Girls Only Trip ~ OLD Thread, see link in first post for new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

Callie--that is not being selfish. Dawn would not want us to put our lives on hold.

Of course prayers are going out for your Mom and Grandma--your Grandma sounds like quite a hoot! How old is she?

I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.

I think that would be a very special gift for Miss Sally and I know she would love it and appreciate it.

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois

Definitely, Callie. :flower3:

Would you believe that I have tickets to see Wicked next week in San Fran? I'm going on my annual Christmas shopping trip with my friends, and we saw it was playing there and bought tickets.

Now that song is going to mean something very special when I hear it sung.:goodvibes

That's great that it will have special meaning now. Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn and a big hug for you too!

On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited. :yay:

Have a great time! I have always wanted to go to DL at Christmas........ maybe next year??

Cheryl I had said this on the old post but that is a beautiful song and I agree I think it sums up your relationship with Dawn VERY well!

Mel enjoy your trip to SF and seeing Wicked! Mom and I used to go to SF every year on the first Thurs of Dec with one of the title companys. It was a little perk they did for the real estate companys in town but they had to stop doing it because of a new stupid law so they stopped it last year. Mom and I had gone EVERY year since 2001! I REALLY miss it. In fact we were going to go down and spend the night and ride the train back. I know you will have a great time and enjoy every minute!

Vicki and Courtney I hope you have a great time at DL as well!

Linda I agree with the others. I think Miss Sally would LOVE the blanket as a remembrance of Dawn! And ((hugs)) to you!

Oh and sorry Callie I meant to add that I have added your mom and grandma to my prayer list! May God see fit to do what is best and bring peace to all involved!!

Callie--that is not being selfish. Dawn would not want us to put our lives on hold.

Of course prayers are going out for your Mom and Grandma--your Grandma sounds like quite a hoot! How old is she?

This grandma is 88. She is extremely stubborn and controlling, but thinks she's doing the right thing by not burdening anyone. She has a very strong faith and just keeps telling (telling, not asking, cuz she's like that) Jesus to take her home. She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic. :sad2:

This grandma is 88. She is extremely stubborn and controlling, but thinks she's doing the right thing by not burdening anyone. She has a very strong faith and just keeps telling (telling, not asking, cuz she's like that) Jesus to take her home. She actually asked my aunt to send a priest to give her last rights and she's not even Catholic. :sad2:

Good thoughts coming your way and for your mom. :hug:Even though this is a difficult time for you and your mom, I had to smile just a little when I read the Catholic priest comment.

I know I'll be cranky when I am 88 - my poor daughter! :)

I'm sorry--I had to smile when I read that.

That is funny. I'm sending good thoughts your way, Callie. My grandpa had a stroke when I was 19, and my mom forced him to eat by saying "Don't you want to dance at Tina's wedding?" They just get sillier as they age. But I think your mom should go out for a visit. I think she'd regret it if she didn't.

Cheryl, those lyrics are a wonderful expression of your friendship. I know Dawn had the same feelings about you.

Is there any work on services? I'm asuming we're sending a flower arrangement of something, yes? I definitely wnat to chip in on that, so please keep me posted.

Is there any work on services? I'm asuming we're sending a flower arrangement of something, yes? I definitely wnat to chip in on that, so please keep me posted.

No word yet on services. I will be sure to post as soon as I know anything.

Cheryl, I just love what you put in your siggie. :goodvibes :rotfl:

Yep--I decided last week that this saying was going to be my new life philosophy. No more time wasted on worrying and fretting over minor things. It's not worth the energy. Even more important now.

So Deb, to answer your message about favorite memories--I'm sure there will be others, but this morning I'm thinking of Dawn and our experience at the concierge lounge--and how Dawn and I "tag-teamed" them that weekend--and even though the concierge people did not provide a "magical" experience we made it magical even so. And we laughed--boy--did we laugh--sometimes in disbelief but we laughed. And Linda and Bree joining us for late-night drinkies of amaretto and grand marnier. and dessert. It was nirvana.

and just a month ago today--Ms. Sally's birthday party and the Trick or Treat Party. Dawn in her White Rabbit outfit--that she'd hot-glued all by herself (we were afraid she would fall apart). Everyone in the parks commented on her costume--everyone loved it. I think they could see the goodness in her. Again, all of us in the concierge lounge enjoying each other's company--we even left the party early.

:hug:

I'm sorry--I had to smile when I read that.

So did I.

I work in a nursing home now, and older people just amaze me at how strong willed and funny they can be.

Cheryl, I just love what you put in your siggie. :goodvibes :rotfl:

Ditto!! I love it!!

It was my FB status the other day!

Just last month at WCT, Dawn shared her glass of Magicale with me. I will forever think of her whenever I drink it.

Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women. :goodvibes!

I know I completely agree with that! Everyday I think about when will be the next time I get to see some of our ladies!!

I had an idea for the arm bands. How about if we get a ribbon printed with one of Dawn's sayings for it?

I like many others loved her "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

I think it would make a great memory for us all. I do still like my idea about the photo buttons also though.

I like the button and the ribbon idea, we could do both...

Cheryl, I love that song, and it seems to fit perfectly for your friendship with Dawn. I think she would say the same about you. :hug:

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving week and hold your families close and show love & light to all those around you. :goodvibes

Thanks ladies!

When I read Cheryl's post with that song, I cried!! It really is the best way to describe your and Dawn's friendship!

Definitely praying for your mom and grandma. My dad is the same way; whenever I get an email or phone call from my brother, I'm scared that he's going to tell me something like that.

As someone who lost my mom almost 20 years ago, one of the saddest thoughts was that my kids (at that time, we only had Christine, who was 8 months old when she died) would never have a grandma. I had a pretty close relationship with both of my grandmas and to imagine that my kids wouldn't have that was so sad!! :grouphug:

I feel like I never really got to know Dawn ... we had a rough start with a stupid misunderstanding and after several PMs back and forth, got everything worked out. But to know that I won't get to know her any better is heart breaking, to say the least!

Callie, sending a prayer for your mom and grandmother. My grandpa is very stubborn about health issues and it worries us sometimes!

I hope everyone is doing okay today.

Callie, sending a prayer for your mom and grandmother. My grandpa is very stubborn about health issues and it worries us sometimes!

I hope everyone is doing okay today.

Crystabel - How are you doing?

Crystabel - How are you doing?

I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.

I feel like I never really got to know Dawn ... we had a rough start with a stupid misunderstanding and after several PMs back and forth, got everything worked out. But to know that I won't get to know her any better is heart breaking, to say the least!

. . . and I feel like that misunderstanding skewed my initial impressions of her, and perhaps her of me. I've been going over and over that in my mind. Really makes me sad. :sad1:

I'm okay. I feel bad because whenever someone I know passes away I don't get emotional. I've lost my great-grandma and my paternal grandfather and I didn't cry at all. I feel sad but I don't show it.
You should not feel bad. Everyone has their own way in which they grieve and for some it is crying/anger/pain and for others it is kept inside but nonetheless you are feeling the loss. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter