• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Reminder to check the app for updates on parking at DTD. Crowds have picked up with the addition of outdoor dining and the lifting of the stay at home orders. I saw on Instagram that the wait time is about 90 minutes at the Simba entrance. Not sure about Harbor side. E4CF5281-07FD-4A04-8961-0410EF3BCCDA.png

I was able to beat the Simba lot guests to the line so I was the first in. I could see that the line for the lot was beginning to grow as I passed it around 9:20. Unfortunately, none of the three Starbucks are open yet. A CM told me that she believes they’ll be open by next weekend. One of my small treats is to enjoy a cup or tea when I come here. Looks like I’ll have to wait a little longer.

The path that approaches Cars Land was open but not the one that goes towards Soarin’. Perhaps once the Starbucks is open it will be.
63C127C4-D773-49DE-99BB-96C23E26F0F1.jpeg

FAD9FF94-C33F-41C3-88ED-B1141013CA70.jpeg

0AF3F1C6-2AB3-461E-A156-FC757663C162.jpeg

A7C49526-52E6-417D-91B8-18598D7DF99E.jpeg

793036FB-1DF3-4439-92A3-03A046190FD8.jpeg

74D08427-4A1D-4CB3-BE9C-DBEBD6D217A9.jpeg

3FDC88B2-2CFC-41C5-ADF8-2B97B05BA937.jpeg

97039E19-2802-4DAE-8D4B-9A56E7CDF4D8.jpeg

17140628-DC03-4B6D-B36C-0AFADABA7147.jpeg

Last edited:

Where do I find gardenwalk? I’m planning on going tomorrow, thanks
It’s just off Harbor, turn onto Disney way and ou will see the sign for it on your left at the next light.

If you are taking the 5 to Disneyland just take the harbor exit and head south.

Here is a dropped google maps pin to the driveway to the lot.

It’s a bit of a walk, but, for instance, I’m pretty sure it’s a shorter walk to the Esplanade than walking from Mickey and Friends.

It’s just off Harbor, turn onto Disney way and ou will see the sign for it on your left at the next light.

If you are taking the 5 to Disneyland just take the harbor exit and head south.

Here is a dropped google maps pin to the driveway to the lot.

It’s a bit of a walk, but, for instance, I’m pretty sure it’s a shorter walk to the Esplanade than walking from Mickey and Friends.

It's much easier to just exit on Katella, rather than Harbor. The parking structure entrance for Garden walk is off Katella closer to the freeway side. Exiting on Harbor adds an unnecessary 5 minutes to the drive.

It's much easier to just exit on Katella, rather than Harbor. The parking structure entrance for Garden walk is off Katella closer to the freeway side. Exiting on Harbor adds an unnecessary 5 minutes to the drive.
giphy.gif

Interesting. Is that also true if you are on the 5 south?

Anyone knows/guess how crowded it would be around 1pm on Friday if I walked in the harbor blvd entrance? What's prob least crowded during the week?

Anyone knows/guess how crowded it would be around 1pm on Friday if I walked in the harbor blvd entrance? What's prob least crowded during the week?
Should be a very short or no wait at all. I’ve seen people post entering over there walking right in. It’s the main entrance by Simba that tends to have the long wait.

OK experts!
We are considering a brief visit to DTD next weekend (not able to go on a weekday for the AP discount, unfortunately) since we will be in the area anyway.

Have the weekend been truly horrendous as far as crowds? My options would be either Friday afternoon, or Sunday late morning/early afternoon.

And- if I managed to secure a reservation at a DTD restaurant that used to offer an AP discount, does anyone know whether those discounts are currently being honored or no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter