GG for October 2008

Drunken Hot Dogs... That sounds interesting

They are very popular when we have our neighborhood parties, I can't go without them. Great snack, for the adults only though.
Loretta

Thats one I've never heard of! But they sound like they would be a hit at the Fort! :thumbsup2

I was wondering the same thing. I was having visions of hotdogs swimming in some sort of whisky sauce. I'm not the biggest hot dog fan...but I think I'd have to partake in THAT!

yeah, out with the damn recipe already will ya???? You have us intrigued.

I just found this:

DRUNKEN HOT DOGS

2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. bourbon
1 tbsp. grated onion
1/2 c. water

Combine ingredients and heat for 20 minutes. Serve dip with Little Smokies or wieners miniatures. Great for holiday appetizer or Sunday afternoon football!

Sounds yummy!

It was so late last night. Couldn't find the real recipe. I make the sauce like Ami said and then add the cut up hot dos and let them steep for a while an hour in the sauce in a crock pot. I've never added water and we always use more bourbon then called for . They really are good, even for those who are not hotdog fans.
Loretta

That doesnt sound too bad at all.....I found this on the web, not sure about mixing sugar, beer and processed simulated meat...but ya never know till ya try it.....
1lb. wieners

1/2 can beer (any kind)

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. catsup

1/2 c. BBQ sauce

Put all in slow cooker and simmer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy and cheers!

It was so late last night. Couldn't find the real recipe. I make the sauce like Ami said and then add the cut up hot dos and let them steep for a while an hour in the sauce in a crock pot. I've never added water and we always use more bourbon then called for . They really are good, even for those who are not hotdog fans.
Loretta

What part of NC are you from ? When I lived in Saw Mills NC the hot dogs were the only things not drunk:drinking1

You just got-a-love Small Mills-----The only place in the world you can buy beer from a vending machine

Bourbon dogs! Wow, they sound just terrible, haha...but I'm willing to try anything once. With enough bourbon, I can see why they are a hit at the neighborhood parties, hehe! ;)

We'll probably do something like grilled hot wings. Dh like's 'em hot...so be sure to have plenty of beer on hand! :thumbsup2

What part of NC are you from ? When I lived in Saw Mills NC the hot dogs were the only things not drunk:drinking1

You just got-a-love Small Mills-----The only place in the world you can buy beer from a vending machine

I have to say I haven't seen it in vending machines, but you can get it here at almost any store. Sure is different than PA. We live in the Winston-Salem Greensboro area. Love it here, don't miss PA at all. Said goodby to Lehigh Valley 4 years ago and only go back to visit family. Just got home from a 2 week trip to PA and NJ. Where is Saw Mills?
Loretta

Saw Mills is just outside (North) of Hickory on old US 321

I've been through Greensboro many times my favorite Guy store is there Northern Tools. Most of my Family still lives Around Hickory and Lenior

I have to say I haven't seen it in vending machines, but you can get it here at almost any store. Sure is different than PA. We live in the Winston-Salem Greensboro area. Love it here, don't miss PA at all. Said goodby to Lehigh Valley 4 years ago and only go back to visit family. Just got home from a 2 week trip to PA and NJ. Where is Saw Mills?
Loretta

Well, we are making progress in the Valley. Wegman's is now allowed to sell beer and the State Liquor Authority is going to allow wine to be sold in vending machines. Kungaloosh is always available at my house 24-7.

Wow. I do miss Wegmans. They had just come to the area when we moved. The closest I can come to Wegmans here is the local Harris Teeter, and I rarely shop there unless its for wine or a quick stop for one or two things. Vending machines? Are they pony bottles?
Loretta

We have rescheduled our trip in Tina's 5th wheel for the first week of October.(departing on the 4th or 5th) Anyone going to be there during this time period?:confused3

Also..curious about the weather for this time of year. While I hated having to cancel for August, I'm hoping the weather might be more enjoyable.

We have rescheduled our trip in Tina's 5th wheel for the first week of October.(departing on the 4th or 5th) Anyone going to be there during this time period?:confused3

Also..curious about the weather for this time of year. While I hated having to cancel for August, I'm hoping the weather might be more enjoyable.

Darn it, we'd love to meet you Auntie...but we are there at the end of October. Oct 25th-Nov 1st

Darn it, we'd love to meet you Auntie...but we are there at the end of October. Oct 25th-Nov 1st

It would have been nice to meet you too, Sonya.:sad1:

You will LOVE October!! I couldn't even imagine WDW in August...

We have been in Feb/march May and Oct, and we will not go back unless it is Oct. Great crowds, better weather!!! LOVE IT, can't wait till Oct 09.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter