Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they are dumb. Well, not all of them. Just most of them. Sorry.

Yep some of then are!! Thanks!!

jitcrunch2.jpg

Way to go! And Yup, they are!! Right now, my almost 18-year-old DS is one of the dumb ones!!

You didn't see the other lady fall? You weren't sleeping, were you??

:lmao: :rotfl2:

PITCH HIM!

Here, send this to him with your Blackberry.......
loser.gif

Besides, he's just gonna get hurt. I mean.....duh! Mandy just broke up with Todd. Your nondate guy is now Mandy's rebound guy.

:rotfl2:
That is so cute!!
Yep he is the rebound guy....
Oh and she broke up with Todd via a text message.

His friend delivers fittings to my work & today he was like Chris is such a tool. Mandy is only 22 and dumb. I know..I know...

Okay this is me venting....I hate stupid people. I have been working with one of my NCOs (non-commissioned officers) a lot because of family issues. Let's just say his soon to be ex-wife is a huge [edited] and causing a lot of problems in the workplace as well as his home life. So today I make the mistake of logging in (just a few minutes ago actually) to my work e-mail...I just found out that this individual received a DUI Wednesday morning (230 am).... :eek: I have written character statements for this individual, gone to bat (so to speak) several times with superiors, etc....and this is what he goes and does. I just want to scream. Not only am I disappointed in this individual, I feel that my reputation has been tarnished....and yet I feel selfish about feeling that way...Sigh I can't win....I am very thankful that no one was injured/killed during this problem.

Vent over....

I'm going to go back over the past 10+ pages that have happened since the last time I was here.

steph

sharesies . . . . .

Oh, OK...only for you. But you might have to smuggle me on a cruise with you as thanks.

So I got back from the doctor and its an allergic reaction/contact dermatitis.

First, I'm glad you know it's not the other icky stuff. Second, I hope you get better soon.

And third, it's GOT to be the duck poop water! :rolleyes1

Thanks Molly and Callie for the input on the homeschooling. I'm really liking the before Five in a Row. the only thing about it, is that some of the books are out of print and prices on the web are crazy! I mean $97 for a children's book scary! :scared1:

Well now I'm going to have to go look at Before 5 in a Row...

Ok...just looked at the BFIAR package...several of the same books from sonlight it seems. Hmm. Sonlight is more expensive. Hmm. E is so math focused already, it's crazy. I need something to help out with that.

I didn't even know you were thinking of homeschooling them, by the way!

Well his status says something like, I miss the Rulebreaker (aka me)...& I am texting MJ..(her)....

...his status now says, I wish I was cuddling with Mandy Jo....

So I dunno...boys are just dumb!!

Yuuuuck! Who DOES that?

And yes, in his case, boys ARE dumb!

Here, send this to him with your Blackberry.......
loser.gif

Besides, he's just gonna get hurt. I mean.....duh! Mandy just broke up with Todd. Your nondate guy is now Mandy's rebound guy.

Love the emoticon, and I agree with the rebound comment.

Well I don't know about you guys but I am still absolutely EXHAUSTED LOL.

We got home REALLY late on Sunday night. Our plane didn't even get in till almost 11 and then I was still kind of hyped up so I tried to catch up on posts and then posted a TR etc. I FINALLY got to bed and I was "supposed" to work monday but I had SO much to do. I had TONS of laundry that was left from while I was gone (of course dh didn't touch it) and then a bunch of other stuff that needed to be taken care of.

Then Tuesday I had a doc apt and then I got a call that my OTHER doc had a cancellation and wanted me to come in wed morning. UGH. Plus they are messing with my meds and my other doc asked me on Thursday if I had started on the sleeping pill he had prescribed me right before we had left which I had NOT started taking cuz I didn't want to be groggy on the trip. And then when I got back I had actually forgotten I had LOL. So I was GOING to take it yesterday but I was supossed to do my weekly blood test today but then they called and told me to up my dose of my meds so the GOOD news was I didn't need to go in but the bad was I tried the Ambien but it really affected me weird. I was REALLY groggy this morning. I woke up and could hardly walk LOL.

I have been tired ALL flippin day. I am sure it is partly cuz I am STIL tired from the trip but still.

So anyway I went to my OTHER docs yesterday and then I had to go to work and I finally called my neuro for my referral but haven't heard back yet from them so we shall see about that. But I am just spinning from all thest stupid appts. I will be glad when the psych is done with his intake and gets these meds on a normal dose so I am done and can go down to just the one doc and 1 apt a week or every other week cuz it is getting exhausting AND expensive!!

Plus when we got home we found out that when Shane left Lynn home alone on Thurs and Friday while he was at work she stole money from us, used our phone and on and on. So we went and checked her room at my parents place and she snuck out one night and was drinking again and was stealing my mom's cell and texting and her paychecks aren't matching up so I think she is saying she is working and is not and going out and partying and doing drugs. I am SOOOO disgusted. You know it is funny because everyone said it was just the two of us but know she has been living with them for a few weeks and I haven't even been around her and she is STILL pulling this crap. My parents don't want to admit that they have been had but I told them (I told ya so!). So frustrating. They have managed to be home every weekend since she has been living there but this weekend she is giong to have to stay with us so I am not thrilled about the tension that is going to bring but we shall see.

Ah well I will have LOTS to talk about with my therapist next week! ;)

Anyway I am off today just doing MORE laundry and cleaning up and TRYING to catch up on sleep and then tomorrow is work AGAIN and then Saturday we have our girl scout site sale.

Mom and Dad will be going to truckee so they will have to drop off lynn and I guess she will have to sit with us till she has to go to work and then Shane will take her so we will only have to deal with her at night after work and then sunday morning at church before she goes to work and then when she gets off hopefully my parents will be back from truckee.

I am just not ready for the confrontations right now.

Anyway that's my gig for now. I am jealous of all you guys trips.

I have to let my ap expire in June so IF I did the mini meet in Oct it would have to be on just a pass. Mom is trying to get the girls and I on a cheap cruise in August after swim team so no more Disney for awhile. Then I am thinking IF I buy another pass I would wait till the next BIG girls trip so that I could go on THAT one and then we would hopefully be able do a family trip in fall of 10 and then if I am lucky it would be good till the next ladies trip in 11. That way I would get 3 trips out of it! That is my hope. So we shall see.

Anyway that's all for me. I have a date with a laundry basket. ;)

:hug: Wish I had some words of wisdom to offer you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

For those of you putting off coming to the WISH threads to start your training programs, watch this:

NO EXCUSES
http://c25k.com/noexcuses.htm

-Your Friendly Exercise Nazi :woohoo:

Alright I'm adding the WISH board to my daily links. I still need to lose 20 pounds.

Oh, and Stacie, I snagged a few of your pics to add to the slide show, so it's been updated. I especially liked the one of Steph. Between that pic and her tramp stamp she is more then ready for a Vegas trip. :rolleyes1

Josh loved the pic of me with the pole...Now here's something funny, Rhys noticed that I had something on my lower back today when bent over in the kitchen....well now he's constantly picking up my shirt to look at my 'tattoo'. He keeps telling me that my back is dirty and that I need to wash it....:laughing:

steph

Okay this is me venting....I hate stupid people. I have been working with one of my NCOs (non-commissioned officers) a lot because of family issues. Let's just say his soon to be ex-wife is a huge [edited] and causing a lot of problems in the workplace as well as his home life. So today I make the mistake of logging in (just a few minutes ago actually) to my work e-mail...I just found out that this individual received a DUI Wednesday morning (230 am).... :eek: I have written character statements for this individual, gone to bat (so to speak) several times with superiors, etc....and this is what he goes and does. I just want to scream. Not only am I disappointed in this individual, I feel that my reputation has been tarnished....and yet I feel selfish about feeling that way...Sigh I can't win....I am very thankful that no one was injured/killed during this problem.

Vent over....

I'm going to go back over the past 10+ pages that have happened since the last time I was here.

steph
Well crud I would be upset also.

Oh, OK...only for you. But you might have to smuggle me on a cruise with you as thanks.

First, I'm glad you know it's not the other icky stuff. Second, I hope you get better soon.

And third, it's GOT to be the duck poop water! :rolleyes1

Well now I'm going to have to go look at Before 5 in a Row...

Ok...just looked at the BFIAR package...several of the same books from sonlight it seems. Hmm. Sonlight is more expensive. Hmm. E is so math focused already, it's crazy. I need something to help out with that.

I didn't even know you were thinking of homeschooling them, by the way!

Yuuuuck! Who DOES that?

And yes, in his case, boys ARE dumb!

Love the emoticon, and I agree with the rebound comment.
I know who does that??

:hug: Wish I had some words of wisdom to offer you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Alright I'm adding the WISH board to my daily links. I still need to lose 20 pounds.

Josh loved the pic of me with the pole...Now here's something funny, Rhys noticed that I had something on my lower back today when bent over in the kitchen....well now he's constantly picking up my shirt to look at my 'tattoo'. He keeps telling me that my back is dirty and that I need to wash it....:laughing:

steph
That is funny!!
When I got my tattoo on my back (middle back, not a trap stamp), he would lift my shirt & look at it & then rub it. He liked the way the scab felt..icky!!
Weird kid. But he was only like 3 or 4.

Steph, how old is Rhys?

I got my (real) tattoo when I was 21, and my youngest half brother was really weirded out by it. They would have been 6 and 8 at the time, and the 6 year old kept telling me that someone had drawn on my ankle...

Now DS has grown up with tattooed parents...hubby has 3 and I just have the 1... so it doesn't weird him out or confuse him at all. And come to think of it, why did it weird out my brother so much? He was born while my dad was a student at UC Santa Cruz living in Family Student Housing, and when I got my tattoo they were "dorm parents" living IN one of the dorms...you'd think he would have seen tattooes before! (and in '02 my dad started getting inked...crazy father)

No! Was it one of the NY ladies? I totally didn't see it. Where did she fall? Dang, maybe I WAS asleep.

Yep one of the NY ladies, the mom. She tried to get on without the CM & well her tush hit the ground & the Segway too.

So today I make the mistake of logging in (just a few minutes ago actually) to my work e-mail...I just found out that this individual received a DUI Wednesday morning (230 am).... :eek: I have written character statements for this individual, gone to bat (so to speak) several times with superiors, etc....and this is what he goes and does. I just want to scream. Not only am I disappointed in this individual, I feel that my reputation has been tarnished....and yet I feel selfish about feeling that way...Sigh I can't win....I am very thankful that no one was injured/killed during this problem.

Oh gosh, that's awful. I mean yes, DUI, most important problem.

But the reputation stuff for you is very important as well! Hubby has the same worry at his job, if someone you suggest messes up it can come back to you. Thankfully they have 3 levels of recommending...one is just a "I know this person and he wants a job", the next is where you stand behind them more, and the third is "I stake my reputation on this excellent person"...still, you want the people you back to behave properly!

Yes, it was the mom. She was so sure of herself. We were supposed to pull the Segways and get a feel for them. No standing or riding yet, very early on in the morn. She jumped on and the Segway lunged forward and she fell flat on her back on the ground with the Segway on top of her. She was so embarrassed you could tell, but us Dis Ladies knew...man, I better snap out of this tired funk and pay attention! And DO NOT think you are so cool that you can jump on and do what you want when you want. We were (of course) all very gracious and pretended like nothing happened but (of course) dished about it later at the Cove Bar!:scared1:

So I got back from the doctor and its an allergic reaction/contact dermatitis. But he was kinda grossed out by it. I showed him my back, and he was all "Eww".

Stacie - that seems so unprofessional! Or did it come off as sympathetic?

Glad you ruled out the really bad things and hope that cream helps you.

Steph - I know how you feel. It's the worst when it reflects on you (and then you feel guilty for feeling that way). You did all you could.

Was it Jordan's momma who had the very cool book button about boys? Where did you get that? I need one.

Heather - when you read this in the AM, I'm sooo glad you made it through the day. And very impressed! Rest up when you can.

Theresa - I know that Tracey said it was her idea that everyone wear red on the VIP tour, but I don't know if she was the one who had the suggested colors per day. That really helped -- I found the Divas because they were wearing last year's shirt.

Hey everyone. I was going to multi-quote, but there are so many posts I want to respond to, it would probably take two pages in itself.

:hug: to all of you who have gone through so much. Deb, Cheryl, Kelly... I'm thinking of you. Stacie, I was thinking of you, today, and am glad you'll have relief soon. Heather, don't know how you were able to get through the day. Hope you get more energy & just feel better soon. Steph :hug:

Wendy, I would love a copy of the game - you guys did such a good job, and we had sooo much fun!!

My daughter, Kelly, & I had dinner with Dawn & her mom, Sally, tonight at the Storyteller Cafe. It was so nice to sit & talk. I didn't have much time to chat with them during our fun weekend.

The fallen -- her name is Nannette. I'm trying to remember her daughter's name - just remember it has ESQ at the end of it. Does anyone remember?

Color coordinated shirts - I loved the idea - next time I'll be better about it (promise).

I have the mardi gras beads hanging from my car mirror. I smile everytime I see them.

I don't know who brought my tote bag (the one I got) at the pizza party. It's the one with the alligator on it. It's so cute. I just want to say thank you to whoever got it. :flower:

Beth - your Vegas pics - beautiful. I'm hoping to see one of our talented ladies photoshop soap bubbles around you in the tub ;)

There's a lot more I wanted to say, but it is really late, and I have to go in super early tomorrow.

Night all. :)

Mary Jo, did I even thank you for meeting me at the airport? THANK YOU!!!!!! It was such a nice way to start my trip, to see a friendly face that I already knew. Add to that the fact that you're a really good driver who didn't scare me at all (even though you thought I was worried I really wasn't), and it was just perfect.

I don't know who brought my tote bag (the one I got) at the pizza party. It's the one with the alligator on it. It's so cute. I just want to say thank you to whoever got it. :flower:

Aw, that was mine! My bff and I sweated over it in the store. The first thing she wanted to know after the trip was "How did they like the tote?" :lmao: It is non-Disney because I thought "any theme" meant that, but once at the tote game, it looked like almost all were Disney-themed. Anyway, I almost bought a different one but it was shaped in a vertical and we thought it might be harder to use. I am sooo happy you like it. :cutie:

Question to anyone: We bought some stuff at the WOD in DTD. I got some kind of discount and I thought it was from my Disney Chase Visa - as long as you bought items that totalled over $50, you got a percentage off.

I don't think it was using my AP... but now someone said they don't give a Visa discount... so was it an AP discount?:confused3

I'm exhausted yet the pain woke me up. :sad2: I took some medicine and am waiting for it to kick in.

CD, I thought you got an AP discount when we were together. Is that what you are referring too?

Thanks everyone for wishing me well, I can feel all the kindness from here, and it helps.

Your story about the person falling on the segway is exactly why I didn't go. I'm scared to death I'd do something like that! :scared1: I'm not the most graceful.

I'm loving looking at all the photos.

I still want to try and make the digital scrapbook pages. I'm going to wait until I get the photopass cd though. I should have enough energy by then to do it also.

Talk with you all later!

Heather

I cannot ride horses or segways as one more fall and that could mean permanent damage to my old bones.

I have a headache and am paying for the potato chips. I must be the only person to get a hangover from potato chips.

Good morning ladies:surfweb:

Can you believe I'm at work already! I have to get to work, but wanted to jump on first. My goal is to have SOME discipline and not keep checking this thread, but there are sooo many pages at the end of the day. So, t y p e s l o w ly :upsidedow

Mary Jo, did I even thank you for meeting me at the airport? THANK YOU!!!!!! It was such a nice way to start my trip, to see a friendly face that I already knew. Add to that the fact that you're a really good driver who didn't scare me at all (even though you thought I was worried I really wasn't), and it was just perfect.
My pleasure, Molly. I was glad to do it... and I'm glad you were comfortable on the ride. :flower:

Aw, that was mine! My bff and I sweated over it in the store. The first thing she wanted to know after the trip was "How did they like the tote?" :lmao: It is non-Disney because I thought "any theme" meant that, but once at the tote game, it looked like almost all were Disney-themed. Anyway, I almost bought a different one but it was shaped in a vertical and we thought it might be harder to use. I am sooo happy you like it.
Thank you! I love it. :cutie:

I'm exhausted yet the pain woke me up. :sad2: I took some medicine and am waiting for it to kick in.

Your story about the person falling on the segway is exactly why I didn't go. I'm scared to death I'd do something like that! :scared1: I'm not the most graceful.

Heather
I hope you feel better, Heather. And, falling isn't so bad. I did it the first time we were on a segway, and my kids laugh everytime they remember it. :blush: So, this time, I made sure to pay attention and follow their rules. Plus, we weren't allowed to have our cameras out while we drove the segways, so none of us would have been able to take a picture (which would have made any fall worthwhile, provided the person wasn't hurt). ;)

I cannot ride horses or segways as one more fall and that could mean permanent damage to my old bones.

I have a headache and am paying for the potato chips. I must be the only person to get a hangover from potato chips.

Good morning ladies:surfweb:
Hope you feel better, Laurie.

Okay, I HAVE to jump off & get to work. Have a good day, ladies. Safe travels home to Dawn, Sally, & anyone else on their way home.

Stacie - that seems so unprofessional! Or did it come off as sympathetic?

Glad you ruled out the really bad things and hope that cream helps you.

Steph - I know how you feel. It's the worst when it reflects on you (and then you feel guilty for feeling that way). You did all you could.

Was it Jordan's momma who had the very cool book button about boys? Where did you get that? I need one.

Heather - when you read this in the AM, I'm sooo glad you made it through the day. And very impressed! Rest up when you can.

Theresa - I know that Tracey said it was her idea that everyone wear red on the VIP tour, but I don't know if she was the one who had the suggested colors per day. That really helped -- I found the Divas because they were wearing last year's shirt.

Yes, it was me. I got it on Photobucket.
I actually have that magnet on my fridge. I bought it when my friends & I bought our shirts for the premiere of TWILIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter