Get Your Ears On- It's a Good, Good, Good, Deluxe Time

Also, I should add, that we don't have the dining plan this trip, so this does not affect me directly, but it's not cool that the cheese board is excluded. The menu pic posted on Disney Food Blog does not indicate any exclusions and I think if something is excluded on the DDP/DxDP, it should indicate it on the menu. That's my humble opinion.
Isn't Topolino two credits as well? No reason to not allow the cheese board. California Grill allows their $23 cheese board.

50’s Sci Fi Dine In Theatre Lunch
Reservation Time: 11:30 AM
Check in Time: 11:25AM
Seated Time: 11:32AM
Meal Duration: 60 Minutes​

Drinks Ordered: Orbiting Oreos

Thoughts:
BOOZY MILKSHAKES. Need we say more? We both had to get the Orbiting Oreos Shake and we definitely weren’t disappointed. In fact, it was probably one on our favorite drinks of the trip. And it was only fitting to get a milkshake at this 50s drive in themed dining experience. They were rich and creamy and the Oreo chunks were small enough that it went down real smooth. The Godiva Chocolate Liquor added a nice flavor to the drink, but it wasn’t overpowering which was nice.

Appetizer Selection:
Shrimp and Crab Fondue- A Blend of Shrimp, Crab, and Cheeses with Roasted Red Peppers, Fresh Dill, and Corn Tortilla Chips
Island Cake- with Apple and Cabbage Slaw and Dill Rémoulade

Thoughts:
The appetizers were definitely the best overall course of this meal. The only thing that may steer you away from the Shrimp and Crab Fondue is that it has a very fishy taste, so if you are not a fan of that I recommend trying another option. If you like that sort of thing like I did, you will very much enjoy this appetizer. It was refreshing that the seafood was the leading flavor and the cheese was the accompanying flavor. It was very tasty and the ratio of chips to the fondue provided proved to be just right for us which was appreciated. The Island Cake took a bit longer to come out than the fondue, but it was worth the wait. In fact we had about finished the fondue by the time the Island Cake came out. It was something that I wouldn’t normally order for an appetizer, but I was pleasantly surprised. This was the plant based option and I honestly would not have known had it not been designated as such. IT was fresh and delicious and was both soft and had a nice crunch. The accompanying slaw was also really great and the combination of them together was the tops. I would not hesitate in ordering either of these dishes again in the future.

50’s Sci Fi Dine In Theatre Lunch Continued

Entree Selection:
Drive-in BBQ Burger- Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar topped with an Onion Ring and Crispy-fried Jalapeños
Pan-seared Shrimp Pasta- Penne Pasta tossed in a Smoked Tomato Four-Cheese Cream Sauce with Baby Kale, Fennel, Zucchini, and Red Bell Peppers

Thoughts:
Going into this meal she was initially going to get the lettuce wraps. We didn’t have another meal planned until late that night, so she switched to a heavier dish that would keep us full. Unfortunately that was not the right decision. The Shrimp Pasta was edible, but had absolutely no flavor to anything except the shrimp, which just had a normal shrimp taste. It was a very bland dish, and she ended up leaving a lot of it on the plate because of a combination of not really enjoying it and the huge portion provided. The dish was certainly cheesy and the vegetables were serviceable, but somehow it could not achieve an overall flavor that made it worth filling up with it. The burger could be given a similar sentiment. It was a tasty combination and all the parts worked together for a satisfying bite, but this exact burger can be had at a lot of restaurant and burger chains and this wasn’t the best BBQ Burger with an onion ring, bacon, and sauce that I’ve ever had. The real winner of the plate though were the onion rings which were nice and crunchy and just a nice comfort food compared to the other cuisine that we had for the week. It’s not that the entrees here were bad, but more that they lacked the understanding of flavor that most of the other food we had during the week achieved.

Dessert Selection:
House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar- Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce
Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote

Thoughts:
Both desserts were pretty good, but at least in my opinion, not quite as good as the milkshake that started our meal. The lemon cheesecake was refreshing, not to heavy, and very soft. The lemon flavor was a nice touch and the blueberry compote was mighty tasty, but overall this was a very ordinary dish. The Candy bar was a bit more out of this world. The Cookies and Cream mousse was good and was well complimented by the outside chocolate coating. I would have definitely ordered this again.

Service:
The service here was pretty good. Nothing too significant or special that comes to mind. We were in the back of the car with a party of four in front of us, so at times we did feel like second bananas and were even referred to as the hitchhikers in the back at one point, so if you’re not prepared to have that kind of experience this may not be for you. The atmosphere is definitely more calm and quiet, so if you are looking for a break from all of the park craziness outdoors this may be a place you want to look into. We got off Rise of the Resistance at 7:50AM and our day escalated from there so the calm sitting quiet was really nice at this point early afternoon.

Last edited:

Li
50’s Sci Fi Dine In Theatre Lunch Continued

Entree Selection:
Drive-in BBQ Burger- Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar topped with an Onion Ring and Crispy-fried Jalapeños
Pan-seared Shrimp Pasta- Penne Pasta tossed in a Smoked Tomato Four-Cheese Cream Sauce with Baby Kale, Fennel, Zucchini, and Red Bell Peppers

Thoughts:
Going into this meal she was initially going to get the lettuce wraps. We didn’t have another meal planned until late that night, so she switched to a heavier dish that would keep us full. Unfortunately that was not the right decision. The Shrimp Pasta was edible, but had absolutely no flavor to anything except the shrimp, which just had a normal shrimp taste. It was a very bland dish, and she ended up leaving a lot of it on the plate because of a combination of not really enjoying it and the huge portion provided. The dish was certainly cheesy and the vegetables were serviceable, but somehow it could not achieve an overall flavor that made it worth filling up with it. The burger could be given a similar sentiment. It was a tasty combination and all the parts worked together for a satisfying bite, but this exact burger can be had at a lot of restaurant and burger chains and this wasn’t the best BBQ Burger with an onion ring, bacon, and sauce that I’ve ever had. The real winner of the plate though were the onion rings which were nice and crunchy and just a nice comfort food compared to the other cuisine that we had for the week. It’s not that the entrees here were bad, but more that they lacked the understanding of flavor that most of the other food we had during the week achieved.

Dessert Selection:
House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar- Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce
Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote

Thoughts:
Both desserts were pretty good, but at least in my opinion, not quite as good as the milkshake that started our meal. The lemon cheesecake was refreshing, not to heavy, and very soft. The lemon flavor was a nice touch and the blueberry compote was mighty tasty, but overall this was a very ordinary dish. The Candy bar was a bit more out of this world. The Cookies and Cream mousse was good and was well complimented by the outside chocolate coating. I would have definitely ordered this again.

Service:
The service here was pretty good. Nothing too significant or special that comes to mind. We were in the back of the car with a party of four in front of us, so at times we did feel like second bananas and were even referred to as the hitchhikers in the back at one point, so if you’re not prepared to have that kind of experience this may not be for you. The atmosphere is definitely more calm and quiet, so if you are looking for a break from all of the park craziness outdoors this may be a place you want to look into. We got off Rise of the Resistance at 7:50 and our day escalated from there so the calm sitting quiet was really nice.
loving all the details of your reviews, really thorough and hugely helpful. I’m so jealous of the glow cube drinks haha. We were on the DxDP for a portion of our last trip and told numerous times that any glow cube drinks weren’t included for adults or our kid. Oh well :)

I felt the same way about the food at Sci-Fi. Nothing bad, but nothing memorable except for the atmosphere. All that said, we would go back. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!