Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's actually ESQ yet, but she said she's being confident! (how do you become ESQ anyways??)

You become a lawyer.

Cheryl A. Dow, Esq.

(LOL--there used to be this weird etiquette that only MEN could be "Esq." Lady attorneys were Mary Smith, Attorney at Law. That's pretty much gone out the window now and we're all "Esq.'s")

Hi Trudi,

If you want to get into your PM's, scroll all the way to the top of this page. All the way over on the right is a box (mine is gold/brown color), and it will say something like Welcome, VintageDisneyRules. It has your last visited day and time, and then it has Private Messages underlined. Click on the underlined Private messages, and it should take you to your PM's.

The Dis tries to put a little pop up box up whenever you get a PM. The next time you get the message pop up's are blocked while on the dis, look for a yellow bar at the top of your screen. If you click on it, you can choose always allow pop ups from this website (the dis), and then your PM's will pop up for you!

I hope I didn't confuse you more!

Good morning everyone! I'm off to work.

Heather

Thanks, I did what you said and was able to see my PM's. I always appreciate any and all help. I've only been using computers for 2 years and still have a lot to learn. But I've become a master at ebay ! LOL

OKay I am going through some serious Disney withdrawals y'all. :sad2:

I was looking at the clock and thinking how this time last week we had taken that great Princess photo princess: and were just finishing up riding Small World. (sigh) I want to be back there now!!

Me too!!!

Now that I have an AP, I want to go and go and go.:laughing:

I wish I could buy an AP for Alaska or Southwest airlines......or that my DLR AP got me a great discount on airfare. That's my wish. Think it'll come true? :goodvibes

Parachutes.jpg

Prevalance of Autism

Actually us neurovariants have been around since the beginning of time. My mother is has Hypersensitivity Disorder/Condition which is out of the SID neurovariations and thus she has SID. I have the same thing but is not as bad as her as I had school training a bit and am self aware and fighting it.

She and my father are left handed people who were beat into right handedness while I am a leftie who adapted to being whatever was easiest. Mom was failed by the system as they never heard of SID and autism until recently was a doom label where the child had no hope. I went through the psychologist and stuff in school and they never figured my hearing problem was SID related.

We are out there and while I visit the Spectrum a lot I never got me citizenship so I am just SID/neurovariant. You wonder why I cry so much, am depressed and suicidal at times with my binge eating. Mom panicked because she was not going to get fed. This set off her neurovariations so that she screamed and screamed and screamed my name and demanded to be fed dinner. Total meltdown. Now she needs total control of her society and surrounding. She tells me to do things and fails to comprehend that there are more important things because her brain says to her that she needs to control things.

GET THE MAIL is more important than my bathroom needs, my thirst, or my lack of sleep. TAKE THE CUP is more important than waiting for me to put the A-1 bottle in my pocket, stacking dinner dishes THEN taking the cup.

More than once my dinner has ended up in the yard. CLEAN UP THE KITCHEN or let me eat my meal first? CLEAN UP THE KITCHEN is her response over and over so I say fine and she watches as I throw my food in the yard. Yeah, I have my neurovariations and cannot handle stress so I shut down also like the time I put the frying pan on the floor, turn off the other food then made her precious salad. For a long time there was peanut butter stains in the driveway from my dinner being there.

I am over at disAbilities trying to help people as we must get kids the help early. We are out there and have been out there but only recently are doctors labeling kids with spectrum, autism, and neurovariations.

She calling right now my name, I same coming, she calls, coming, never in her life does she say I WANT, I NEED. Just my name and she wants me to come RIGHT NOW and not finish writing this. about 1% of all people are autistic, spectrum, or like mom just a neurovariant.

hugs and chocolates
Laurie:grouphug:

Thanks. But whatdoyado? I am happy that he is happy. Maybe I am weird. But I am glad it happened now, rather than later after my kids have met him & hung out and stuff.

You're not weird, but not everyone can truly feel that. I feel that way about ONE ex. The others hurt me enough, and we were in actual relationships, that I still have no interest in seeing them even in passing. But that one guy I was very happy for (except I didn't appreciate getting that phone bill, I was in SC and he was in NC, the next month!) and it felt VERY good to feel that way, just happy for him with a bit of sadness for me but otherwise being OK.

And I think if I were dating now I could feel that way. Just wasn't the way I could feel most of the time back then.

I wish I could buy an AP for Alaska or Southwest airlines......or that my DLR AP got me a great discount on airfare. That's my wish. Think it'll come true? :goodvibes

That would be so cool! I hope for you that Spokane can get Virgin America! They don't have SW's easy policies or Alaska's fairly good policies, but they are a LOVELY airline.

Okay, I just have to say this. I think it is absolutely INSANE that so many of us in this small group of ladies have kids on the autism spectrum. What the heck is going on?!!! The last I read the statistics was 1 in 150 kids diagnosed......ummmm, really? What.....is our group an anomaly? Because it sure seems like it's a lot more than 1 in 150 kids. I'm just saying. Weird. Okay, I'm done with my little rant now. Happy happy happy happy.....:)

Capri! OMG I was thinking the exact same thing! It does seem weird, for sure!
I am sorry I didn't get to chat with you on the trip. :sad2: I really was torn between spending time with my good friend (who I hadn't seen in 12 years!), and getting to know all of you ladies. Next year I will not try to combine those two - different weekends! :thumbsup2
My Jack was so cute when I got home. At 5 1/2 he still has very little verbal skills. When my dh picked me up on Sunday night Jack looked at me and got a big grin on his face and started clapping!:banana: I was so thrilled! He was clearly making it known that he missed me! :woohoo:

I agree it is weird! Jane, Amy and I were talking about it on the way over to DL. I don't understand what's going on these days. Honestly, if I were having kids now, I'd be so nervous about it. It just seems to be so much more common now. Or maybe it's just being diagnosed more? :confused3 I don't know.

I personally think it is a combination of both - more common and being diagnosed more.
I was 6 months pregnant with my youngest when Jack was diagnosed at 27 months old with both autism and mental retardation. I already knew I was having a boy and was scared about an autism dx with him as well. That baby is now 3 and clearly not on the spectrum but he has developed slower and has been in early intervention services since he was 20 months old. Maybe I was overreacting putting him in services but I was taking no chances. And if I can get the state/district to offer them to him and pay for them, I will take them! :thumbsup2 It won't hurt him. I actually think some of his delays are just from watching his brother and imitating him. Who knows?:confused3
Ok - speaking of Jack, time for me to run and get him from school!
Talk with you ladies later!

Capri! OMG I was thinking the exact same thing! It does seem weird, for sure!
I am sorry I didn't get to chat with you on the trip. :sad2: I really was torn between spending time with my good friend (who I hadn't seen in 12 years!), and getting to know all of you ladies. Next year I will not try to combine those two - different weekends! :thumbsup2
My Jack was so cute when I got home. At 5 1/2 he still has very little verbal skills. When my dh picked me up on Sunday night Jack looked at me and got a big grin on his face and started clapping!:banana: I was so thrilled! He was clearly making it known that he missed me! :woohoo:

Awwww, that's so sweet! I'm sure Jack was very excited to see you!:thumbsup2

It is a bit weird I think. Lets see.....there's you, me, Heather, Steph, Michelle.....am I missing someone? Anyway, that's at least five kids in our group on the spectrum. According to the statistics, there should be less than 1 child on the spectrum in our group. But there's at least five children in our group, out of about 50-60 kids. If our group is a good indication of society at large.....something is not right. I think it's a bit startling, that's all. Kind of a heavy topic though. I don't mean to be a downer on our fun ladies thread. Back to happy stuff!:goodvibes

Jane you were right! I LOVED "Avenue Q!" It was so freakin' funny! It is a VERY adult Sesame Street. The songs were great, but there was one in particular that I liked, and Debra you should read these lyrics, they are so true!:

There's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend;
There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend;
And you never know 'til you reach the top if it was worth the uphill climb.

There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.

There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie;
And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
I guess if someone doesn't love you back it isn't such a crime,
But there's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of your time.

And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore.
I don't think that you even know what you're looking for.
For my own sanity, I've got to close the door
And walk away...
Oh...

There's a fine, fine line between together and not
And there's a fine, fine line between what you wanted and what you got.
You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime...

There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.

And I know some of you discovered I haven't had a hamburger since before I was a teenager, well last night I had one and I can honestly say I could live my whole life with never having one again. They taste exactly how I remembered. :crazy2: Bring on the chicken strips!

And I know some of you discovered I haven't had a hamburger since before I was a teenager, well last night I had one and I can honestly say I could live my whole life with never having one again. They taste exactly how I remembered. :crazy2: Bring on the chicken strips!
Can I have your burgers from now on, DIBS!!!!
I live by the cheeseburger and love onions on them. Sensory related thing of mine. Had peanut butter and onion sandwich for breakfast.

Good morning ladies.:flower3:

Deb - After nondate guy gets dumped by Mandy (hopefully by text message - ha ha), whatever you do, don't jump and run to him to pat him on the back and tell him it'll be okay. Let him suffer a bit.;)

I hope its by text message also...Suffer yes, I will let him!!

Stacie - I hope your rash gets better soon. Your doctor sounds like he's a funny guy.

Steph - Sorry to hear about DUI guy. I would be so disappointed in him. Also, hugs about your son.:hug:

Okay, I just have to say this. I think it is absolutely INSANE that so many of us in this small group of ladies have kids on the autism spectrum. What the heck is going on?!!! The last I read the statistics was 1 in 150 kids diagnosed......ummmm, really? What.....is our group an anomaly? Because it sure seems like it's a lot more than 1 in 150 kids. I'm just saying. Weird. Okay, I'm done with my little rant now. Happy happy happy happy.....:)

Yes, and she was beet red lying on the ground!

That's why they told us to wait until they could help us.

But, I could just see me doing that, now that I know EVERYTHING about riding a Segway (NOT!)

I don't think it's actually ESQ yet, but she said she's being confident! (how do you become ESQ anyways??)

Yes, she was pretty confident! She said it was in the bag! I love chics with confident!!
So I am now...Debra G******, RN
Ok so not for another 2 or 3 years.

OKay I am going through some serious Disney withdrawals y'all. :sad2:

I was looking at the clock and thinking how this time last week we had taken that great Princess photo princess: and were just finishing up riding Small World. (sigh) I want to be back there now!!

(BTW, I loved taking the PFF photo. I think the CMs there were awesome and it turned out great. It should definitely be a tradition now. Heck, we've already got the tiaras!! lol)
I am agree!! I loved the PFF!!

From Wikipedia: In the United States, however, "esquire" is most commonly assumed by lawyers in a professional capacity and has come to be associated by many Americans solely with the legal profession.

I know - me too! I'm listening to my CD right now (as I'm working and DISing... :rolleyes1). I missed the PFF photo because we were stuck at Peter Pan for 20 minutes when it broke down just as we were about to board :sad2: I will definitely do this next time (don't want to waste the tiara!!).

Now I am on a quest to find either Magicale or Rosa Regale wine in Canada! I have found Rosa Regale in Manitoba and Newfoundland (of all places!), but not in BC. I am on a mission though (can't go back to DL until October and I want some NOW ;))

I need to either go to DL or Costco!! I really want that WINE!!

You're not weird, but not everyone can truly feel that. I feel that way about ONE ex. The others hurt me enough, and we were in actual relationships, that I still have no interest in seeing them even in passing. But that one guy I was very happy for (except I didn't appreciate getting that phone bill, I was in SC and he was in NC, the next month!) and it felt VERY good to feel that way, just happy for him with a bit of sadness for me but otherwise being OK.

And I think if I were dating now I could feel that way. Just wasn't the way I could feel most of the time back then.

That would be so cool! I hope for you that Spokane can get Virgin America! They don't have SW's easy policies or Alaska's fairly good policies, but they are a LOVELY airline.

I don't have a lot of ex's, I wish them all the best. My kids dad, he could fall of the side of a cliff....:rolleyes1 but I do wish him well. We were together since I was 15. Broke up when I was 17 he went to rehab. That is how in the yr hiatus I became pregnant with Jordan. then when I was 7 months preggo with him we got back together until Kaeleb was 2 almost 3. so roughly 9-10 years. Then the other ex (we work together) we are still fairly close. I wish him the very best. We almost go married. I called it off just before we got married. Together we lost almost $9000, now looking back on it. I am like seriously...that much for one day? For a wedding? :confused3
then Jan 2008 I packed up what I wanted, which wasn't much. The kids' belongings, my bed, dishes & computer and left. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. We had broken up months before that. But we worked opposite shifts never saw each other. But I had started dating the HOT OLDER guy, so I decided that it was time for a change. Both of us would be better off. Well HOT OLDER guy & I are great friends. He makes me laugh & smile when the world is all wrong. On my bday he called singing..:laughing:
Then there is John. a nice summer fling, I guess. There is a quote from the Notebook that describes it well. So John & I are still close. He just has some issues to sort out from his divorce & he is only 27 and he isn't used to having someone who isn't a nagging b****. I care deeply for John. Since he is one of my BFF's little brothers, we make it work. At first it was awkward. But now its just like before. I can't wait for our football game. When his stinkin 49ers come to Seattle...loser has to repay the winner for the tickets.....I see money in my future...(I hope....Ok so I really hope the Seahawks get it together this year....
So ya my some of my friends think that it weird I have stayed friends my ex's. It makes life interesting sometimes. But unless something terrible has happened btw the two of us, I am cool.

Jane you were right! I LOVED "Avenue Q!" It was so freakin' funny! It is a VERY adult Sesame Street. The songs were great, but there was one in particular that I liked, and Debra you should read these lyrics, they are so true!:

Oh Wendy, I love that!! That put a smile on my face...So guess what my, myspace mood is going to say later....:rolleyes1 just for laughs...

You haven't had a hamburger since then? Why? I love chicken strips!!
But at home I usually throw seasoned turkey burgers on the Foreman.

When his stinkin 49ers come to Seattle...loser has to repay the winner for the tickets.....I see money in my future...(I hope....Ok so I really hope the Seahawks get it together this year....

:rotfl:

I was born in San Francisco. Hubby was born near Seattle. For some unknown reason, on MY birthday, I took HIM to see the Seahawks play the 49ers. Why? Why did I do this? (adding to the team loyalty mix...his dad was born in Oakland so there's a heavy Raiders influence on hubby as well) The Seahawks became chicken and "took a knee" in the last minute of the game, b/c they were too afraid that SF would dominate them and win in the last moments...chi-cken. (I think any team that does that doesn't deserve to play another game, harumph, and I'm not even a sports fan!!!!!!!)

Added to the insult of a non-sports-fan taking hubby to a football game, to it being cold, to it being a game when "my" team lost (b/c the other team was chicken), I was also newly pregnant, smells were making me ill (and stadiums, even open ones, sure do have a lot of smells), but we were also in the very very upper sections so along with my nausea I was also scared about plummeting to my death!

Oh, what memories.....

Hope your game goes better for you. :upsidedow

Awwww, that's so sweet! I'm sure Jack was very excited to see you!:thumbsup2

It is a bit weird I think. Lets see.....there's you, me, Heather, Steph, Michelle.....am I missing someone? Anyway, that's at least five kids in our group on the spectrum. According to the statistics, there should be less than 1 child on the spectrum in our group. But there's at least five children in our group, out of about 50-60 kids. If our group is a good indication of society at large.....something is not right. I think it's a bit startling, that's all. Kind of a heavy topic though. I don't mean to be a downer on our fun ladies thread. Back to happy stuff!:goodvibes

I have no clue about anything about autism. My good friend Amber her son has Autism. He is 10, he just amazes me. If she wouldn't have told me I would have thought he was just slow, KWIM?
But she found out when he was a baby. He wouldn't laugh, smile, just layed there. So she quit her job & stayed home with him. She has read books, done massive research & changed everything in their lives around. He has food texture issues. So by changing his diet (she swears by the diet Jenny McCarthy uses & the book :confused3 ), and he is usually ok for the most part. He can't handle crowds, so she would never be able to take him to DL, WDW or anywhere big & crowded. We went to Silverwood one day and the was an adventure. But so worth it. The fair & a carnival Memorial Day wknd here is a challenge for him. I remember the first day he smiled at her. It was right after his 7th birthday. She called me crying. It was such a milestone for him.
So I am assuming there are different levels of Autism?

:rotfl:

I was born in San Francisco. Hubby was born near Seattle. For some unknown reason, on MY birthday, I took HIM to see the Seahawks play the 49ers. Why? Why did I do this? (adding to the team loyalty mix...his dad was born in Oakland so there's a heavy Raiders influence on hubby as well) The Seahawks became chicken and "took a knee" in the last minute of the game, b/c they were too afraid that SF would dominate them and win in the last moments...chi-cken. (I think any team that does that doesn't deserve to play another game, harumph, and I'm not even a sports fan!!!!!!!)

Added to the insult of a non-sports-fan taking hubby to a football game, to it being cold, to it being a game when "my" team lost (b/c the other team was chicken), I was also newly pregnant, smells were making me ill (and stadiums, even open ones, sure do have a lot of smells), but we were also in the very very upper sections so along with my nausea I was also scared about plummeting to my death!

Oh, what memories.....

Hope your game goes better for you. :upsidedow

:lmao: :rotfl:
I don't remember that game....:rolleyes1
I have been a 'Hawks fan since birth. Even though I lived the first 13 years of my life in Utah. The 'Hawks was my first NFL game when I was 2. I am a loyal fan even when they suck...John was like crossover to myside...we win...lol...Ok and I am somewhat of a Steelers fan only because my friends little brother plays for them. He is road trippin there this wk. He also played for UW, I am a COUG & ZAGS fan.

Oh Gawd..you must have sat on the 300 level?? :sick: :sad1: it makes sick
sitting up that high. One of our supervisors his brother has 2 sets of season tickets, I am dreaming of the day I am a season ticket holder!! But anyway he sells them, so I get pretty good seats. I did sit in the Hawks Nest a few tiems...CRAZY!!! CRAZY!!

:lmao: :rotfl:
I don't remember that game....:rolleyes1

Yeah, suuuuure you don't. :rolleyes1 Hubby still tries to give me crud about that game, and for some reason it does bug me, even though I'm really not a sports fan.

re: diet and various diagnosable things... if a health care provider had ever, and only, seen Eamon after he ate anything corn syrup related, he'd be most likely diagnosed with something. Autism spectrum, possibly. I actually read a list of diagnosing characteristics of Oppositional Defiance Disorder and it fit him to a tee, when he was eating that stuff. I think he hit every one on the list.

Disneyland food has helped us hone in on what he can't eat, actually. Behavior after eating a Dole Whip caused me to look up the ingredients and now we know he can't even have corn syrup *solids*. Smuckers Uncrustables should have never crossed his lips, but I just figured "where's the harm in PB&J" until I read the package as he was halfway through a sandwich. I told him about the ingredients (corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup in it) and he chose to not finish it, then we found an empty space for him to run around in circles safely for 20 minutes or so. There was some other food product that was an "aha" moment at DLR but I can't remember.

I've learned since then that food dyes can have the same effect on some kids. Since more "whole" foods don't tend to have food dyes, I don't know if DS has a partial reaction to dyes, b/c no one is willing to experiment with it (especially him).

Plain old CORN can cause this reaction in some. Thankfully DS can have corn and even cornstarch (that one comes into play b/c it's in powdered sugar, which is what he has on pancakes if we don't have our pure maple syrup with us) without a problem.

I've also learned in the last few months that people have have HUGE reactions that look just like DS's corn syrup product reaction to gluten (it doesn't just make people belly-sick!) and even DAIRY.

Now when I have dairy it heightens my allergies overall, but I don't have a behavioral reaction, and I didn't realize it could cause emotional/behavioural stuff at all until I read of people who dumped dairy from their, or their kid's, diet and found that the behavior disappeared!

So anyway, that's our story. We were just getting ready to start asking questions about the ways that Eamon was behaving when I had my "aha" moment over a DumDum lollipop (20 minutes after having it he was physically attacking me in a very viscious manner). Since finding out about Uncrustables, it helped to explain some very unpleasant zoo trips when he was 2. I was looking through some old pictures and I found some pix I took of my face when he was around 2 and had run up to me, squeezed my face HARD and then scratched the blanketyblank out of it, and I wish I knew what he'd eaten beforehand!

Because we figured it out, and because he's fine without that in his diet, we never bothered with a diagnosis, so I can't say for sure, but especially looking at the ODD list and various other diagnosing symptom lists I'm fairly sure that he would have been diagnosed with something, if I hadn't found that he had a dietary link.

And I think that Heather had noticed some dietary link with her boy, though I forget what it was.

So with some people, I definitely think that diet is either THE problem (like my guy) or A problem, and it certainly doesn't hurt to look at diet, either to solve the problem or help make it better, or at least find out IF it's a problem at all.

So that's our experience.

Oh, and adding to it..the things that DS cannot have are things that make hubby pass out, and they also shoot hubby's blood sugar through the roof. He hasn't had the antibody testing yet to find out what "type" of diabetes he has (waiting for our insurance year to start again in April), but his mom has an atypical type 1 (she controls blood sugar withOUT insulin, even though she's type 1, which is unusual), so I wouldn't be surprised if hubby has an unusual type as well. And all of that blood sugar stuff in Robert's family makes us VERY careful with DS, b/c he has those reactions to the same foods that cause hubby to have (opposite) reactions.

I could talk about this for ages. It's fascinating to me. :upsidedow

I am pretty sure that I am #25 and that Molly is 29.
We're almost there. Please help!

1. Mary Jo / Mary Jo
2. grizzbuzz / Jen
3. cheshiregirl / Jane
4. QueenDoOver / Tracey
5. disney-super-mom / Capri
6. Brianne (holding little Bethlet)
7. KerTggr / Kerri
8. Daisy_77 / January
9. Stacerita / Stacie (holding Tinkerbites)
10. Zoemakes5 / Michelle
11. MotoXPrincess99 / Sarah
12. Sally (Dawn's Mom)
13. Queenbillabong / Theresa
14. Fairykin / Dawn
15. 21yankees / Steph
16. Littleblackraincloud / Heather
17. Kelmac284 / Kelly
18. BillyFan / Tina
19. Donna (Tina's Mom)
20. Rosemarie (Kelly's Mom)
21. BigSkyNurse / Amy
22. lilicat / Heather
23. Grumpyvet / Amy
24. Dangermouse / Callie
25. lulubelle / Linda
26. disney-inspired / Cristabel
27. Wendylady36 / Wendy
28. Bumbershoot / Molly
29. sahbushka / Sarah
30. VintageDisneyRules / Trudi (Sarah's Mom)
31. toocherie / Cheryl
32. mommaU4 / Beth
33. stacielee / Stacie
34. tinkermell / Melody

Beth . . . . we're almost at 240 pages !!!!! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!