Get me excited for the Boardwalk

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We booked the Boardwalk for next summer because we liked the Epcot resort area but my husband wasn’t a big fan of Stormalong Bay (we stayed at BC in April). He didn’t like how difficult it was to find seats and we thought the pool was really big so it was hard to keep track of our daughter without being in the pool the entire time. I also wanted to try a new resort (we previously stayed at WL (x2), Polynesian, BC, and we have a POFQ trip booked).

Is Boardwalk ok? The slide looks fun. Our daughter will be 7 and we are going with our niece who will be 2.5.

Should I scrap it and book a different hotel? I’ll have to get my brother in law to switch it too so that makes it more complicated.

I know people talk about lack of QS at boardwalk but we have PH so I figured we could walk to Epcot?

I think Yacht Club is miles better than either Boardwalk or Beach Club, but if your family doesn't like Stormalong Bay that's not a very helpful suggestion.

The Boardwalk *area* has plenty of QS food even if the Boardwalk resort itself doesn't have much.

What do you like about Disney resorts? If heavy theming is your thing, consider Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you like proximity to the parks, stay where you are. If you want to relax, check out Old Key West or the Fort Wilderness cabins.

I know people talk about lack of QS at boardwalk but we have PH so I figured we could walk to Epcot?
Hopping to Epcot can only occur after 2 PM. That eliminates breakfast and, for many people, lunch as well. Epcot would have to be your first park of the day in order to use it as a QS alternative. However, you will have the QS locations at the Swan & Dolphin hotels as options.

Hopping to Epcot can only occur after 2 PM. That eliminates breakfast and, for many people, lunch as well. Epcot would have to be your first park of the day in order to use it as a QS alternative. However, you will have the QS locations at the Swan & Dolphin hotels as options.
When we went to Disney in the past, we never did QS at our hotel for breakfast. We usually just grabbed something in the park after we went on our first ride or we did a character breakfast. So the whole QS for breakfast issue doesn’t bother me. I was just more concerned about having a snack at the pool or something, but it seems like there are places we can get some food.

There's actually a lot of QS at Boardwalk. I don't understand why people say there isn't.
Pool bar has food for lunch/dinner
Bellevue Lounge has breakfast
Pizza window
2 take out windows on Boardwalk, one is more snacky depending on what you are wanting
Bakery has food, both breakfast and lunch/dinner choices.
Abracadabra bar has food, may not really be QS but it is small plates
It's really no different than any other resort

When we went to Disney in the past, we never did QS at our hotel for breakfast. We usually just grabbed something in the park after we went on our first ride or we did a character breakfast. So the whole QS for breakfast issue doesn’t bother me. I was just more concerned about having a snack at the pool or something, but it seems like there are places we can get some food.
Yes, the pool bar has sandwiches and salads. Plus the hot dog stand, pizza window, and deli (replacing the bakery). Boardwalk has plenty of QS options in my opinion, they just don't have a full-on cafeteria, but none of the deluxe resorts do.

We booked the Boardwalk for next summer because we liked the Epcot resort area but my husband wasn’t a big fan of Stormalong Bay (we stayed at BC in April). He didn’t like how difficult it was to find seats and we thought the pool was really big so it was hard to keep track of our daughter without being in the pool the entire time. I also wanted to try a new resort (we previously stayed at WL (x2), Polynesian, BC, and we have a POFQ trip booked).

Is Boardwalk ok? The slide looks fun. Our daughter will be 7 and we are going with our niece who will be 2.5.

Should I scrap it and book a different hotel? I’ll have to get my brother in law to switch it too so that makes it more complicated.

I suggest reading the dedicated Boardwalk resort thread.

Yes, the pool bar has sandwiches and salads. Plus the hot dog stand, pizza window, and deli (replacing the bakery). Boardwalk has plenty of QS options in my opinion, they just don't have a full-on cafeteria, but none of the deluxe resorts do.
The MK resorts do, more so than the Epcot ones do. Just smaller versions of them.
Captain Cook's is much more like the ones at the Mods, for example

I'll vote for Boardwalk Inn even though we've never stayed there.

I think the carousel theming is lovely and would have appealed to me bunches at the kids' ages. I loved riding a carousel from a very young age. Otherwise, I think the BWI lobby as attractive as YC's in a more colorful way.

But, I may be biased since we just bought a small DVC contract at BWV and are staying there briefly next trip. :)

QS there is somewhat lacking, I agree, and it'd be a pain to go over to Riviera for a QS breakfast, IMO. The Swolphins, more workable with the boats, but BC/YC not great QS in the morning either.

Again, I'm probably biased in favor of the Trattoria--fabulous breakfast and such a fun character meal pre-covid. We both really REALLY hope that's back by next spring for our return. It had Ariel and Eric, Flynn Rider and Rapunzel along with Cindy and Charming. Flynn was always a hoot, faked stealing one of DH's favorite pastries and such a charmer. Great fun!

My DD, who is 10, says BW has the best slide on property. I loved that we could find chairs at any time and could stay in one spot and watch her the entire time.
My husband will like this so much better. It was so hard to do that at stormalong bay. We always had to walk over with our daughter and go on the slide with how far it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter