Getting ready to attend a Disney wedding! August 2013 - rental car

Jiko

Since we're staying at AKL now anyway, I'm trying to convince my husband we should eat at Jiko one night. Everyone says it's absolutely fabulous and I'm dying to try it! I feel like the only real night we'd be able to do it is Friday night, after our photoshoot (which would be fun because we'd be all dressed up anyway!). We were already planning to do Sanaa that afternoon for lunch. Do you think both in one day would be too much? Both of us love that style of food. I might see if we can do a later lunch at Sanaa now too since we won't be eating dinner until late. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

Anyone have anything to tell me/recommend about Jiko? I've been looking for dining reviews with Jiko in them all the time now!

More exciting news on the AKL front! DH's uncle sent us the confirmation email for the reservation... and it's a savanna view!! I was literally dancing around the apartment when I saw it!

Just got back from my April trip, and now it's really time to start getting excited about August!! One thing I decided is that I don't want to do Sanaa and Jiko on the same day - it's just too much food for me! I'm going to try to book Sanaa the evening that we arrive.

Wow! Fantastic resort upgrade! ::yes:: How kind of your uncle... DVC membership is fantastic that way.

Cute dresses, too! I am obsessed with Disney Weddings...

For the anniversary shoot, how about DH in khakis and a solid shirt the same blue as in your dress?

You will absolutely love AKL; it is amazingly romantic!

Kathy

Wow! Fantastic resort upgrade! ::yes:: How kind of your uncle... DVC membership is fantastic that way.

Cute dresses, too! I am obsessed with Disney Weddings...

For the anniversary shoot, how about DH in khakis and a solid shirt the same blue as in your dress?

You will absolutely love AKL; it is amazingly romantic!

Kathy

Thanks so much for joining in! I'm glad you found me. I've never been to a Disney wedding before so I'm extremely excited to see one!

I like your suggestion for DH's outfit for the shoot too. I'll have to go shopping soon to see what I can find!

So somewhat shockingly... DH and I actually spent less on food than we had budgeted for our past trip in April! I had budgeted $600 for us and we only spent a little over $400, so that's extra money that goes back into the travel fund. We talked about what we'd like to do with that extra money, and I think we'll be booking the Wild Africa Trek for this trip! They are currently offering a discount for the afternoon tours. It will be hot as blazes, but luckily we are both pretty good with the heat. And I've been wanting to do this tour for ages! Can't wait - I have to call and actually book it soon.

Okay, so I haven't updated in a long time... and the reason... because I'm planning another trip to Disney before this August one! I know, I'm kind of in shock. But the same family member that gave us DVC points for August still has some he wants to use up before the end of the summer, so I jumped on the chance to go at the end of June for another friend's wedding. I figure with my AP and the free DVC I almost can't not go. All I need to pay for is my flight and food. And the flight I had a $50 gift card for so that helped a bit. And my parents gave me a $100 Disney gift card for my graduation from grad school, so that will cover most of my food for the week, since it will just be me and I'll probably do mostly quick service. I am one lucky gal!!

In terms of this August trip, I'll post it soon but I do have one small thing to share - I bought a pair of shoes that I think I'll wear for our photoshoot. I'll try and get a picture up later!

So I'm still waiting to book our airfare... the prices have definitely gone up in the past 6 months! I've been waiting for a deal and can't find anything anywhere. Bing keeps saying prices will go down, but if not by next Wednesday I'll just buy because I can't wait forever! We leave in less than two months!

Airfare Booked!

Finally gave in and booked our airfare! I got $240 roundtrip per person, which is okay. It's just annoying that it seems to keep going up. I went in Feb. and paid $200, and then in April paid $220. Plus this flight isn't non-stop, we have layovers both ways. I normally fly Southwest so I can do nonstop, but it was going to cost $350 per person round trip! So we're Delta this time. I'm glad it's out of the way, at least.

Shoes!

here are the shoes I'm thinking of wearing for our anniversary shoot! I actually got them last time I was in Disney, in the shops in China. I really like them and the colors go well with my dress. I wanted some cute flats, because while I like wearing heels they are a pain to walk in! So I'm glad I found these.

Well, I am off to Disney this week for a (different) friend's wedding! Once I get back this August trip will be #1 priority!

A few new updates! First, I finally booked Wild Africa Trek! We will be doing it on Friday, August 2nd at 11:45. They are offering the summer $50 discount so that's why we picked that time. It will be hot, but worth it!

I also cancelled our dinner reservation at Tokyo Dining. I feel really bad, because DH was pretty disappointed. But our plans for Thursday changed a bit. After the day in MK the girls are doing a bachelorette party, and heading to Splitsville and then Jellyrolls. So I'll be having dinner with them instead. DH really wanted sushi. I'm thinking maybe on Sunday we don't leave til 5pm, so perhaps we'll do DTD that day and just get some food at Splitsville since I know they have sushi there. I'm excited about the bachelorette party plans but I feel a little badly that we don't get to do Tokyo dining, since that's what DH wanted.

Just booked our rental car today! We went with dollar and got a rate of $16/day (plus the extra fees they tack on) so I'm really really good about that! They only bad thing is that I'll be the driver, not DH (because he's 24 and I'm 25, so he would have to pay extra fees for the under 25 thing). He's definitely the driver in the family, I avoid driving as much as possible. But I guess I'll have to suck it up for this trip!

So now the girls organizing the bachelorette party are talking about not doing Splitsville and doing a dinner with just the bridesmaids first, and then everyone at Jellyrolls. So I re-made reservations at Tokyo Dining for 5:30, a little earlier to give me time. DH is excited again so hopefully it all works out!

We leave in 2 days!! The bachelorette party has been changed once again, so I cancelled the Tokyo Dining reservations... but we decided to make new ones for Sunday lunch at noon, the day we leave! Our flight isn't until 5pm so we have some time.

I'm doing laundry now and then packing tonight and tomorrow! I am so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!