GKTW Event: Nova Scotia Meet is a GO! Aug 8-10, 2014

Applemomma

DIS Veteran
Our third Nova Scotia Dis meet for Give Kids the World is happening August 8-10, 2014. We're still, of course, in the planning stages but wanted to let you know the dates so you can plan accordingly to come join us!

We'll be starting a facebook event page very soon and will be looking for some tentative numbers as we start contacting venues.

Mark your calendars to enjoy "Adventures by Nova Scotians"!

So proud of the work you guys have done! :thumbsup2 Haven't yet been able to make it to the NS meet. I'm am hoping this year will be the year!

Here’s our itinerary for our Meet; keep in mind we’ll be tweaking times. We'll also be adding more details about the different parts as we go along...

Friday:
Lunch at Chicken Burger
Possible optional “field trip” to Peggy’s Cove
Supper at Wharf Wraps (home of the crab wonton!!)
Possible “Ghost Walk”?

Saturday:
Lunch at a winery in Wolfville
Field trip to Blomidon Provincial Park (think highest tides in the world!) with munchies
Supper on your own
Sunset Pirate Cruise on Halifax Harbour

Sunday:
Main event at Springfield Lake Recreation Cantre, Middle Sackville
(silent auction, penny auction, food and much more!)
We hope to have an informal get-together afterwards, perhaps around a bonfire..

Monday:
Possible Field trip to Lunenburg and of course another stop at Chicken Burger :)

The Facebook page is up ...just search for "Nova Scotia Dis Meet Round 3"! If you have any trouble let me know. :cool1:

looking forward to it - let me know if you need an extra set of local hands to help with anything.

Here's a little teaser for our Saturday field trip plans!

We'll be heading out of the city for part of the day to show off some of the Annapolis Valley and the Bay of Fundy -

Lunch at Luckett's Vineyard
http://www.luckettvineyards.com/

They have a world class chef and because we're a large group we won't be ordering off the regular menu so don't let that page scare you.

After lunch we're going over to Blomidon Provincial Park to explore the ocean floor as the world's highest tides recede! We'll also have some afternoon munchies there, picnic style...

https://www.novascotiaparks.ca/parks/blomidon.asp

Supper will be on your own, and we can make lots of suggestions for you, but make sure you aren't late for our final event of the night! A sunset cruise on a tall ship! Pirate attire optional but strongly suggested!!!!

http://www.mtcw.ca/TourSailing.php

The cruise will definitely be one of those dates that we need to know numbers for well in advance, so once we get a little farther into our planning and officially open up registration we hope to have firm pricing on the meal at Luckett's and the Cruise so you'll be able to pay for that in advance and have that taken care of before you come. One less thing to worry about!

Dreaming of August and warmer temperatures!

Just wanted to say that this was a major fun event last year. The Halifax area is quite nice, with lots of interesting history and scenic beauty. But perhaps the best part was all the great people we met.

Val & I drove from Plymouth MA to Halifax NS last year and it took about 12 hours. Along the way we saw some very nice scenery. We spent 2 nights in Halifax at the Marriott Harborfront hotel which allowed us to tour the city easily when there weren't events going on.

If it weren't for our move to Florida this year, and some conflicting plans on our schedule, we would be back in a minute.

we think we can finally make it this year -- pending my very busy daughter's schedule. Might just be part of the wknd though

How kid friendly will the weekend activities be? I understand the winery probably is not. Are the other things ok to bring children on? The pirate cruise and things? Thanks so much!

Every event is kid friendly, including the winery, which is at lunch time and they have a kid's menu. Click this link which was earlier in this thread http://www.luckettvineyards.com/

The pirate-themed harbour tour may be a bit late for very little ones but we planned all events with the whole family in mind.

It would be awesome if you could make it. Let us know if you have any questions about anything.

Every event is kid friendly, including the winery, which is at lunch time and they have a kid's menu. Click this link which was earlier in this thread http://www.luckettvineyards.com/

The pirate-themed harbour tour may be a bit late for very little ones but we planned all events with the whole family in mind.

It would be awesome if you could make it. Let us know if you have any questions about anything.

Great! Thank you so much!

Registration is now open for the NS DIS Meet for GKTW!!!!
We have a weekend of fun planned and already some amazing prizes for our main event.
Our host hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott, just ask for the NS DIS meet rate.

http://www.courtyardhalifax.com/?gclid=CJLOzJj-qL4CFeJDMgodVm4AvQ

All of our events are family friendly and for those who want to channel their inner pirate, we encourage like attire for our harbour cruise on Saturday night. Last year this was non stop laughter.

We have our own Face Book page or

2014 NS DIS Meet Itinerary
Friday August 8
Lunch at Chickenburger
Trip/Tour Peggy’s Cove Area
Dinner at Stayner’s Wharf, Halifax -6:00pm
See Menu for Group Dining
-Adults $32.00 incl. tax & gratuity
Ghost Walk at the Citadel
-Adults $10.00 Children $7.00

Saturday August 9
Lunch at Luckett’s Vineyard, Grand Pre
-See Menu & Pricing
Tour of the Wolfville area
Dinner on your own
Pirate/Harbour Cruise

Sunday August 10
Main Event - Springfield Lake Rec. Centre
- Ages 10 & up - $10.00 each

Monday August 11
Tour of Lunenburg

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me.

This sounds like its going to be another great event!

Val & I probably can't make it up there this year though. Perhaps you'd accept a donation???

This sounds like its going to be another great event!

Val & I probably can't make it up there this year though. Perhaps you'd accept a donation???

Perhaps:rolleyes1

If you guys do change your mind, I have people who would love to chauffeur you about for a totally relaxing weekend.

Perhaps:rolleyes1

If you guys do change your mind, I have people who would love to chauffeur you about for a totally relaxing weekend.

We appreciated that last year! This year we've got Connor visiting and we need to be driving him back to Houston that weekend so the logistics are getting in the way of us getting to NS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!