Glitch in the new system - 190 Day ADRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, just made 2 reservations for Jan 15th (our first night there) at Planet Hollywood, but I'll probably cancel these b/c and make it on the 19th by calling b/c we actually have a total of 21 people. We don't have to be seated at the same table, but I would prefer in the same area. I'm getting so excited now!!! I can't wait for this trip!:cool1:

We are headed to wdw August 28th thru Sept 5th and I am trying to get a dinner ressie at Ohana either Aug 29th, or anytime Sept 1st thru the 4th. We are a party of 6 (this includes a 2 year old in a hi-chair).

Please give a shout out if you can help. Sooo frustrating since we are staying at the Poly and can't get a ressie. I booked all my ressies online....Would calling help or is it all the same?:confused3:confused3

I have still not been able to book ADRs for Boma at breakfast. I can do it for dinner, but not breakfast. It's very strange.

I thought I'd give an update here since I've had similar luck (read: none) for Boma on the 4th for breakfast no matter what way I try to make that ADR.

I have been having the same problem booking Boma for breakfast for the 9th of January since the 190 day window opened up a few days ago, I was able to get dinner on the 6th but no luck with that pesky breakfast. I am staying club level at AKV so I decided to just let IPO handle it now that the 180 day mark for my stay is officially here:woohoo:

I have been having the same problem booking Boma for breakfast for the 9th of January since the 190 day window opened up a few days ago, I was able to get dinner on the 6th but no luck with that pesky breakfast. I am staying club level at AKV so I decided to just let IPO handle it now that the 180 day mark for my stay is officially here:woohoo:

That's great - good luck! I hope you get it. Not to rain on your parade, but I finally (after a conversation where a manager at WDW-DINE literally refused to get on the line to speak with me) was told to write a letter or call Boma. I did both (and a scathing letter at that for that poor excuse for a manager who I simply wanted to get more info from, not yell at). :thumbsup2 The Boma people said they'd call me back, but even they couldn't get the ADR booked. I called again today and was told they haven't uploaded their prices yet. Apparently booking an ADR is contingent on them releasing prices/hours. But anyway, I hope you get your ADR! :)

I just booked my adr's for marathon weekend using the fake reservation #12345678. I had no problem getting into the system but I'm a little worried I will get to the restaurant and they will call me out on it. Do they know at the restaurant weather or not you have a resort reservation?

I am planning on making a resort reservation, just don't want to pay the deposit yet.

Thanks.

Okay everyone who is more apt at computers than I am - I have been reading this thread thoroughly but would like more clarification. I am arriving Jan 22 and leaving Jan 29. Made all my hotel/package ressies thru a travel agent. Please tell me how I make my 190 day ressie for the Biergarten on Jan 22 at 6pm. What day do I start? July 16th? What do I punch in for reservation #'s and check in date?

Thank you to whoever responds! :)
:thumbsup2

Ummm yeah the glitch is definitely in action... I just made 3 ADR's which I could not previously... but I could not get CRT. Which is fine because I dont want to risk such a big ADR for us on a scam... I actually feel guilty already. I'm going to call a few weeks after my 180 actually opens up and confirm the ressies. THANK YOU DIS!

I just booked my adr's for marathon weekend using the fake reservation #12345678. I had no problem getting into the system but I'm a little worried I will get to the restaurant and they will call me out on it. Do they know at the restaurant weather or not you have a resort reservation?

I am planning on making a resort reservation, just don't want to pay the deposit yet.

Thanks.
They won't know. Resort reservations are not stored with dining reservations. Otherwise, people who change (or cancel) their resort package would also lose their dining reservations (which they don't).

Okay everyone who is more apt at computers than I am - I have been reading this thread thoroughly but would like more clarification. I am arriving Jan 22 and leaving Jan 29. Made all my hotel/package ressies thru a travel agent. Please tell me how I make my 190 day ressie for the Biergarten on Jan 22 at 6pm. What day do I start? July 16th? What do I punch in for reservation #'s and check in date?

Thank you to whoever responds! :)
:thumbsup2
Since you have a confirmed resort reservation already, you will punch in the resort confirmation number (your travel agent should have this) and then that day's date (that is, which ever day you make the dining reservations).

If your TA will not (or cannot) give you the resort confirmation number, you may have to use the fake number supplied above (12345678, or whatever else you feel like typing in there).

As far as the date, I have no idea offhand :p, I'm really bad at calculating dates.

Ummm yeah the glitch is definitely in action... I just made 3 ADR's which I could not previously... but I could not get CRT. Which is fine because I dont want to risk such a big ADR for us on a scam... I actually feel guilty already. I'm going to call a few weeks after my 180 actually opens up and confirm the ressies. THANK YOU DIS!
Disney is aware of the issue, and way back when I first started testing this, I gave them all my findings (including the phony confirmation number exploit). The fact they've allowed it to continue means that they aren't concerned about it at this time. (Yes, it's a very easy fix to block the invalid confirmation numbers, it's a simple check on what you typed vs what they have in their database, and that code exists on the v1 site even).

The fact that the resort confirmation number is not stored with the dining reservations means that they will not directly be able to discern when you made the dining reservations either.

That's great - good luck! I hope you get it. Not to rain on your parade, but I finally (after a conversation where a manager at WDW-DINE literally refused to get on the line to speak with me) was told to write a letter or call Boma. I did both (and a scathing letter at that for that poor excuse for a manager who I simply wanted to get more info from, not yell at). :thumbsup2 The Boma people said they'd call me back, but even they couldn't get the ADR booked. I called again today and was told they haven't uploaded their prices yet. Apparently booking an ADR is contingent on them releasing prices/hours. But anyway, I hope you get your ADR! :)

I am not really worried about getting the ADR, if I can't book it yet then no one can so its not really a problem. I figure that IPO will eventually get it once they open for bookings so I am not going to worry about it and if we don't get it then DH and I will just get post marathon room service or something, no big deal.

Ok, this is what I am getting today.
Longest date available to book is 1/18/2011.
I enter my # which is for 1/21 and I still only get 1/18.

On 7/15 (thursday), when it is my 190th day, will I be able to see 1/21 and the following days or not??? Kind of confused here.

Thanks

Ok, this is what I am getting today.
Longest date available to book is 1/18/2011.
I enter my # which is for 1/21 and I still only get 1/18.

On 7/15 (thursday), when it is my 190th day, will I be able to see 1/21 and the following days or not??? Kind of confused here.

Thanks

Because of the glitch it's a straight 190 days right now. Meaning that on Thursday you'll be able to see 1/21 and only 1/21. Friday you'll need to get up for 1/22.

This is only if you want to take advantage of the 190 days. You can wait until you are 180 days out from 1/21, and then book all 10 days at once as well.

I also just started my reservation process, and am picking and choosing my mornings. Dinner at Coral Reef in January will still be there at 8am as well as 6 am, so I will wait until I naturally get up those days. For my LeCellier and Crystal Palace at 8:05, I'll be on the computer at 6am 190 days from the date I dine there.

Looks like I'll be doing the same. Thanks for your help Tricia.
Just hope its not too cold in January!!

I was just playing around with the online system and I was also able to get my post marathon Boma Breakfast reserved online!!!! Guess I need to contact IPO and tell them not to worry about it.

Made my 1st ADR this morning!!!:cheer2:
1/21/2011 House of Blues.
Will be up tomorrow at 5am to make another. Love this 190 day thing!

Carey

Just wondering if the glitch of not being able to open up your full 10 days when booking with a TA is still true? When the system rolled out last year, everyone who booked with a TA couldn't unlock their 10 days. Is this still the case? Thanks!

Just wondering if the glitch of not being able to open up your full 10 days when booking with a TA is still true? When the system rolled out last year, everyone who booked with a TA couldn't unlock their 10 days. Is this still the case? Thanks!

Not unlocking 10 days is part of the 190 day glitch for everyone. It has nothing to do with when you book.

Basically ADRs open up for 190 days from today. How you booked is irrelevant. For example, today everyone can book January 22nd.

If someone who checks in on January 13th (who is unaware of the glitch) goes online to book their ADRs today (7/17 is the 180 day mark for 1/13) it will look normal to them. They are 180 days from check in and they can book through January 22nd.

Those that are aware of the glitch know that they could have booked January 13th 10 days ago, but the negative trade off for this perk is that you are getting up every morning to book that single days ADRs.

Not unlocking 10 days is part of the 190 day glitch for everyone. It has nothing to do with when you book.

Basically ADRs open up for 190 days from today. How you booked is irrelevant. For example, today everyone can book January 22nd.

If someone who checks in on January 13th (who is unaware of the glitch) goes online to book their ADRs today (7/17 is the 180 day mark for 1/13) it will look normal to them. They are 180 days from check in and they can book through January 22nd.

Those that are aware of the glitch know that they could have booked January 13th 10 days ago, but the negative trade off for this perk is that you are getting up every morning to book that single days ADRs.

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering if the 180+10 (not the 190 glitch) could be accessed if you booked thru a TA. Last June DVC members and those who booked with a TA could not open up their extra 10 days because of an issue with the telephone number. Do you remember that? I was just wondering if that still was a problem.

It's no longer a problem at all. They got it fixed yet last year, and everyone, regardless of how you booked, can access their ADRs for their full stay 180 days before check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter