General questions about events hosted by DIS

Love4Villains

Earning My Ears
Hello there,
like everyone else i am excited to go to the podcast event next August. When registration opens, will payment in full be required for rooms, registration, park tickets, etc or will we make a deposit?
Just wondering if folks that have attended in the past could share what the experience was like for registration processes. thanks all!

Hello there,
like everyone else i am excited to go to the podcast event next August. When registration opens, will payment in full be required for rooms, registration, park tickets, etc or will we make a deposit?
Just wondering if folks that have attended in the past could share what the experience was like for registration processes. thanks all!
Everything is separate. If it's like the 20th Event you'll register for the week (it was either $20 or $25) and then you were able to register for the party which I think was $85. The room block was through Disney Groups and you have to call them directly to book, I didn't add tickets to my room so not sure if they require payment on the tickets when booking hopefully someone else can answer. But the room booking worked the same way regular room only bookings work in that you are required to pay the first night deposit and then balance is due at check in. Being booked in the room block was not required.

Last edited:
Hello there,

yeah, like @dina444444 said, everything is separate - the event is completely separate from booking your stay at Disney or getting tickets .... that would all be done in the normal way (unless you are using the block of rooms the DIS holds, then you need to call to book that, but even that is separate from registering for the event).

As stated there is a registration fee to get you access to everything and then there was a cost for the main event - the party. In the past there were also smaller events (like getting Ice Cream with Teresa or walking down Main Street with Micheal and Craig, etc.) and each of those you had to register for and there was no explicit cost but they had a suggested donation amount for at least some of them

How many people did they allow for the Epcot event?
There were about 1,000 I think. The event didn’t sell out. I do know that the DAP event in 2015 at Diagon Alley was capped(don’t remember the number) and that did sell out.

1000? EEK! That still seems like a lot of people, but maybe I’m overreacting. We haven’t been to Pandora yet. How well do you think 1000 people will fit in the area, and what the lines would be like for the 2 rides? (I understand that we’re just guessing at this point)

1000? EEK! That still seems like a lot of people, but maybe I’m overreacting. We haven’t been to Pandora yet. How well do you think 1000 people will fit in the area, and what the lines would be like for the 2 rides? (I understand that we’re just guessing at this point)
I’m sure there is well over a 1000 people in pandora on a regular Park day. There are usually upwards of 25,000 people in the park on any given day.

I only have the EPCOT one to compare it to and I will say it *felt* like a lot of people when entering the park as all 1,000 were basically arriving at the same time but then once you were in I thought it was a good amount as the place didn't feel like a ghost town but at the same time lines were very minimal

and to put in in perspective, Flight of Passage has an operational hourly ride capacity of ~1,400 (per a quick google search) - so everyone would be able to ride within an hour even if that was all anyone wanted to all at the same time

Just as an aside...The ride capacity of FOP is quoted as being around 1,550 riders per hour and that is not the only thing in Pandora.

I’m sure there is well over a 1000 people in pandora on a regular Park day. There are usually upwards of 25,000 people in the park on any given day.

I only have the EPCOT one to compare it to and I will say it *felt* like a lot of people when entering the park as all 1,000 were basically arriving at the same time but then once you were in I thought it was a good amount as the place didn't feel like a ghost town but at the same time lines were very minimal

and to put in in perspective, Flight of Passage has an operational hourly ride capacity of ~1,400 (per a quick google search) - so everyone would be able to ride within an hour even if that was all anyone wanted to all at the same time

Just as an aside...The ride capacity of FOP is quoted as being around 1,550 riders per hour and that is not the only thing in Pandora.

Whew! Thanks, folks!

Geeze! So an hour long wait means 1,550 people are in front of you in line? Lord...

Well, the 1,550 number is the theoretical max capacity - so if everything hits right at the minimum time to load, etc. I believe ~1,400 is the realistic target throughout .... but yeah, point remains that at any time there are at least 1,000 in line for that attraction - and often closer to 2,000

Reactions: GAN
I agree with the others that 1,000 people just isn't a lot. It might sound like a big number but it's well under than the hourly capacity of FOP and there's also Na'vi and other things to do. Plus there will be food and drink and meeting the DIS folks and more. So it isn't like all 1,000 people will be lined up to do the same thing at the same time (though I'm sure most will be doing FOP at least once during the night).

not everyone at the party will be riding FOP....DD and I can't really ride it...maybe we'll do it once, but we fight motion sickness when we ride it, so not much point for us to come all that way to the party and then get sick...we'll ride the river ride while the rest of you are on FOP :)

not everyone at the party will be riding FOP....DD and I can't really ride it...maybe we'll do it once, but we fight motion sickness when we ride it, so not much point for us to come all that way to the party and then get sick...we'll ride the river ride while the rest of you are on FOP :)
Yep. There are folks who can't do FOP unfortunately. I'll do NRJ if it's pretty much a walk on during the party. I wouldn't wait in any sort of line for it and I definitely wouldn't waste a FP on it during regular park visits. I've done it once. That's basically enough. But I can't wait to get back on FOP. We've only gotten to do that once so far and I really want to do it again.

Yep. There are folks who can't do FOP unfortunately. I'll do NRJ if it's pretty much a walk on during the party. I wouldn't wait in any sort of line for it and I definitely wouldn't waste a FP on it during regular park visits. I've done it once. That's basically enough. But I can't wait to get back on FOP. We've only gotten to do that once so far and I really want to do it again.
The chance to ride FoP with little wait is the biggest upside to this party probably other than seeing all of my fabulous Dis friends.

The chance to ride FoP with little wait is the biggest upside to this party probably other than seeing all of my fabulous Dis friends.
Same here and I likely won’t be able to book FPs till two weeks before my trip for this trip because of the craziness that comes with trying to upgrade to a premier pass when my annual expiration date falls in mid/late July on my Disneyland pass. So not having to worry about pandora rides will be nice.

we like the river ride and when we were there a year ago (august 2017) our grandson, who was 3 at the time, LOVED that ride, which is really who it was built for...
there wasn't much in the way of little kid rides in AK before that...

The only two good things about fastpass for NRJ:
1) Can actually get a FP for it at 30 days out
2) the queue for it pretty boring vs FoP's which is amazing ... so I would rather wait an hour for FoP than 30 mins for NRJ just due to the detail/interesting aspects to the queues

For the Dis special events that have taken place in the past -is park admission required? So for the Pandora party would we also need a park ticket on top of admission to the Pandora Party?

We are thinking of going, but would actually plan on limiting days of park tickets and forcing ourselves to enjoy the resort or other aspects of WDW resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter