeing their reactions. It's also interesting that those videos show how the cars behind move on the track, to get a better idea of how the individual cars of this ride move overall. It really shows the omni-mover feature of the cars.

Edited to add: I'm not sure I did the link thing correctly, so apologies if it doesn't come out right!

In this video, the ride car stopped and the lights came on from about 2:15 time to 3:05, then it went dark and finished the ride.
You can see how steeply some of the track is banked and see the ‘hill’ in front of their car. Unlike other roller coasters, this one doesn’t seem like it slows (at least not much) when climbing. The slower climb on other coasters is where many people get their bearings and get their breath

Thanks- I actually rode it today! I felt a tiny bit nauseated at first (wore sea bands) but once I got used to it I was completely fine- had a blast! (And I get motion sick on EVERYTHING- I seriously felt sicker during the EAC part of the Seas with Nemo earlier (fortunately just closing eyes helped that)!

Mission Space Orange for sure. GOTG was more like a typical roller coaster, unlike the glued-to-your-seat sensations of MS.

I think another part of what disorients people is also trying to watch the screens because they're not in the same direction as the track or the same direction the car is facing. That's the only time I got a little queasy/disoriented. If I ignore the big screens, then it's seriously my new favourite ride.

The comparison to Space Mountain is perfect: it's not a super intense coaster based on the track layout, there are no big drops, but there are a lot of corkscrew turns and it's in the dark so it's hard to know what's coming next.

I am ambulatory but I am unable to bend my knees and hips due to arthritis. So I needed assistance getting in and out of the vehicle. I was worried about the saddle horn since I cannot do fop because I cannot ride a stride. However I didn't even notice the saddlehorn was there when I sat on it.

One other note about the seating, because I am unable to bend my knees and hips at 90 degrees I always concern myself with legroom. Big Thunder doesn't have enough. 7Dwarfs has just enough. Slinky, Expedition and Guardians have plenty of leg room.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I can't bend my knees to 90 degrees either and it's stopped me from a lot of rides I otherwise could have managed. I almost broke an ankle on RoR because there wasn't enough room to have my foot out in front of me so my toes were smashed against the front.

I've never had trouble with Big Thunder, but I seem to recall that's a bench seat so I can slide into the corner and put my feet out diagonally. None of the newer rides allow for that. The new Tron ride specifically requires you to kneel, so that's just great. I'm still trying to figure out whether its accessible car assumes that you can bend your knees. I'm thinking probably yes it does.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I can't bend my knees to 90 degrees either and it's stopped me from a lot of rides I otherwise could have managed. I almost broke an ankle on RoR because there wasn't enough room to have my foot out in front of me so my toes were smashed against the front.

I've never had trouble with Big Thunder, but I seem to recall that's a bench seat so I can slide into the corner and put my feet out diagonally. None of the newer rides allow for that. The new Tron ride specifically requires you to kneel, so that's just great. I'm still trying to figure out whether its accessible car assumes that you can bend your knees. I'm thinking probably yes it does.
Big Thunder has a bench seat with a shared lap bar. It also has an adapted car where the side opens farther to allow a slide in transfer. Most of the newer attractions have divided seats and separate restraints - shared lap bars can be an issue with 2 riders of unequal size.

The Tron light cycle vehicles do require kneeling, but the accessible car appears to have quite a bit of leg room - there are still separate seats with their own lap bars, but the riders’ feet/legs don’t look like they need to be in an extremely bent position.
these screenshots are from Paging Mr. Tom Morrow’s videoD4E8FFAA-14B5-42F3-9F3C-37D2BDCA2A65.jpegCD73E941-1434-4F95-B827-FD83B3CF7480.jpeg609257D8-7381-4BB5-9174-E1E44B44ABCB.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter