• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geeks go for broke! Updated 2/17: Wrap-up

Ok. We gave in to peer pressure and booked the REAS.
We book on Saturday night! :banana:

When I was talking to the agent, he said "ok, you should be able to book right now, just give it a few minutes for the reservation to go through. We should be at about 105 days out."

I replied, too quickly, "actually it's 109."

I am such a dork.

Yay for romance on the high seas! :lovestruc

Of course, part of me is panicked that now I only have five more days to decide WHEN to book Palo dinner! :confused: An overplanner's work is never done...

Ok. We gave in to peer pressure and booked the REAS.
We book on Saturday night! :banana:

When I was talking to the agent, he said "ok, you should be able to book right now, just give it a few minutes for the reservation to go through. We should be at about 105 days out."

I replied, too quickly, "actually it's 109."

I am such a dork.

Yay for romance on the high seas! :lovestruc

Of course, part of me is panicked that now I only have five more days to decide WHEN to book Palo dinner! :confused: An overplanner's work is never done...

Take a deep breath...you'll be fine. :)

I'm still tabbing my PassPorter! :rotfl2: It's so much fun! I took it to lunch at the Olive Garden with my DBF yesterday! I'll take it to dinner tonight! So much to read!!!! :)

You know what WASN'T on your to do list...warn ME that you had started your pre-trippie. Looks like i have some catching up to do.

It's also a little scary that there are people *coughmozart* who remember that I take 2 seconds to get ready. For the record. :bitelip:

Hmmm...Romantic Escape...there's a thought.

Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.

Um..i'm fairly certain that on THIS cruise, we can out schmoop you. We'll have 2 months of not seeing each other to make up for. :lovestruc

hmmm Im debating booking the REAS.... just to be able to book early... But with us doing days at the world and having to fly in and pre and post hotel.. bla bla bla.... E would kill me...

::: whispers::: but what he doesnt see on the credit card... cant hurt ME, RIGHT?:rolleyes1

More geeks checking in. We will also be cruising with you.

I am also an overplanner. Everyone I know makes fun of my affinity for lists. But, I'm the one that gets stuff done so, :p

Just something funny that may or may not be applicable (and may or may not be embarrassing). I also keep a notebook on the video games I'm playing. It's mostly because I often take long breaks in between because I get really busy, then I forget what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm getting a little nervous with everyone getting the REAS package. Don't take all my reservations!! I can't really justify getting it myself since most of the cost is because of the Spa stuff, which we wouldn't use.

Hello from Winter Springs! :)

I covet your Passporter and look forward to your trip report.

You know what WASN'T on your to do list...warn ME that you had started your pre-trippie. Looks like i have some catching up to do.

It's also a little scary that there are people *coughmozart* who remember that I take 2 seconds to get ready. For the record. :bitelip:

Um..i'm fairly certain that on THIS cruise, we can out schmoop you. We'll have 2 months of not seeing each other to make up for. :lovestruc

Hehehe....we'll have a schmoop-off! We'll have people vomiting overboard in no time.....

You should totally do the REAS.

hmmm Im debating booking the REAS.... just to be able to book early... But with us doing days at the world and having to fly in and pre and post hotel.. bla bla bla.... E would kill me...

::: whispers::: but what he doesnt see on the credit card... cant hurt ME, RIGHT?:rolleyes1

RIGHT! :thumbsup2

More geeks checking in. We will also be cruising with you.

I am also an overplanner. Everyone I know makes fun of my affinity for lists. But, I'm the one that gets stuff done so, :p

Just something funny that may or may not be applicable (and may or may not be embarrassing). I also keep a notebook on the video games I'm playing. It's mostly because I often take long breaks in between because I get really busy, then I forget what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm getting a little nervous with everyone getting the REAS package. Don't take all my reservations!! I can't really justify getting it myself since most of the cost is because of the Spa stuff, which we wouldn't use.

Someone I know, and I won't say who, *coughsilversaecough* also keeps a game notebook. But I won't mention names. ;)

Hello from Winter Springs! :)

I covet your Passporter and look forward to your trip report.

Hello Brena from Winter Springs! I often do my updates from our Starbucks :surfweb: If you bump in to me there, I might even let you touch my passporter. Maybe.

There is NOTHING wrong with this...nothing at all. You're just using your life skills at planning to help your video game life *grin*

and yes.. as Erica mentions...i too MIGHT also have such a thing...or two...:thumbsup2

There is NOTHING wrong with this...nothing at all. You're just using your life skills at planning to help your video game life *grin*

I would have to agree. However, most people seem to make fun of my 'planning' habits in general. I'm not sure I understand why. :confused3 I think the term OCD has been used once or twice (or more).

This was going to be a happy, bouncy post in which I was going to tell you that after a few days of wondering if they were every going to show up, my fish extender gifts finally arrived. I also sold my old underwater camera housing on ebay, which means we have some money to put toward the housing for our new camera.

But all of that is moot right now, for I just received this from Dreams Unlimited:

We have been notified by Disney Cruise Line that the itinerary for your September 27, 2008 sailing has been changed and no longer includes a stop in Costa Maya.

Below is your new itinerary:

Port Canaveral
Castaway Cay
Day at Sea
Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Day at Sea
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral

Disney Cruise Line informed us this change is due to the extensive damage to the port in Costa Maya that remains from last years Hurricane.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kelsie Johnson
Dreams Unlimited Travel
Cruise Concierge Team

Well, poop on a cracker. :worried:
Looks like I have some more reading to do this evening. Le sigh.

I have never heard that expression before and it literally made me laugh out loud and choke on the actual crackers (triscuits) that I am eating. :lmao:

I was more excited about the skunk reference: "Le sigh"

I don't see why everyone's so upset about the port change. More Planning to do! Isn't that always exciting? Just me? ok.

I like that expression!

I guess you had to move your tabs! I haven't gotten that far just yet so mine wasn't tabbed up!

Despite the change, I'm sure we'll still have an awesome time! :)

I think you should do it. Nothing more nauseating than a romantic trip for a young married couple except for a romantic trip for a young unmarried couple who haven't seen each other in 2 months.

Oh yeah...it's amazing the things I remember. I'm a brilliant guy.

:scared1: THE NIGHTMARE! ALL THE TRIP PLANNING YOU'VE DONE! ALL THE TABS YOU'VE CROSS-REFERENCED IN YOUR PASSPORTER.

And now you gotta do it all over again! (Well, for us OCD planners, that might not be a bad thing.)

At least they told you now and not after you hit the 105 day mark.

I don't see why everyone's so upset about the port change. More Planning to do! Isn't that always exciting? Just me? ok.

Oh, ITA!

While I am dissapointed we aren't going to CM...I am so excited we are now going to GC. It's almost like its a whole new cruise!!! :rotfl2:

Last I had heard, Costo Maya was wiped out from the Hurricanes last year, so going somewhere else is probably a good thing. I said to one of the PT's "oh yeah, that will go over like a lead balloon" and she looked at me like I had 3 heads....never heard that saying before. So now I will have to use the poop on a cracker and see what she says.

cheryl

I have never heard that expression before and it literally made me laugh out loud and choke on the actual crackers (triscuits) that I am eating. :lmao:

:rotfl2:
I think the original phrase is "crap on a cracker" but I think poop sounds better. Poop is my favorite exclamation when I am having a hard time with something. It keeps me from saying bad things in front of children ;)

I can't say I'm upset, just disappointed. One of the main reasons I wanted this cruise was to see the Mayan ruins. It's not the end of the world; it's just a place I have always wanted to visit and now I have to wait.

Stupid hurricane. :(

I like that expression!

I guess you had to move your tabs! I haven't gotten that far just yet so mine wasn't tabbed up!

Despite the change, I'm sure we'll still have an awesome time! :)

Last night I went out into the living room and plopped down on the sofa with my passporter and tabs. Lionel said "what are you doing?" and I said RESEARCH. I must have given him "the look" too, because he didn't ask me anything else!

I think you should do it. Nothing more nauseating than a romantic trip for a young married couple except for a romantic trip for a young unmarried couple who haven't seen each other in 2 months.

:lmao:

Mozart said:
:scared1: THE NIGHTMARE! ALL THE TRIP PLANNING YOU'VE DONE! ALL THE TABS YOU'VE CROSS-REFERENCED IN YOUR PASSPORTER.

And now you gotta do it all over again! (Well, for us OCD planners, that might not be a bad thing.)

At least they told you now and not after you hit the 105 day mark.

I'm so glad to know I am not the only person who cross-references tabs. :thumbsup2

I do have to admit, it's kind of fun planning again. And I am thankful that it happened NOW as opposed to later, but still.....would have been nice to have known a few months ago. I REALLY feel bad for the people of Costa Maya who are having to rebuild and miss all of these tourism dollars. Now we have no one to bring school supplies to!

Oh, ITA!

While I am dissapointed we aren't going to CM...I am so excited we are now going to GC. It's almost like its a whole new cruise!!! :rotfl2:

I think most of us know how to make the best of it. Besides, I'm sure they sell margaritas in Grand Cayman too, right? ;)

Last I had heard, Costo Maya was wiped out from the Hurricanes last year, so going somewhere else is probably a good thing. I said to one of the PT's "oh yeah, that will go over like a lead balloon" and she looked at me like I had 3 heads....never heard that saying before. So now I will have to use the poop on a cracker and see what she says.

cheryl

Haha! You have to tell me what she says. My favorite phrase of all time is "you can't swing a dead cat without hitting X" - I don't know what kind of person that makes me......:rolleyes1

A patient just told me this one.....her husband's boss said it....you can't polish a turd!!!:lmao:

I guess it's that kind of week....and ends today on Friday the 13th!!!

Have a great weekend.

cheryl

Erica, I'm so jealous! Grand Cayman is supposed to be so great - a double dip and GC at that price! :woohoo: Now I'm really, really sorry we changed our plans - but I'm really happy for you! I guess not seeing the ruins would be a disappointment. Should I be sad or happy for you? :confused3

A patient just told me this one.....her husband's boss said it....you can't polish a turd!!!:lmao:

I guess it's that kind of week....and ends today on Friday the 13th!!!

Have a great weekend.

cheryl

Nice! :rotfl:

Erica, I'm so jealous! Grand Cayman is supposed to be so great - a double dip and GC at that price! :woohoo: Now I'm really, really sorry we changed our plans - but I'm really happy for you! I guess not seeing the ruins would be a disappointment. Should I be sad or happy for you? :confused3

I think a little of both ;)
I have resigned myself to the fact that despite the change in plans, we ARE still going to have a fantastic time. I guess I can learn to live with the sparkling, crystal blue waters of the paradsise that is Grand Cayman.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter