GKTW Event: Richmond, VA Meet - April 10-12, 2015 Final Donation Results In!

disneym2m

I am only allowed to visit WDW once every 5 years.
Tickets Remaining: 46 (as of 03/26) Please watch this count, not the one on Eventbrite. This count is correct.
Please note that the hotel event room limit is 100, so sign up early.

If you would like to help with the RVA Dis Meet, please consider donating a Disney item for auction or raffle. Donations are greatly appreciated.

If you are unable to attend please think about donating to our First Givings page:
https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/melissa-margeson/rvadismeet

-------------------------------------------------------

Richmond, Virginia (RVA) Dis Meet

Join us in Richmond, Virginia to meet and hang out with Disers while raising money for GKTW.

Basic Summary of the event, please link the link to the RVA Dis Meet webpage for details.

Friday, April 10, 2015 6:00 pm - Legends Brewery
Saturday, April 11, 2015 10:30 am to 3:00 pm - Main Event at Embassy Suites
Saturday 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm - Richmond Historical Canal Cruise (please email me at rvadismeet@outlook.com if you are interested in participating. If I have enough guests, then I can request an additional boat).
Saturday night 6:00 pm - Southern Railway Taphouse
Sunday, April 12, 2015 11:00 am - Mission BBQ (farewell lunch) - A sweet treat will be given to your for your trip home. The store is unique to Richmond.

Details and Sign Up/Registration Click Here: http://rvadismeet.net
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/RVA-Dis-Meet-for-GKTW/375612089287299

Dates:

Codes:

Eventbrite password for Sign Up/Registration - RVA4GKTW

If you have any questions, please email me at
RVADisMeet@outlook.com

Everyone is welcomed!

I have been notified that there may be a problem when registering. Please note that when registering for adults the only choice should be a lunch box choice. When registering for children, the only choices should be a lunch box choice, apple or chips, and a drink. If you chose a shirt, there should be a box choice for specific sizes.

If you have any problems, please let me know as soon as you can. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Apparently I either checked too many boxes or not the correct ones when creating the Eventbrite page. (I am new to this...:goodvibes). I do hope it has been straightened out.

Help Richmond Dis Meet contribute to the GKTW and help some wonderful and deserving families.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Please share the RVA Facebook page and RVA Dis Meet post on the Disboards. I really appreciate the sharing.

Thank you.

Hi Everyone:

Please watch the ticket count that is placed here on the boards, the RVA Dis Meet website and the RVA FB page. This number is correct.

I had to split up the tickets for adults and children. I had to estimate, so Eventbrite ticket count may be off. Depending on how many children are registered there may be extra adult tickets. I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just a post to keep the thread going.

Last edited:
Ok...this may sound silly, but can someone explain Dis Meets to me??? My BF and I are huge Disney fans and we love listening to Pete and the gang on the Dis podcasts. We keep hearing them talk about Dis Meets but don't really understand what they are. We live in Northern Virginia so Richmond would be an easy one for us to attend!

Ok...this may sound silly, but can someone explain Dis Meets to me??? My BF and I are huge Disney fans and we love listening to Pete and the gang on the Dis podcasts. We keep hearing them talk about Dis Meets but don't really understand what they are. We live in Northern Virginia so Richmond would be an easy one for us to attend!

It is not a silly question. Dis is short for Disney. Those listening to the Dis Unplugged call themselves Disers. A Meet is a get together to meet other Disers or Disney fans.

So Dis = Disney and Meet = get together.

When Pete challenged the Dis Unplugged listeners to raise money for Give Kids the World, a Meet was started in, I believe, Indiana. This Meet allowed those posting on the Dis Boards to meet one another. Other Disers in other states soon followed. Some Meets are weekend events and some are just a one day event. No matter the length of the Meet the main purpose is to meet other Disney fans, to have, hopefully, some fun and to help raise money for GKTW.

I hope this answers your question. Any other question, please just let me know. I hope you can join us.

Ok...this may sound silly, but can someone explain Dis Meets to me???

So Dis = Disney and Meet = get together.

As Melissa said, DIS meets are combination social and fundraising gatherings. Exactly what happens at one varies from place to place based on the venue and the resources and imagination of those planning the event, but basically there is usually some type of main event with food, perhaps some activity like trivia or human bingo or something like that, raffles and silent and/or live auction to help raise money, and most have also included a live podcast recording. Other activities could be things like bowling, a special viewing of a Disney movie, an ice cream party, a comedy show, the list is endless. The organizers of these events have been very creative.

I've been to the last 2 NJ meets and the 2013 DE meet (we missed 2014 due to a conflict) and they're a lot of fun. I wish we could do Richmond but probably can't which is a shame because we recently returned from a week-long vacation there and had a great time. Richmond is a fun town with lots of great sights and terrific restaurants (Sticky Rice was our favorite :)).

Good luck to the team putting this meet together.

Hi, all! Just saw this, and live in Bon Air (North Chesterfield) and work in Richmond. I know I would love to go, and my sisters would, too, I'm sure. We are always planning/dreaming of Disney.

Grew up in Florida, so many trips to Disney World.

I'll get my tickets asap.!

Melissa, are you expecting the podcast team to be there?

Hi Steve:

I am not sure yet. I have not heard from the podcast team. When I find out I will post it here on the boards, on the website, and on the FB page.

- Melissa

Hi, all! Just saw this, and live in Bon Air (North Chesterfield) and work in Richmond. I know I would love to go, and my sisters would, too, I'm sure. We are always planning/dreaming of Disney.

Grew up in Florida, so many trips to Disney World.

I'll get my tickets asap.!

:cool1::cool1:

I think we live in the same general area. I guess we will find out. If you have any questions, please let me know.

This sounds interesting. I live in Chester, so the location is very convenient for me. I'm just not sure if we'll be in town. I feel like I have something scheduled that weekend but can't remember what it is.

I don't see where I can get tickets. My computer is old. Any admission price for the ticket and/or main event on Saturday?

This sounds interesting. I live in Chester, so the location is very convenient for me. I'm just not sure if we'll be in town. I feel like I have something scheduled that weekend but can't remember what it is.

If your schedule is free, please join us. :cool1:

I don't see where I can get tickets. My computer is old. Any admission price for the ticket and/or main event on Saturday?

In the first post there is a link for sign up/registration or you can just type rvadismeet.net. At the top of the website their links for the schedule, registration/tickets, and t-shirt (if you so desire). There is a registration fee that covers lunch, hotel service fee and a small donation to GKTW.

The codes to sign in for Eventbrite is also in the first post.

If you have any other questions, please let me know either here or you can email me at rvadismeet@outlook.com

Hi Melissa,

I am hoping to make the meet. We moved to Mechanicsville almost 3 years ago and have never been to a Dis Meet before. I am trying to talk DH into joining me, but he is not quite as Disney obsessed as I am. If he balks I may just fly solo for the day. :)

Hi Melissa,

I am hoping to make the meet. We moved to Mechanicsville almost 3 years ago and have never been to a Dis Meet before. I am trying to talk DH into joining me, but he is not quite as Disney obsessed as I am. If he balks I may just fly solo for the day. :)

Please join us if you can. I promise you will not feel alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!