GKTW Event: Richmond, VA Meet - April 10-12, 2015 Final Donation Results In!

I just got my tickets! Very new to forums, but I've been watching the DIS Unplugged for a long time. First DIS meet. So excited! Will be driving up from Birmingham, AL. I've been to Richmond once before, very briefly. Excited to spend a weekend there. What hotel are most people staying at?

I just got my tickets! Very new to forums, but I've been watching the DIS Unplugged for a long time. First DIS meet. So excited! Will be driving up from Birmingham, AL. I've been to Richmond once before, very briefly. Excited to spend a weekend there. What hotel are most people staying at?

Wow. Oh sure put more pressure to make your first Meet experience a good one on us....lol. Just kidding, but we do hope that you have a great time.

The Embassy Suites, which is where Saturday's event will be held, has decent group rates. I have not kept up with who and how many Disers will be there, but it is something to think about. Roll out of bed, have breakfast, and already be there for the event. But of course, it is up to you. I have learned that if the event is held at a hotel, most Disers stay at that hotel.

Hi Melissa. I heard Pete promoting the meet on the show. He didn't say who from the team would be there. Do you know yet?

I think I may come down by myself just for the main event most likely. My wife has a conflict so she can't join me. I'm thinking of driving down Friday night, doing the main event on Saturday, then heading home.

Hi Melissa. I heard Pete promoting the meet on the show. He didn't say who from the team would be there. Do you know yet?

I think I may come down by myself just for the main event most likely. My wife has a conflict so she can't join me. I'm thinking of driving down Friday night, doing the main event on Saturday, then heading home.

Steve, I think I heard him say himself and Dustin for sure and that he wasn't sure who else yet. Sounded like Teresa might be. Hopefully Melissa knows more! :)

Hi Steve:

I think I heard Pete and Dustin were coming. I have not heard about any other podcast members. That is all I know...for now.

I hope you will be able to join us.

Hi everyone. Just something to think about. I promise I am not being pushy or anything.

If you have registered or about to, and if you are able to, please think about joining us for Friday night's, Saturday night's, and Sunday's lunch "events". The restaurants were so wonderful and worked with me on pricing and I really want to support their business. Also, we have a many out of state guests who have never attended a Meet and we should be a part of their weekend. :) If you have any questions or concerns, please just let me know.

Also, if you can, please stay at the Embassy Suites, if you are staying overnight, I would appreciate it. The event coordinator gave me an excellent deal on the event room based on business from the Disers staying at her hotel. Please think about staying here. I do, of course, understand if the pricing is not good for you that you can not stay there. I do not want to ruin anyone's bank account...lol.

I hope you all a wonderful weekend. BTW, the Richmond snow will be gone by April. :).

Thank you so much for your support and hope to see you there. Just 41 days.

It looks like my husband and I will be coming, but we're close enough we will probably be driving down and back rather than staying over night. We're excited - we haven't been to a DIS meet before, but we've been enjoying the podcast for the past few months and think it will be a lot of fun!

It looks like my husband and I will be coming, but we're close enough we will probably be driving down and back rather than staying over night. We're excited - we haven't been to a DIS meet before, but we've been enjoying the podcast for the past few months and think it will be a lot of fun!

I am glad that you are able to join us.

:mickeyjum :goofy: :donald:

Ok, New Jersey is in the house! I'm definitely coming! Unfortunately, my wife can't join me as she has a conflicting event here at home on Saturday so it'll just be me. I'm registered for the main event, the cruise, and dinner Saturday night. I could possibly be there in time to join you at dinner on Friday but I doubt it so I didn't sign up for that. If I get there in time, I'll pop in but no way I'll be there by 6pm. If I do show up, it'll probably be closer to 8pm.

I won't be staying at the Embassy Suites, though, because I'm using free stay points elsewhere.

Ok, New Jersey is in the house! I'm definitely coming! Unfortunately, my wife can't join me as she has a conflicting event here at home on Saturday so it'll just be me. I'm registered for the main event, the cruise, and dinner Saturday night. I could possibly be there in time to join you at dinner on Friday but I doubt it so I didn't sign up for that. If I get there in time, I'll pop in but no way I'll be there by 6pm. If I do show up, it'll probably be closer to 8pm.

I won't be staying at the Embassy Suites, though, because I'm using free stay points elsewhere.

Hi Steve:

I am so glad that you will be able to join us. :simba: :ccat:

Friday night is an open event, so please drop by. I just needed a count for the restaurant manager.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Melissa, could you use donations for raffle prizes? I'd be happy to contribute if I could bring the items when I come. I could send you photos and descriptions in advance so you'd know what I'd be bringing.

Melissa, could you use donations for raffle prizes? I'd be happy to contribute if I could bring the items when I come. I could send you photos and descriptions in advance so you'd know what I'd be bringing.

Steve, thank you so much for your offer. Yes, more raffle items are greatly appreciated. Please do send me a photo and description so I can remember to leave a space open. :)

Please send me the information to me at rvadismeet@outlook.com.

I do appreciate your help. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Just a quick update.
March 15 - T-shirt order is due
March 20 - Group rate ends at Embassy Suites
March 27 - Meet registration ends

We have a great group so far. Please join us if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter