Gluten free at DL?

KKB

DIS Veteran
I did a search but everything is coming up for WDW.
We are at DCA/DL for one day.
I researched restaurants and was stunned how few GF options seemed to exist.
Currently looking at Cocina MX Grill (street tacos) for lunch & Red Rose Tavern (salad) for dinner.
I'm not celiac but sensitive so I avoid things that are heavy gluten but I don't seem to be bothered by a bit of flour in a sauce.
Any other suggestions?
(prefer counter service since we are just there 1 day)

There are a lot more options than that. There is a big GF thread here on the DL forum but I'm not finding it right now- will post if I locate it.

Disneyland:
Alien Pizza Plant: GF cheese and pepperoni pizzas
Bengal BBQ: If some gluten in sauces is OK you can consider the various skewers here
Docking Bay 7: Endorian Roast Chicken Salad
French Market: again, if Ok with some gluten in sauces or marinades there are some options here
Galactic Grill: GF burgers and fries, also a chopped salad
Hungry Bear: GF burgers and fries, BBQ chicken salad
Jolly Holiday: GF grilled cheese (and can add tomato basil soup)- this is one of my daughter's FAVORITES, also GF muffin and cookie, GF turkey sandwich
Rancho del Zocalo: Street tacos
Red Rose Tavern: GF burger, GF cheese pizza, GF salad you mentioned
Refreshment Corner: GF hot dog, muffin, cookie (muffin and cookie same as Jolly Holiday)
Ronto Roasters: not officially GF but my DD likes the Ronto Wrap- she just doesn't eat the outer pita wrap part so may be an option for you since you're not super strict

That's mostly just looking at official allergy offerings with a few exceptions as noted. Since you aren't super strict there are likely other things you could modify either at ordering or afterwards as well.

I'm not sure how you were looking at things but I find it easiest (especially when we're talking all counter service) to just pretend to mobile order in the app to see the real time menu. Many locations will have an Allergy Friendly icon at the top once you're in the mobile order window which will take you directly to official allergy options. Locations without the Allergy Friendly icon you would need to review and decide for yourself depending on your comfort level. Select the items to see if you can modify them as well as that may also give you some more options (removing a topping that's obviously not GF, for example). You can't always do this via mobile order though (and in some cases can't do it in person either if the item is pre-prepped).

DCA:
Cocina Cucamonga: Street tacos (QuesaBirria, carne asada, pollo asado, al pastor, tacos dorados...lots of options)
Flo's V8 Cafe: GF Burger, GF Club sandwich
Lucky Fortune Cookery: GF Teriyaki Chicken, GF spicy szechuan chicken
Paradise Garden Grill: Street tacos (beef)
Pym's Test Kitchen: GF Pymini (DD LOVES this one too), GF caesar salad, GF PB3 sandwich
Smokejumpers: GF burgers, GF chicken sandwich, GF chicken salad

Breakfast is a bit more limited but there are GF options at Red Rose Tavern and Galactic Grill for sure. Pym's test kitchen doesn't have it listed on their menu but we were able to get GF options there as well.

ETA: Jack Jack Cookie Num Num's by Incredicoaster does have a GF raspberry cookie that DD likes too. It's pre packaged and not warm like the non-GF chocolate chip one that is their featured item but she still said it was decent.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
I was just looking at menus on Disney’s site but they sure didn’t seem to show all this!!

I did a search but everything is coming up for WDW.
We are at DCA/DL for one day.
I researched restaurants and was stunned how few GF options seemed to exist.
Currently looking at Cocina MX Grill (street tacos) for lunch & Red Rose Tavern (salad) for dinner.
I'm not celiac but sensitive so I avoid things that are heavy gluten but I don't seem to be bothered by a bit of flour in a sauce.
Any other suggestions?
(prefer counter service since we are just there 1 day)
Disney does have a lot of options for Gluten Free. I am the same boat as you, not celiac but super sensitive. You've received great direction from others but just want to make sure that you get a gluten free cookie (or two) at Jackl-Jack's next to IncrediCoaster. SO GOOD!!!!

If you decide to do TS, Carnation Cafe has been great with allergies and GF items. Servers have even brought back packages from the kitchen so our GF friends could read the ingredient list. Super helpful!

If you decide to do TS, Carnation Cafe has been great with allergies and GF items. Servers have even brought back packages from the kitchen so our GF friends could read the ingredient list. Super helpful!
Someone in another forum had an unfortunate incident with Carnation Cafe a couple of days ago. They were told that CC couldn't accommodate GF unless the person had ordered 24 hours in advance and to go eat elsewhere. Obviously we all know that isn't true - they have an allergy menu! - but that's what someone was told last week. Very strange, but something to be aware of.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gluten-free-dining-at-the-disneyland-resort-a-superthread.3003289/

Suggest you read from back to front so you get the most current info first. Also, it would be great if you added your thoughts and experiences to the thread.

I'm Celiac (and picky!) and have never been glutened at DL or WDW and have always eaten very well. I do agree that there are more options at WDW, but then again they have 4 parks and Disney Springs is probably 4 times as large as DTD.

Most eateries will be able to accommodate you in some form, some better than others. Table service places accommodate 'better' than QS and CS. For those just go up to the first CM you see and ask for the allergy menu. At table service if you don't see anything that really appeals, ask to speak to a chef about other options. I've had some delicious 'off menu' meals using ingredients they had in the kitchen. CS and QS don't have the same 'resources' as the TS kitchens do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter