Go Home, December. You're Drunk. - A December 2015 TR - COMPLETED

The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!!

That's awesome! I'm glad that they don't just pick kids which is primarily who you see/hear about getting picked.

And of course, the wand that "chose me" was purchased and brought home. I mean... IT CHOSE ME!:

20151229_225539-1.jpg

Love the wand!

I reeeeeally wanted the dragon to breath fire while we were watching! He never did, though.

That's too bad, the videos I have seen of it are really cool! I can't wait to visit in 5 years or so.

Yay! An update! (I'm guessing this may be the last one I see for a few weeks...)

***Sadly there's pretty much no photos of our time at Universal,

Sad face!

I had warned Mark that I'd been told by my friend who is a Team Member at Universal to be careful with GPS directions because they usually try to take you to the employee parking garage, and that once we were in the area, just follow the signs instead. Well. He listened to the GPS directions. And guess where we ended up?

Well, at least you know the GPS was working properly ... even though it took you to the wrong place.

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in my hair to match my shirt.)

YAY!!!!
Although I'm giving the credit to your excited, enthusiastic face (I assume you had your excited, enthusiastic face on), not just the hair flower. Also, the shirt.

The wand my birthday gift from Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby, as was the stand! :cutie:

That is an awesome birthday present!!

However, this time we were with a family that talked loudly the whole time and had zero interest in hearing the stuff that goes on in the hallway or outside the window, plus they had teenager who kept playing the same 10 seconds of some song on their phone...

Dude, not cool.
I'm sorry they did that to you, that sucks.

I was getting restless just sitting in the room but it wasn't time to leave for dinner yet, so I decided to go resort exploring! Picture time!

Yay! Art of Animation pictures!!
The pictures all look wonderful. Especially the lobby pictures (I really love that lobby!)

We lucked out and got a great table by the windows, and got to see the Electrical Water Pageant go by!

Yay! Awesome table placement and timing!

Even with the shorter day at Universal, it sounds like you had some good moments (*cough*being chosen by a wand, which is the greatest thing ever*cough*), so I hope it was a good day overall!

You got chosen by a wand! How awesome.
I know! It was incredible! :cutie:

We are planning on doing 1 day of Universal, just me and my husband on our couples only trip for our 15th anniversary. Since we are really only interested in Harry Potter it looks like we should be fine with that.
Yeah, 1 day is plenty to explore the two Harry Potter sections. They're both AWESOME! pixiedust:

I love AoA! I really wish we had decided to stay there for our 4 days, 13 days from now, but cost wise especially with the stay play and dine deal CBR just made a lot more sense. I really like my minions would adore the suites. I would like the mermaid rooms for just me!
AoA has definitely become my favorite of the Value resorts! :-)

Good to know about the info on Universal. I know someone that uses Walker exclusively and love them. I just wish they would deliver and drop off at the resorts-mainly with us driving, we never really know what time we will make it there, and I want to go right when we get there. I will have to look into this when it gets closer.
I know, I was apprehensive about using them too for the same reason. But I liked the portability, and... of course... that they could guarantee me a PINK one! princess: But I managed to make it work!

I normally do not care for white trees, but I agree with you...I LOVE that one. Maybe it's just because it's in WDW!
EVERYTHING is better when it's in WDW! Everything! ::yes::

Yes we are staying at AoA in a NEMO suite!! Never thought I would get that one, but it was available on the very first day that bookings were available and jumped on it! I would love to be in the EPCOT area with you for that time frame, just for the sheer convenience of Food and Wine, but there are not many options that are available that will accommodate us (and my budget!) I probably won't start a PTR until after March (it's my busy season at the mortgage paying job). Plus there are still a lot of things regarding this trip that are still very much in the air. Big things, like budget and who will be joining me.
Yay, congrats on the Nemo suite! It really is the most conveniently located. I loved the theming of Cars and Lion King, but you can't beat the proximity of Nemo to the Big Blue Pool and the lobby, etc! :goodvibes

Glad I could give you for the day...but think of the income opportunity Disney is missing if that was a "menu" item... :) (I will have to tell you about the "surcharge" I keep trying to implement at the store, and no one will go along with me...) And I did not notice the flower in your selfie pics at Ohana because you know I was concentrating on the lei...
You are TOO FUNNY, Lynn!!! Cracking me up!!! :stitch2:

I do really appreciate some of the things in this TR, Billie, especially the endurance required for walking. I'm concerned about DH - he just cannot comprehend the distances yet. I did get him some Body Glide for Christmas - he didn't appreciate the gift, but I bet he will at the end of March!
It's true! And especially for larger folks, or folks with health or mobility issues, or even just people who are relatively sedentary in their regular lives... Consecutive days of theme park touring can come as a REAL shock! And I know I tried to warn mine, but even when you tell people that most WDW visitors walk 7-10 MILES daily... I think a lot people still don't truly grasp what that's going to do to their body. And I truly in my heart of hearts believe there is NO REASON for anybody to in pain and miserable on their Disney vacation, no matter what their situation or reasons are. I don't care if somebody has Lupus and Fibromyalgia (like me), or a bum knee/ankle/back/whatever, or plantar fasciitis, or are elderly, or are just overweight and don't have great endurance... GET A SCOOTER! They'll be more comfortable, and the people they're traveling with will have a much better time, too! WDW is no place to worry about pride or people judging you... You're never going to see those people again! But you're also never going to get that vacation back again or the money you spent on it, so ENJOY every single moment of it! I preach this to my clients who have mobility concerns all the time. (Shame my family wasn't getting it, haha.) :rolleyes2

How cool you got chosen for a wand, I've only ever heard of kids being chosen so it's great to know they choose adults too :goodvibes
I didn't know they chose adults, either! When I saw it back in Sept 2014, it was a kid. And it all happened so fast that I didn't have a chance to check out the rest of the group and see if there was even any kids in there with us. It was just my lucky day!

We're venturing to Universal for the first time next trip as my DD is a huge Potter fan :)
Aw, how awesome! The two Potter areas are absolutely spectacular!

That's awesome! I'm glad that they don't just pick kids which is primarily who you see/hear about getting picked.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Hence my SHOCK when he approached me! But when I was going through YouTube today trying to find a video reference to include in my update, I saw several where adults where chosen (including the one I selected). So who knows how they decide? :confused3

Love the wand!
Thanks! I'm rather fond of it myself! :cutie:

That's too bad, the videos I have seen of it are really cool! I can't wait to visit in 5 years or so.
It's VERY cool! When I was there in September 2014, he was being a fire-breathing fool! This is from that trip...

20140922_111032-1.jpg

Yay! An update! (I'm guessing this may be the last one I see for a few weeks...)
Probably, since you'll be at DISNEY WORLD by the time I post another update, omg omg omg! :hyper:

Well, at least you know the GPS was working properly ... even though it took you to the wrong place.
It sure was! :rotfl:

YAY!!!!
Although I'm giving the credit to your excited, enthusiastic face (I assume you had your excited, enthusiastic face on), not just the hair flower. Also, the shirt.
I probably have a pretty goofy look on my face, so you might be right! :D

That is an awesome birthday present!!
I thought so, too!! :P

Dude, not cool.
I'm sorry they did that to you, that sucks.
Some folks are just so rude. :sad2:

Yay! Art of Animation pictures!!
The pictures all look wonderful. Especially the lobby pictures (I really love that lobby!)
Yaaasss! I think the lobby is was sealed the deal for me when I visited in 2014, and made me decide that would be the next resort I stayed at! The check-in desk especially, the backlighting and the colors are just so gorgeous! :cutie:

Yay! Awesome table placement and timing!
Yes, it worked out wonderfully! :goodvibes

Even with the shorter day at Universal, it sounds like you had some good moments (*cough*being chosen by a wand, which is the greatest thing ever*cough*), so I hope it was a good day overall!
Yeah, definitely some good moments! I was looking forward to seeing more of Universal this year, but c'est la vie! :-)

Great update. Being chosen by a wand looks so cool. I hope we can go to Universal in a few more years when the kids are older. Too bad you didn't take any pictures. I'm sure watching the water pageant from your table was a nice treat for you and your aunt and uncle. Sounds like a perfect end of the day.

Great update as always. You are really making me want to go to Universal in March...my DS would love it I think...I may have to drive up from South Florida for a couple days...You always make me think of things I otherwise wouldn't - like I'm not a huge ride fan but you said you don't do rides at Universal but seems like you still had a great time...so it may be worth it...That wand thing is sooo cool also!

My gosh! How did I forget to comment on the wand ceremony!!! I guess I was too fascinated by you getting laid (lei-ed, whatever)...yeah not letting that go... That is AWESOME that you were chosen! This day was a truly magical one sprinkled with all kinds of pixie dust (well except the picture taking kind, you know, cause we did not get any pictures of US :rolleyes1)

I am pretty excited about the Nemo suite...I just hope everything works out. Like I said, so many things up in the air right now.

Great update. Being chosen by a wand looks so cool. I hope we can go to Universal in a few more years when the kids are older. Too bad you didn't take any pictures.
I know! I wish there had been pictures! Or even better, video! :headache:

I'm sure watching the water pageant from your table was a nice treat for you and your aunt and uncle. Sounds like a perfect end of the day.
It was a great dinner and very nice evening over all! :goodvibes

Great update as always. You are really making me want to go to Universal in March...my DS would love it I think...I may have to drive up from South Florida for a couple days...You always make me think of things I otherwise wouldn't - like I'm not a huge ride fan but you said you don't do rides at Universal but seems like you still had a great time...so it may be worth it...That wand thing is sooo cool also!
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, so just immersing myself in the atmosphere for a few hours is a great time to me! I love it! :thumbsup2

My gosh! How did I forget to comment on the wand ceremony!!! I guess I was too fascinated by you getting laid (lei-ed, whatever)...yeah not letting that go... That is AWESOME that you were chosen! This day was a truly magical one sprinkled with all kinds of pixie dust (well except the picture taking kind, you know, cause we did not get any pictures of US :rolleyes1)
Yes, I was CHOSEN! For more than just a LEI!!!! :rotfl:

I am pretty excited about the Nemo suite...I just hope everything works out. Like I said, so many things up in the air right now.
It WILL work out, Lynn! Power of positive thinking! ::yes::

So awesome you got chosen! Ever since seeing fantasmic last week DS has been asking where he can get a "magic stick" like Mickey had. Of course Ollivander's is the answer, but with a baby on the way we won't be back to Orlando until at least 2017. Guess he'll have to wait!

I had warned Mark that I'd been told by my friend who is a Team Member at Universal to be careful with GPS directions because they usually try to take you to the employee parking garage, and that once we were in the area, just follow the signs instead. Well. He listened to the GPS directions. And guess where we ended up? :rotfl:

I wish I had known that before my trip as my uber driver followed Google males and we ended up in the same spot!

Got to the Will Call electronic kiosks outside the parks, and typed in all the information my TM friend had emailed me, and out popped three complimentary 1-Day Park-to-Park tickets for us. SCORE!!!

I need to get some better friends! Yay for free tickets!!

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in my hair to match my shirt.) Sadly, there are no photos or video, because we had one camera between us all, MINE, and there just wasn't time for me to dig out it of my bag, pass it to Mark, and show him how to use it. Not that I even thought of doing so, I was so very much in shock. But it was SUPER COOL to get picked by the actor... I had so much fun with it!

Awesome. You are the perfect person to be chosen by a wand! I skipped this last trip because the lines were always massive - I'm hoping that staying onsite will let me beat the hordes of people next trip.

We disembarked in London and made our way out into the whole of Universal Studios. It was about 2pm, and we were discussing what to do next, I know my uncle had mentioned wanting to have a beer at Moe's, when Debby said she was ready to go. She wasn't feeling well and her feet were hurting. So we called it a day. We made the very long walk back through the park, then CityWalk, then the parking structure, to our car. Mark broke down my ECV and loaded it into the car, and we made the relatively quick and easy drive back to AoA for some rest.

Bummer that you had to leave so early but glad you got to do so much in the few hours you were there.

We got to the Polynesian, and the gate guard advised us that the guest parking lot was completely FULL. Say whaaaat! So went ended up having to do valet (oh poor us!) because I wasn't about to be walking from the TTC. Mark & Debby had never done valet before, plus us driving my grandparent's vehicle, they were a little nervous, but I assured them everything would be fine. (I love doing valet, but I'm spoiled and lazy!)

See we don't really do valet parking here in Australia (some of the bigger international hotels do but that's about it) so I can understand their apprehension about leaving your vehicle with someone else!

The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!! ...... it was SUPER COOL to get picked by the actor... I had so much fun with it!

And of course, the wand that "chose me" was purchased and brought home. I mean... IT CHOSE ME!:
That would have been awesome! Thanks for posting a video of the wand selection, too. It is cool what they do with it. :)

I'm glad to read your good review of 'Ohana. We have an ADR for it in June. We'll be at POR on a free dining bounce back and I was really looking forward to taking the family there. I've read some bad reviews lately. It is nice to hear it is still good.

I had the gluten free dessert at 'Ohana in 2013 and it was ice cream with the cookies, but no berries. I would love to have the one your aunt had. :)

***Sadly there's pretty much no photos of our time at Universal, which is unfortunate because I made a special shirt that I wore to the parks, but there's no pictures of me there wearing it! But here's photos of the shirt the night that my mom and I finished it:
Gonna have to plead Universal ignorance on this one so you've got some shirt explainin' to do ; )

Well. He listened to the GPS directions. And guess where we ended up? :rotfl: So once we got ourselves turned around (all the while calling the GPS lady a filthy liar and all kinds of other colorful names)
Shocker there. When in doubt never trust GPS is my motto. We had one literally try and drive us into a river one time ; )

Got to the Will Call electronic kiosks outside the parks, and typed in all the information my TM friend had emailed me, and out popped three complimentary 1-Day Park-to-Park tickets for us. SCORE!!!
SCORE is an understatement. So lucky to get free tickets.

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in my hair to match my shirt.) Sadly, there are no photos or video, because we had one camera between us all, MINE, and there just wasn't time for me to dig out it of my bag, pass it to Mark, and show him how to use it. Not that I even thought of doing so, I was so very much in shock. But it was SUPER COOL to get picked by the actor... I had so much fun with it!
I've never heard of this before (another shocker I'm sure) but it looks so cool. And how lucky to get pieced on your birthday!!!!!

The wand my birthday gift from Uncle Mark and Aunt Debby, as was the stand! :cutie:
And another score for Mark and Debby

First, some exterior shots of our section, The Little Mermaid buildings:
We stayed in the Lion King section of AoA before and I never made it down to the Little Mermaid section. All the decorations are perfection and look especially wonderful at night. #LackOfPhotosMadeUpFor

I love doing valet, but I'm spoiled and lazy!)
You and me both girl

There, I found this adorable silk hair flower that matched the pink stripes on my shirt...

20151229_225920-1.jpg
Love this. Wish I'd seen it when we were there, Casey would love it

Oh, and our server was lovely! We even got lei'd, see?
It's not a trip to Poly until someone gets lei'd ; )

You got picked!!! Wow! I would have been flipping out! What a fun memory and an awesome birth souvenir.

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend much time in Universal. But it sounds like a fun afternoon exploring AOA. We never made it down to the LM section when we stayed there so I love those pictures. And that lobby is just amazing!

Yum, dinner sounds amazing all around. Great seats and delicious food!!

So once we got ourselves turned around (all the while calling the GPS lady a filthy liar and all kinds of other colorful names), we found our way to the Preferred parking, unloaded my ECV, and away we went!

I thought I was the only one who yelled at the GPS lady. When I use it at home I almost always go a different way than she trys to send me. :laughing:

Nice!! :thumbsup2

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper:

Yay! :cheer2:

Sounds like an eventful day!

Such lovely, lovely photos! So many fun hardscapings at AoA. Yeah, dang it for missing Sam's! Can't wait to try that out with DISFriends!

I was just looking at the Universal portion of the DIS here and it grows on me. I'm not a huge Potter Fan, but the theming here just screams, "Well done!" and good theming draws me in.... Next trip, after October, I just may take the plunge. Disney's dollars just don't stretch like they used to.

Front:
11836924_10205777806257785_5685134461581757896_n.jpg

Back:
11796257_10205777806497791_2372513399259275196_n.jpg

How very Potterpropriate

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in my hair to match my shirt.)

That's so cool. Congrats.
Never underestimate FlowerPower

A very nice present indeed

so I decided to go resort exploring! Picture time!

Yay!!!! Can't wait till I get to explore

Especially a selfie with this one!

So pretty!

On the way out of the restaurant, I stopped and said "Whaddup?" to my old pal...

20151205_220108-1.jpg

Love this pic! You look fantastic!

Hopefully it's not too late for me to join in! I was grabbed by your title. :rotfl:

How awesome that y'all were able to get comp tickets to Universal! Otherwise it's soooooo expensive for a 1 day park to park, but I guess they know people are going to pay it, so they know they can charge through the nose for them! Extremely cool that you were chosen at Ollivander's. I'd love to get chosen someday, but I would really love for my son to be chosen! He's five and just getting into the Harry Potter thing. :thumbsup2 The shirt you made is so cute too!

Looking forward to more. I love Disney at Christmastime!

I've been a bad DISfriend! I've gotten so far behind!

After we walked through CityWalk and was approaching the entrance to Universal Studios Florida, I asked Debby if we should get a photo in front of the big Universal globe. She gave me a look like I was insane, so I dropped it. Shame, though, it's

OH no! Clearly Aunt Debby has not let go of her park touring shyness yet! Pictures must be taken!

Got to the Will Call electronic kiosks outside the parks, and typed in all the inform

Score!! Yea friend!

So long-story-short... The Wand Keeper picked MEEEEEEE!!! :hyper: (I give credit to the big bright pink flower I was wearing in

That is sooooo awesome! Oh my gosh, completely cool!

Well, ya, naturally you have to buy it, it CHOSE you! And it's an awesome one to boot!

Platform 9 and 3/4. We had the entire cabin on the Hogwarts Express to ourselves, which was nice! Then we headed for lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I had a turkey

Sweet! :thumbsup2

However, this time we were with a family that talked loudly the whole time and had zero interest in hearing the stuff that goes on in the hallway or outside the window, plus they ha

Not cool, at all. Attention must be paid.

I know my uncle had mentioned wanting to have a beer at Moe's, when Debby said she was ready to go. She wasn't feeling well and her feet were hurting. So we called it a day.

I can kinda see where this is going with Aunt Debby and why you mentioned before how solo touring is more your style. Disney is a marathon sport, for sure!

Hi Billie! :wave2: I couldn't get my iPad to copy this photo of you in front of the white Christmas tree but I wanted to tell you I think it's beautiful! Love the lighting, it's like you're glowing!

We lucked out and got a great table by the windows, and got to see the Electrical Water Pageant go by! And then of course, some of the noms...

Score table by the window! So glad your Aunt and Uncle liked Ohana.

Happy New Year Billie pixiedust: Very awesome getting picked for the wand ceremony! The line was always SO long when we were there in Aug. even though the park wasn't crowded, we didn't get a chance to go in :(
I thought the LM section was so adorable and just ......happy! Like how can you not be happy walking through there each day? My favorite section was the Cars section though, but the whole resort is such a well themed place you can't help like it even if values aren't your thang :goodvibes

Love your trip report! I have a question for you....Did you have to be there when Walker Mobility delivered to the hotel or would they drop it off a bell services for you to pick up when you checked in? It has been years since we have been and I thought they dropped off at the hotel last time, but maybe I used a different company?? We will be arriving late at night but want the ECV there for the next morning when we head to the parks. Is Walker the only company you have used?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter