Go with the Flow....A Summer Trip to Remember! July 2012~ **Completed**

I love the views from TSI!! We found the fort & saw BTMRR but never made it to Polly's so I didn't get to see that side of the island. It's amazing how much stuff there is on that little island!

Yay, glad you guys finally made it over to Tom Sawyer Island! It's not something we do often but it is fun to wander around. I actually decided to read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer earlier this year because of TSI, haha!

The Island is so much fun! I was kinda bummed when I saw how tightly they pack you on the rafts...thought there would be too many people over there to have fun. But it's kinda like rope drop...it looks bad, when they are all bottlenecked up, but they spread out quickly. I think we only saw a couple other people our whole time on the island. You're right, it's nice to get away from the crowds for a few minutes. And there are some great shots from over there :thumbsup2

Hi Angie, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had commented...that's what happens when I read updates at work!

Yeah for riding Dumbo - I'm sure it will get harder to get the boys on that as time goes by. That whole area looks amazing, I can't wait to see it on person.

Great pictures from TSI!! I never plan that in anywhere but it looked like a great escape from the heat and crowds.

Finally, congrats on starting the C25K! Good for you! Ella and I tried it last year but we both struggled a bit when it got to the point of running 5 minutes before a walk interval - I don't remember which week it was. Anyways, it at least got me into the habit of getting out 3 times a week and then I came up with my own plan to get me to now where I do intervals of 3 minutes run/1 minute walk. I was never an athlete by any means but I enjoy my running and that I'm improving my fitness level. Good luck!

I'm so glad you loved TSI! I agree, it's really a little oasis away from the park craziness. That cave is DARK! Fun and perfect for little (and big) boys. The views are gorgeous.

I'm so happy that we decided to check out TSI! It was a lot of fun! The boys have mentioned it more than once since we've been home.:thumbsup2

I'm so happy to hear that you all enjoyed Tom Sawyer Island. Like you said, it's a good place to get away from the crowded park for a while. And, the views are pretty too!

When you mentioned Aunt Polly's, it reminded me of the days when it used to be open seasonally and we would buy ice cream there.

The views from the island are so pretty!! It seemed like everywhere I looked there was another great photo op!

I don't know why I didn't get any pictures of Aunt Polly's.:confused3 Noah must have been in a hurry to keep going. ::yes::

I think we'll have to give TSI another chance. When I went for the first time last year, Ariana went one way and Demetri went the other in the fort. Ariana was in a "I'm not listening to you" mood and I spent most of the time there trying to corral us back together. Then I just wanted the heck out of Dodge. :headache:

This trip with George we'll be one kid a piece, much more manageable. :thumbsup2

Good for you on the barrel bridge! There were more people on it when we crossed it and it was really tilting off to the side. I remember thinking Disney wouldn't let us fall in.... would they? :laughing:

Aww...you should give TSI another try.:thumbsup2 But, I can definitely see your point about the fort. There was a lot of small and dark places plus there were quite a few kids running around. It could definitely become overwhelming. ::yes::

Ha! I was thinking the same thing about the barrel bridge just as I was stepping on it. "Gee...it must be safe...right? It's Disney after all.":rotfl:

LOVE TSI.. the bathroom in the fort was a sanctuary last year in August..coldest bathroom ever..lol

I agree!! It's so much fun! I'm glad we made a point to check it out this time!:thumbsup2 Good to know about the bathroom!:rotfl:

I love the views from TSI!! We found the fort & saw BTMRR but never made it to Polly's so I didn't get to see that side of the island. It's amazing how much stuff there is on that little island!

I know! I was definitely not expecting to see so much on the island. The boys loved it! I actually thought it would take more time to explore and it really wasn't bad. Although, I'm sure we could have spent much more time than we did!:thumbsup2

Yay, glad you guys finally made it over to Tom Sawyer Island! It's not something we do often but it is fun to wander around. I actually decided to read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer earlier this year because of TSI, haha!

TSI was a lot of fun to wander around. It was nice to get away from the crowds for a little while. That's so great that TSI inspired you to read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer!:thumbsup2

The Island is so much fun! I was kinda bummed when I saw how tightly they pack you on the rafts...thought there would be too many people over there to have fun. But it's kinda like rope drop...it looks bad, when they are all bottlenecked up, but they spread out quickly. I think we only saw a couple other people our whole time on the island. You're right, it's nice to get away from the crowds for a few minutes. And there are some great shots from over there :thumbsup2
They really do pack you in tight...don't they? That's the only thing about the island that we didn't like. But, once we got over there it was so worth it!! There was hardly anyone around. Definitely a great break from the heat and crowds.:thumbsup2
Hi Angie, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had commented...that's what happens when I read updates at work!

Yeah for riding Dumbo - I'm sure it will get harder to get the boys on that as time goes by. That whole area looks amazing, I can't wait to see it on person.

Great pictures from TSI!! I never plan that in anywhere but it looked like a great escape from the heat and crowds.

Finally, congrats on starting the C25K! Good for you! Ella and I tried it last year but we both struggled a bit when it got to the point of running 5 minutes before a walk interval - I don't remember which week it was. Anyways, it at least got me into the habit of getting out 3 times a week and then I came up with my own plan to get me to now where I do intervals of 3 minutes run/1 minute walk. I was never an athlete by any means but I enjoy my running and that I'm improving my fitness level. Good luck!

Hi Lara!:goodvibes

I'm not sure how much longer I can convince the boys to ride Dumbo.:( I have a sneaking suspicion that may have been our last time. Well...unless I can convince them to ride it at night. That would be new...wouldn't it?:rotfl:

Thanks for the luck on the C25K! :thumbsup2 It's going pretty well so far. I'm in week 2 and have started the 90 sec. jogging and walking for 2 minutes. It really feels good to be running again. I have so much more energy! I don't know how I'm going to be when I get to the 5 minute jogging though. I guess I'll have to wait and see. That's great that it inspired you to get out and keep running.:goodvibes

"It's remarkable how friendly all the people can be, I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA." (Main Street USA)

When I left off, we had just explored Tom Sawyer Island. It was our first time in 5 trips and we loved it!! It allowed us to get away from the crowds for a while which were already starting to pour in at 10:00am that morning. We had spotted more than one tour group already. As a matter of fact we had to weave our way through one to make it to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Luckily, they were going in the opposite direction so apparently they had just finished riding. Woo hoo!:woohoo:

With fastpasses in hand, we made our way over to the ride. I can’t recall what the wait time was at this point because apparently I didn't get any pictures, so there is nothing to help remind me. Sorry about that.:blush:

But, on the bright side this isn’t the only time we made it on BTMRR this trip and on our next time Noah took a ton of pictures of everything so hopefully that update will more than make up for this one.:thumbsup2

Anyways, the ride was as great as ever! We were so happy that it had reopened on time as there had been some talk on the DIS before our trip of a late opening and with Test Track already down, the last thing we wanted was to miss BTMRR as well. We were so glad everything worked out! It’s such a great ride!

After BTMRR, we grabbed a fastpass for Splash and decided to make our way over to get some lunch at our very favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom…..Columbia Harbour House!

On our way over-
074-1.jpg

075-1.jpg

076-1.jpg

It wasn't long before we had arrived, placed our order and had a nice conversation with one of the CM's behind the counter. After getting our food we made our way upstairs to a nice quiet spot by the window.

DH decided to get the Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish with French Fries, Nick and Noah got the same thing but without the fish and I got the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich- white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun with potato chips. Love this sandwich! I look forward to having it on every trip.:thumbsup2

We all got the apple crisp for dessert (except Noah because he got the kid’s meal so I shared mine with him. )
copy79-1-1.jpg

This was really yummy as well.
079-1-1.jpg

Nick enjoying his meal.
078-1.jpg

Noah enjoying his meal.

After our lunch at Columbia Harbor house, the plan was to make our way over to the Haunted Mansion and then head over to Splash to use our fastpasses. But, Nick started complaining that his stomach hurt. Now, at first I must admit I thought it might be his attempt at trying to get out of going on the Haunted Mansion. This would be Nick’s first time riding and to say he was nervous was an understatement. Nick likes to be prepared for things and doesn’t like surprises. He doesn’t want things popping out at him. He’s my thinker…always worrying about what may happen instead of just going with it. So, I didn’t know if this recent development was truly the fact that he didn’t feel well or just his nervousness taking over.:scratchin

As we made our way out, we weaved our way around another huge tour group and considered what we were going to do. Nick was still adamant about not feeling up to riding. Although, Noah was disappointed we ultimately decided that maybe it would be better to wait until we came back later that night. We were also supposed to be heading back to Splash to ride but Nick still was feeling yucky. (this is when I definitely knew he was telling the truth if he was willing to skip going on Splash.) We decided that maybe it would be better to slowly make our way out of the park for the afternoon.

I couldn’t resist snapping a picture of the castle on the way by. I can't say it enough....so BEAUTIFUL!
080-1.jpg

We stopped around the hub to get some pictures with the statues and got a photopass picture which I will post later.
081-1.jpg

Nick was being a good sport despite not wanting his picture taken.
083-1.jpg

084-1.jpg

085-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

088-1.jpg

Since Nick was feeling a little better we all agreed to stop and check out the Emporium before we left for the afternoon. We thought it would be a great way to get out of the heat for a bit.

While we were looking around, I found the cutest shirt.
091-1.jpg

Love the design!
092-1.jpg

Although, we didn’t buy anything we had fun browsing.
093-1.jpg

On our way out, I told the boys about the Goofy statue that we had somehow missed on all our other trips.
095-1.jpg

Okay….let’s try that again. (Does this sound familiar?)
094-1.jpg

Not bad…except Nick has his eyes closed. Oh well.

So after a really fun morning it was time to head out for the afternoon. At first I was disappointed that we were leaving earlier than planned but we rolled with it and actually things worked out better in the long run. I found those statues that I have missed every trip and we spent some time on Main Street (which you already know how much I love), did a little browsing in the shops, and found the Goofy statue. (another thing we were hoping to find this trip.)

Overall, I knew going into the trip that we needed to take things slower with the heat and the crowds. We did what we could and I’m happy to report that after an afternoon rest, Nick was feeling back to his old self. Oh and he promised us that he would go on Haunted Mansion that evening….no excuses!

Up Next—Too much food….and rain again?

Subscribing! We have 2 boys as well so I love seeing a similar family to our own.

We also loved Tom Sawyer when we visited it for the first time after many trips to the MK. It's also a great way for the parents to sit back and relax while the kids explore for a while. :)

Subscribing! We have 2 boys as well so I love seeing a similar family to our own.

We also loved Tom Sawyer when we visited it for the first time after many trips to the MK. It's also a great way for the parents to sit back and relax while the kids explore for a while. :)

Welcome!!!:goodvibes I'm so glad you joined in!!

Tom Sawyer Island was one of the highlights of the day for us!! The boys loved being able to explore the different parts of the island. It was a really nice escape from all the crowds over in Frontierland that morning.:thumbsup2

Bummer about not feeling well but glad to hear he rebounded. I know sometimes after that kind of hot morning, mine eat too fast, don't drink enough and then don't feel so great. Nice that you were able to meander your way out like that though, some hidden gems!

I've never seen that Goofy statue! I have to scope it out next time...he's my FAVORITE!

It's so funny to hear about other people's experiences with the tour groups. I was surprised with how many there were, but they really weren't that big a deal to us....sometime made the rides loud if you happened to get on with them, but we managed :)

"It's remarkable how friendly all the people can be, I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA." (Main Street USA)

Overall, I knew going into the trip that we needed to take things slower with the heat and the crowds. We did what we could and I’m happy to report that after an afternoon rest, Nick was feeling back to his old self. Oh and he promised us that he would go on Haunted Mansion that evening….no excuses!

Up Next—Too much food….and rain again?

Same thing happened to us with each kiddo at one point or another last year. They each had a day they needed to go rest and just chill to feel better.

Oh poor Nick! I know that he hated to put a damper on the day but it sounds like he really didn't feel well. I wonder if it was the heat that had him feeling sick? I'm so happy to hear that you guys found the Goofy statue. :thumbsup2

Bummer about not feeling well but glad to hear he rebounded. I know sometimes after that kind of hot morning, mine eat too fast, don't drink enough and then don't feel so great. Nice that you were able to meander your way out like that though, some hidden gems!

I think it was probably the heat and lack of water that did it. We kept reminding both the boys to keep drinking to stay hydrated but in all the excitement that morning he obviously didn't get as much as he needed.

I am glad that we had a chance to spend some time on Main Street though.:thumbsup2 We rarely do that and it was nice just to soak up the atmosphere for a bit.

I've never seen that Goofy statue! I have to scope it out next time...he's my FAVORITE!

It's so funny to hear about other people's experiences with the tour groups. I was surprised with how many there were, but they really weren't that big a deal to us....sometime made the rides loud if you happened to get on with them, but we managed :)

I was so happy that we finally found that Goofy statue!!:thumbsup2

The tour groups didn't really bother us that much in terms of being loud or rude. I think we were just really shocked at how many there were. It was much more difficult to work your way through a group of 20 or more teenagers all trying to stay together than say a family of five.::yes::

Same thing happened to us with each kiddo at one point or another last year. They each had a day they needed to go rest and just chill to feel better.

I don't think we were prepared for how hot it was actually going to be. We quickly realized that the pool and our air conditioned room was just what we needed after a busy...and hot morning in the parks.:)

Oh poor Nick! I know that he hated to put a damper on the day but it sounds like he really didn't feel well. I wonder if it was the heat that had him feeling sick? I'm so happy to hear that you guys found the Goofy statue. :thumbsup2

I think it was probably the heat that make him feel sick. We kept reminding him to drink from his water bottle but it was just so hot that morning. I'm thinking lunch combined with the heat just didn't agree with him. I was actually surprised that he wanted to stop and browse Main St. but getting out of the heat for a minute seemed to help. I'm glad that after a rest and swim he was feeling better because we had a very busy night ahead!:thumbsup2

What a cute picture of Noah with Pinocchio :goodvibes

Poor Nick... it's just not fun ever to be feeling ill but especially on vacation. Good to find the Goofy statue - I think I've yet to take a picture of it :thumbsup2

What a cute picture of Noah with Pinocchio :goodvibes

Poor Nick... it's just not fun ever to be feeling ill but especially on vacation. Good to find the Goofy statue - I think I've yet to take a picture of it :thumbsup2

Thanks!:goodvibes Although, I wish we would have seen the "real" Pinocchio. The boys wanted his autograph. But, we missed him again this trip.:sad2: Oh well...just another reason to go back!:thumbsup2

I felt so bad for Nick. But, luckily after taking a nap and spending some time in the pool, he was pretty much back to his old self.:)

“Whirlpools swirling, cascade twirling…..Hawaiian roller coaster ride.” Lilo and Stitch

When I left off, we had just rode BTMRR, had a yummy lunch at CHH and spent some time on Main Street browsing in the Emporium, finding the Goofy statue and just soaking up the atmosphere. Unfortunately, it was also during this time that Nick began to feel sick. We suspected it might be the heat so after getting him something to drink, we decided to slowly make our way out of the park so that he could go back to the resort and rest for a bit.

After a rest and an afternoon swim in the pool, Nick was feeling back to his old self.:thumbsup2 So, at about 4:00pm we made our way to the bus stop to head to dinner that evening.
099-1.jpg

Where is everybody? Hmm…apparently at the parks since there was hardly anybody waiting in line at the bus stop?

The boys grabbed the camera to get a picture of DH and myself on the way-
101-1.jpg

Noah decided to pull his camera out on the way there to snap a picture advertising one of his favorite rides-
054-Copy-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

Another one of the monorail—Love this picture!! Great job Noah!
058-Copy-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

A short bus ride later we arrived at the Magic Kingdom-

Another picture courtesy of Noah
060-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

So, where were we heading for dinner that evening? Any guesses?

Okay.

I’ll give you a hint.
103-1.jpg

Yes! We were at the Poly and our plan was to eat at ‘Ohana that evening. This would be our first time eating there. Well…at least for dinner. When I was planning the trip, I thought it would be fun to let everyone pick one place that they would like to eat at. You already know that Noah picked T-Rex. Well, DH really had no preference so after giving him a few choices he immediately picked ‘Ohana. I have to admit I was pretty happy because I really wanted to eat there as well.

Anyway, we arrived early so we decided to check out the gift shop. Although, they had a lot of cute things we didn’t end up buying anything.

We also spent a little time taking some pictures—
104-1-1.jpg

109-1.jpg

After exploring for a bit, we decided we better go check in. We were given a pager and sat down and waited…and waited. Actually, it wasn’t too bad. We had arrived early so maybe that’s what made it seem longer.

When our pager went off we were led in and seated by the window away from all the activities of the restaurant. Although, we could hear it we couldn’t really see what was going on. At first I was sad because I had told Noah about the coconut races and we couldn’t see any of it.:sad2: But, Noah didn’t seem to mind and Nick really didn’t care. His only interest was when the food was going to arrive.

Now, I know you are probably waiting for some really great pictures of the food and I wish I could have delivered for you.:blush: I had every intention of getting pictures that night but with everything going on, I either forgot or was distracted which you will soon learn why.:rolleyes1

When we picked this restaurant there was a little bit of hesitation because DH has a shellfish allergy and both boys can be very picky eaters. In the end, I knew that Disney was great at handling allergies and as far as the boys; Nick has become more adventurous or at least willing to try things in the last year. Noah on the other was still very hesitant to try new things. But, I also knew that they had a children’s menu. So, we should have been all set.

Our server introduced himself and told us that the chef would have to come out to talk to DH about his shellfish allergy before they could begin to bring anything to our table. Not more than 5 minutes later, he arrived and explained to DH that everything is cooked separately so there was no danger.

Great news!! So,let the feast begin!

At this point we also asked our server if he could bring something for Noah. He agreed but seemed reluctant to do so. Okay…..

First up was the 'Ohana Welcome Bread. This was so yummy! But, I tried not to eat too much since we knew what was coming. This actually ended up being Nick’s favorite of the meal.

Next was the Salad with honey-lime dressing which we all enjoyed and had a couple helpings of.

Then it seemed like everything came at once. They brought Honey Coriander Chicken Wings and Pot stickers for the appetizers. Although, no one really liked the taste of the wings, we loved the pot stickers. Oh my goodness!! These were so yummy. I could have made a meal out of them. Definitely my favorite!

Then the noodles and broccoli were next. The noodles were too sweet for my taste. Nick who loves anything pasta didn’t even like them. I can’t say that they were bad. I guess they just weren’t what we expected.

Last but not least was all the meat!! We only had the steak, chicken and pork brought to the table due to DH allergies. They did offer me some shrimp but I decided not to have any. So, on to the meats! Well, I loved the steak. It was cooked perfectly! The chicken was yummy too…very juicy and delicious!! I especially loved trying all the dipping sauces. Although, I can’t remember what my favorite was.:confused3 The pork was my least favorite of the meats. I thought it was a little dry.

Once they started bringing things it seemed like it was never ending. However, as we were digging in to all the food that surrounded us, Noah was still waiting for his meal. So, we asked the server again about getting something for him which he replied. “Oh…is he sure?” Um…Yes, that is why we ordered it the first time. Although, Noah tried a few things I could tell that he wasn’t really happy. We again ordered him some chicken nuggets and fries. It was also at this point that I noticed that Nick began picking at his meal. I’m not sure if his stomach was acting up again but he was barely eating anything. He told me later that he really didn’t care for the flavors but he didn’t want to complain.

After Noah’s food arrived and we ate and ate until we were stuffed. (Or at least DH and I did) They brought out the dessert.
111-1.jpg

Noah seems happy with what they gave him. We were definitely happy with what they gave us! YUM! The best part of the meal!

Nick was even smiling.
110-1.jpg

So, what’s the verdict?

Hmm….this is a tough one. While I know DH enjoyed it very much, the boys thought it was just okay. I also liked it but felt bad that the boys weren’t really happy with the meal. It made it a little hard for me to completely enjoy myself. However, I did have a few favorites. The steak and pot stickers were very yummy. Oh…and the dessert! I can’t forget the dessert. I actually liked it so much that when we came home, I found the recipe. I plan to make it very soon. :thumbsup2 I guess kind of a redo since I was really so stuffed to fully enjoy it.

Overall, I’m really glad we gave it a try and we might try it again in the future. But for now there are so many other places we would like to try so it may be a few years before we go back.

After our dinner, the plan was to head outside to the beach to look around and get some great pictures of the scenery. However, one look outside and we quickly changed our mind. It looked like it was going to start raining any minute.

We hopped aboard the monorail and I decided to take a picture of the dark skies…..
113-1.jpg

114-1.jpg

Continued in next post—

“There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, Shining at the end of everyday….” Carousel of Progress

As the monorail pulled into the Magic Kingdom we began to hear thunder and see lightning off in the distance. Luckily, the skies hadn’t opened up yet but we knew they were going to any minute. I made my way over to bag check and then ran to catch up with DH and the boys.

Of course, the minute we stepped out from the train station it began to pour. We looked left. We looked right. Where to go? I caught a glance at the wait time to meet Mickey and Minnie at the Town Square. Hmm…only 20 minutes. I quickly told the guys my great idea and we made our way inside. We hoped that within the next 20 minutes the rain would let up…at least a little.

The wait didn’t actually didn’t feel like 20 minutes. I guess we were just so glad to be inside nice and dry!:thumbsup2

Soon, we were inside saying hello to Mickey and Minnie.:wave2:
117-1.jpg

118-1.jpg

After our meet and greet, we decided to check out the gift shop

Noah wanted to try on a few hats-
122-1.jpg

We knew we couldn’t stall any longer so it was time to make our way out. It was still raining lightly so we put on our ponchos and joined the sea of ponchos all around us. Since I had barely looked at our plans since we arrived except to maybe revise our days due to our change the first evening, we really had no specific plan on where to go next.:scratchin

After a few minutes of tossing it back and forth, we chose to head toward Tomorrowland. I had a few ideas in mind, one of them being the Carousel of Progress. But, I wasn’t sure how the boys would feel about it. Surprisingly, they were both game and excited to try something new. So, off we went to wait by the door, taking our ponchos off on the way. The rain was finally starting to let up to our delight.

I have to say after reading such mixed reviews; I’m not sure what we were expecting. The main purpose was to try something new but also to get out of the rain and get off our feet for a while. However, much to our surprise we all really liked it! It’s such classic Disney. I think Nick liked it more than any of us because he told me when we got home that he wouldn’t have minded seeing it a second time. Yay! The only downfall….we were singing “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow” for the rest of the evening.:rotfl:

After the CoP, we decided to try something else new for us. The Peoplemover!
123-1.jpg

We really liked this as well!! As a matter of fact I think it’s jumped up as one of my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom. It’s just so relaxing and the views are amazing!
127-004-1.jpg

After enjoying our ride on the People mover we decided to make our way back over to Storybook Circus/ Fantasyland train station so that we could head over to Frontierland. The wait times were much longer on Dumbo and Goofy this time so we decided to skip riding and hopped on the train.

The purpose was to try and see if there were any fastpasses left for BTMRR. We love riding it in the dark! Unfortunately, there wasn’t so we figured this would be the perfect time to head to the Haunted Mansion.

It was just starting to get dark. Aww… I love MK at night…so pretty!
128-1.jpg

My super blurry picture of the Haunted Mansion sign
129-1.jpg

I think it looks a little spooky which is why I decided to share.:rotfl:

We decided to make our way through the interactive queue-
130-1.jpg

131-1.jpg

132-1.jpg

Once inside, I could feel Nick’s anxiety. If you happened to read any of my other TR’s you may remember Nick’s comment about never having any desire to ride anything with the words haunted, scary or terror in the title. I was proud of him for riding which he was mostly doing because the rest of us wanted to.

He did well in the stretching room and then it was off to make our way through the crowd of people trying to get on the ride. Honestly, this is the only thing about the ride I don’t like. I wish there was a better way to get everyone on the ride.:crazy2: When we finally made our way to the front, I watched Nick looking all around as we got in our doom buggy. I could tell he wasn’t sure this was a good idea after all. But, I think as the ride went on he became more relaxed and realized it wasn’t as bad as he had built it up in his head to be. He even chuckled at the very end when one of the ghosts tried to hitchhike home with us.

After Nick’s accomplishment on the Haunted Mansion, we decided to make our way back to Fantasyland to ride It’s a small world.
My only picture...what can I say? I like giraffes.
133-1.jpg

When our boat ride was finished, we made our way back out into a dark and surprisingly almost empty Fantasyland. Which only meant one thing…..the parade had started and everyone was watching that. Well, since we had plans to wait to watch it on our next MK night. We decided this would be the perfect time to head over to BTMRR and check the wait time. Again, no pictures so I can’t remember it exactly. But, I think it was about 20 minutes but probably less because we actually didn’t wait at all before we were boarding the “wildest ride in the wilderness!” Again, so much fun!! I don’t know why but it always feels so much faster at night!! Love it!

At this point we knew if we had any chance of getting out before Wishes started than we would have to head out for the night. We had booked the Wishes Dessert Party for another night and wanted to wait and watch it then. However, as we were making our way out, The Magic, Memories and You show was just starting and we were able to get a glimpse of it.
134-005.jpg

Amazing!

I couldn’t wait to see it at the dessert party.

One last look at the train station before we headed out for the night.
135-1.jpg

Luckily, a Pop Century bus was waiting as we entered the bus stop and soon we were heading back to the resort. It was such a fun day. But, we couldn’t wait until tomorrow! We had some animals, a Yeti and few scary Dinosaurs to visit!!

Up Next—Another Flag? Run! Run as fast as you can!!

I know exactly how you feel about Ohana. John and I love it but Hunter just thinks it's okay. Like you, I feel a little bad about enjoying a meal so much when Hunter is sitting there not enjoying it very much. Having said that, Hunter ate almost two loaves of the delicious bread they serve so he didn't leave the restaurant hungry. I think it's a little rude of the server to ask if Noah was sure he wanted something else. It's not their decision to make and it could be embarassing to the person asking for an alternate meal.

The pictures of the storm cloud rolling in are awesome! I love how that beam of sunlight is shining down on the Grand Floridian. Very very cool!

It sounds like ya'll had a good evening at the Magic Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter