Getting anxious to book airfare for 2/8-2/12/03-When will good fares show up?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
I usually book my airfare a good 8 months before my trip-I get rather anxious about getting the flights I like. This time I figured I'd wait to see if fares came down. They haven't budged, but did go up $1.50. I just don't want to spend $265 to fly BDL to MCO, but I don't want to get stuck on some awful flight times. I really prefer non-stop, but will do one quick layover if necessary.

When do you think airfares will go down? This is the week BEFORE President's Day so I was hoping for some good rates. What rates have others paid at this time of year from CT?

Your problem right now is that Southwest hasn't released their dates yet past January 10th. ALL of the airlines follow Southwests' lead... Southwest should be relaeasing their dates mid-September I would think... We are also waiting for good Hawaii fares for February 12th, but all the good deals expire December 14th... so, we're right there with you & it's driving me mad....

Airfares are as volitle as the stock market. I watched mine go up & down for weeks. If I had waited 2 more, I could have saved another $50/ticket. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

I feel your pain.

We're waiting too for those fares to go down.....and usually have our tickets purchased for a January trip by now.

It's so hard to wait but all we're finding at this point from our area are prices close to $400 RT. A little too steep for my budget at this point.

To get thru the waiting period, I'm using some deep breathing and relaxation techniques...LOL LOL

:wave: :wave: :wave:

I booked our air in May for our November trip. We are flying AirTran, for the first time, non-stop, roundtrip cost $353 for both of us, out of Philly, so I grabbed it! Do they fly out of CT?

I just booked my air yesterday after watching it on Expedia for 2 weeks. For our past 2 trips (pre-9/11), I was able to get $168.00 rt from Newark, NJ to MCO. And I, too, book 8-10 months prior (as soon as fares come out). The lowest I found was $211.00. Not bad. The Continental flight I wanted was sold out when I finally went to book it. So, I went with Delta. I didn't book with Expedia, however, I called Delta directly and was able to get the same flight I saw on Expedia. When I called Continental, they were sold out of the $211. seats that I saw on Expedia.

Anna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter