Geeks go for broke! Updated 2/17: Wrap-up

Nice! :rotfl:

I think a little of both ;)
I have resigned myself to the fact that despite the change in plans, we ARE still going to have a fantastic time. I guess I can learn to live with the sparkling, crystal blue waters of the paradsise that is Grand Cayman.....

I know it will be hard, but good for you to make the best of it :drinking1

Ok, we book in......about 7 hours. And I am FREAKING OUT. For no reason whatsoever. Well, there is an actual reason. I have no idea yet what to book for Grand Cayman. This is not a particularly huge deal, since I doubt any of the beach-only excursions will be selling out, but still.
It won't be DONE.

Here is what we are booking tonight:

Castaway Cay day #1 (Sunday): Two-Day CC Getaway Package, Palo Dinner
Sea Day #1 (Monday): Palo High Tea, Exotic Rasul
Grand Cayman (Tuesday): see frantic post above
Cozumel (Wednesday): Eco Park and Snorkel
Sea Day #2 (Thursday): Palo Brunch
Castaway Cay day #2 (Friday): (getaway package)

I am probably going to check in to getting one of the spa specials onboard for a spa taster or a stone massage or something......and will be spending the rest of the evening researching GC beach packages.

To many of you, this will come as no surprise: the thing I am most excited about in GC is the Tortuga Rum Cake Bakery. :thumbsup2 I am trying to figure out how many rum cakes two people can carry......

Sounds wonderful! I don't know how many rum cakes you can carry, but back in the day we carried 8 bottles of rum carry on! :bitelip:

Sounds wonderful! I don't know how many rum cakes you can carry, but back in the day we carried 8 bottles of rum carry on! :bitelip:

Tammie, I have big shoes to fill. ;)

Ok, it is official: we are going to Rum Point on Grand Cayman. Mostly because of the name. :thumbsup2

Is it midnight yet? :hyper:

Nice...I like it!:thumbsup2
(Evil grin) I especially like how all you 105'ers are so loose lipped with your plans. Helps us 90 day poor folk figure out which days will be easier to book for what...:laughing: You know. Whatever's left for us cheapos to scrounge after!:rotfl:

To many of you, this will come as no surprise: the thing I am most excited about in GC is the Tortuga Rum Cake Bakery. :thumbsup2 I am trying to figure out how many rum cakes two people can carry......

OMG, you are so not alone. Now THIS is the benefit of having to tote along a stroller....a huge under-basket to FILL with rum cakes!!!! :cloud9: And two kids I will pimp out to carry rum cake bags. They could probably carry four bags each, those cakes are light! I'll have to have them practice building their upper arm strength bringing in the Publix grocery bags.....bwahahahahaah!:rolleyes1

And this is shameful to admit but on our last trip in Nassau we bought one multipack (six cakes)...of the small ones and one large original flavor...and I ate them ALL the day we got back. ALL seven of them. Ron did help, but not much, it was mostly me. I was PG is that an excuse??? :cutie:

:banana: Good luck tonite you lucky duck!!!!

Eek...I think those are the days I was planning for tea and brunch too. :worried:

If I don't get my ressies, I'm blaming you! :laughing:

(Evil grin) I especially like how all you 105'ers are so loose lipped with your plans. Helps us 90 day poor folk figure out which days will be easier to book for what...:laughing: You know. Whatever's left for us cheapos to scrounge after!:rotfl:

OMG, you are so not alone. Now THIS is the benefit of having to tote along a stroller....a huge under-basket to FILL with rum cakes!!!! :cloud9: And two kids I will pimp out to carry rum cake bags. They could probably carry four bags each, those cakes are light! I'll have to have them practice building their upper arm strength bringing in the Publix grocery bags.....bwahahahahaah!:rolleyes1

And this is shameful to admit but on our last trip in Nassau we bought one multipack (six cakes)...of the small ones and one large original flavor...and I ate them ALL the day we got back. ALL seven of them. Ron did help, but not much, it was mostly me. I was PG is that an excuse??? :cutie:

:banana: Good luck tonite you lucky duck!!!!

:lmao:

If I can even keep my eyes open until midnight, I'll be in good shape. I've been up since 5:30 this morning! Midnight seemed like such a good idea about 6 hours ago, and now? I'm thinking we'll get Palo when we get Palo, the bed looks REALLY comfy...... :rotfl:

Eek...I think those are the days I was planning for tea and brunch too. :worried:

If I don't get my ressies, I'm blaming you! :laughing:

Don't worry; you have a whole morning and afternoon to choose from!

T-minus 45 minutes, and couting. I hope the caffiene holds out.

OMG Im busting a gut LOL over here.. P & J keep asking whats so funny... I cant tell them cuz well,... Ill be pimping them out too also carry cakes.. and RUM lmao. Ok Ill carry the cakes they can take the rum... what those suckers are heavy!

and Ya you 90 dayers better open up about your plans too so that us 1st timers that were too cheap to get the REAS package (I didnt do it... Disney Visa is already heavy LOL) Know whats leftover and how early to get to port to stand in line on board to change or GET palo, spa stuff etc.... LOL

GOOD LUCK Erica!!! we expect an update before you hit the rack letting us know what you got.. !pixiedust:

Well, there is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is that I did not completely freak out at 12:01, when the red type on the DCL website told me I could not book because my reservation was not paid in full. Instead, in disbelief, I refreshed the screen and discovered that the booking screen was indeed open, leading me to believe that I had fallen asleep momentarily and was having a nightmare.

We got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted.

The bad news? Well, it won't let us put Mat and Sarah in our Palo dining plans because their booking window is not open yet. How crappy is that? So I booked anyhow, figuring we can change it at the 90 day mark if need be.

You would think that my mostly-successful reservation fiasco would have my adrenaline pumping, but in truth I can barely move my hands to type anymore. Therefore I am off to bed. I'm sure I'll be chattier in the morning.

'night, DIS.

Well, there is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is that I did not completely freak out at 12:01, when the red type on the DCL website told me I could not book because my reservation was not paid in full. Instead, in disbelief, I refreshed the screen and discovered that the booking screen was indeed open, leading me to believe that I had fallen asleep momentarily and was having a nightmare.

We got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted.

The bad news? Well, it won't let us put Mat and Sarah in our Palo dining plans because their booking window is not open yet. How crappy is that? So I booked anyhow, figuring we can change it at the 90 day mark if need be.

You would think that my mostly-successful reservation fiasco would have my adrenaline pumping, but in truth I can barely move my hands to type anymore. Therefore I am off to bed. I'm sure I'll be chattier in the morning.

'night, DIS.

Glad you got everything you wanted!!!!! :thumbsup2

Glad you got everything...but sorry you have to come back at 90 to coordinate with Mat and Sarah. The 90 day ressies are gonna get down & dirty!

Doublecheck that Mat and Sarah have made their final payment. Once they have, you should be able to make reservations at Palo's for them as long as a) they're linked to your ressies b) they have tables left and c) you select someone from the 105 day booking window as the primary person on the reservation.

Glad you got everything...but sorry you have to come back at 90 to coordinate with Mat and Sarah. The 90 day ressies are gonna get down & dirty!

WOOHOO glad you got everything you wanted.. Sucks about not being able to add Sarah and Matt to the ressies

Jen so the 90'ers are gonna get down and dirty eh... wow wonder how pitaful the 75dayers are gonna be scrounging for ANYTHING left :rotfl2:

Hope it's not as bad as we had it for the PC repo... at 90 days... we crashed DCL's computers... some people were on for 5 hours watching the little fishies go round and round... (funny... DCL changed it to a swimming Mickey right after that... :rotfl2: )

Relax... we got just about everything we wanted including excursions.

Doublecheck that Mat and Sarah have made their final payment. Once they have, you should be able to make reservations at Palo's for them as long as a) they're linked to your ressies b) they have tables left and c) you select someone from the 105 day booking window as the primary person on the reservation.

And of course if you don't get it... get in line 1st day and add them to your ressie... that's the easiest way of doing it...

Hey Mozart....Joel is back... Coralia says hi....

Sorry Erica... we now return you to your TR!!! :goodvibes

That might be what the problem is....I know I was able to book one cruise at 90 days out as a CC member, and got a table for four with two non-CC members. I'll ask Sarah if final payment has been made yet! Good idea :)

We are linked - their names show up, but I can't select them. Hmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter