• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I don't recall if I saw it, but it could have been one of the higher up ones. I'm a little short so I don't tend to look at the higher shelves unless I don't see what I'm looking for down lower :rotfl2: . Definitely were more than I mentioned, though, up higher.

I hope it's there! 30% off the Dooneys is hard to pass up.
If I don’t find it I will happily spend money on other items :) lol

Not official until the Governor says so, but if it's true, I wonder how fast DTD can bring back dining?
EDIT: other news sources are reporting this as well, so we shall see tomorrow.
Restaurant Union expecting Gov. Newsom to Lift Stay At Home Order for All of California
Thank you for that update! L.A. Times reporting it now, too: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-24/newsom-cancels-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order
So hoping that this is good news for DTD.

Last edited:

Looks like it’s official. Counties have the final say, but I’m pretty sure OC will open up. Good news for DTD. During the Monday update I’m sure they will go more in depth.
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/...navirus-stay-at-home-orders-curfew-statewide/

I just came on here to see if anyone had ideas for when restaurants might open up. Hoping this gets updated when we have news of when those restaurants will be open. I've been holding off driving down for the day until they are back open.

I just came on here to see if anyone had ideas for when restaurants might open up. Hoping this gets updated when we have news of when those restaurants will be open. I've been holding off driving down for the day until they are back open.
I haven’t heard anything yet. So far it’s just you’re allowed to consume the food you buy. Hopefully this week we hear about the restaurants. They probably need time to call back staff.

From Rinse (rinsesoap.com):
It's Ok... You Can Still Visit Us Online!

The day has come when we say "see you later" to our Downtown Disney family. Your last day to shop will be Sunday January 25th.

But don't worry, you can still shop all things Rinse!
Use code MAGIC15 for 15% off your online order until 2/15/21.

Not official until the Governor says so, but if it's true, I wonder how fast DTD can bring back dining?
EDIT: other news sources are reporting this as well, so we shall see tomorrow.
Restaurant Union expecting Gov. Newsom to Lift Stay At Home Order for All of California
Well, I would imagine they want some reassurances they won't be closed down again in a week or two. Additionally, they will have to call back the furloughed managers, who then will call back the chefs and the unionized CMs. The union requires Disney to provide a minimum of a 7 day notice to the unionized CMs. The managers will take 3 or 4 days to call back alone, then there is restocking time involved. So all in all, probably a minimum of 3 weeks after a decision is made to reopen the dining locations. But they might be able to speed it up some if necessary, but an absolute bare minimum of 7 days before CMs are back in the parks and they will likely have to do some minor training as well, probably a day or two.

That isn't surprising, really all they had to do was put the tables back out and provide enough people to sanitize them between groups, so simple for them.
Yeah the to go people who are already open are good as they are staffed and have food. They just need the tables and chairs.

The Disneyland website, DTD info, still says no food or drink may be consumed on the property. Has Disney come out to say this has restriction now changed?

The Disneyland website, DTD info, still says no food or drink may be consumed on the property. Has Disney come out to say this has restriction now changed?
They posted their signs about being stationary when eating yesterday immediately when the rules changed. We just haven’t heard anything in regards to the website changes and sit down restaurants
4338235F-6D20-4FCF-B938-EB137790B831.png

Yay! Hopefully this will continue in this direction. I'm excited to head back to DTD. I was going to go and check out California Adventure, but right before I was planning on heading over, they had the stay at home order. I have been waiting for restaurants to open again to head over. Planning some potential dates with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter