Geeks go for broke! Updated 2/17: Wrap-up

.....and you're right...I think that Mozart is jealous that you are going 1st:goodvibes

che

My cruise is better than her cruise, though. :smokin:

Yes, I shall turn into a 6 year old and play the "I am rubber and you are glue" game if I have to.

P.S. Rethink Tulum if it's not on your list. That place is gorgeous.

Mozart...

(sorry to hijack Erica...)

Corrallia and Corrina are now having dinner with Joel...

However...

Cecelia... on the Magic.... :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Brunch and Dinner... she just spoiled us silly...

Remember that Erica...

Oh and with all the planning...

Just leave 90% of it home... That's my tip...

Oh and Erica...

We made PJ... Palo Manager... an honory Diser on the PC cruise... Lanyard and all...

Not that we aren't into sucking up or anything!!!

He was great... got us into everything and more... GO FOR BRUNCH!!!! It is to die for!!! And dinner... :lovestruc Tea was... you'll be disappointed if you've been to the GF tea, but the lemon Tiramisu was heavenly...

Hi Erica! We're on the next double-dip after you (10/25/08), so I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

This is my first experience with the deluxe version of the passporter, and I am so impressed!

I had my first experience with the deluxe passporter last fall when we did the parks and it was awesome! Now you've convinced me to go ahead and get the cruise version. Thanks!

Denise

Loved your last trip report! And was really excited to see this one:banana: And THANK YOU :worship: for putting in the picture and your recommendation of the deluxe passporter. I usually just buy the regular one.

LOVE the tabs in the picture!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that not everyone thinks I'm crazy, and some of you guys even like it! :rotfl:

Yesterday I emailed Sarah with my excursion ideas and today I got this response from Mat:

I love you. I really do.
But you are a crazy person. Really and truly. Just for the record.

They are laughing now, but when I get all of our reservations they'll be glad I'm a rabid overplanner, now, won't they? Mmmm, hmmmm.

:rotfl:

Chocolate ....pyramid....maybe you are on to something!!!!!

Glad to see you are writing now...wish we could sail away with you, but alas the 3 y.o. Russian speaking child would be overwhelmed with DH's behavior...remember the YMCA picture from my TR...

I will be anxiously awaiting more.......

.....and you're right...I think that Mozart is jealous that you are going 1st:goodvibes

che

Hehe, thanks Cheryl! We'll get to cruise together one day, the cruise Gods have said so.

We can't wait to sail with you too! Sounds like you, um, earned a reputation? :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

My cruise is better than her cruise, though. :smokin:

Yes, I shall turn into a 6 year old and play the "I am rubber and you are glue" game if I have to.

P.S. Rethink Tulum if it's not on your list. That place is gorgeous.

It sounds great, but......7.5 hours? Did it seem like a long time? Also, how was the boat ride, long? It got amazing reviews in the Passporter but we were a little nervous about the whole time thing. Have any pics? popcorn::

Mozart...

(sorry to hijack Erica...)

Corrallia and Corrina are now having dinner with Joel...

However...

Cecelia... on the Magic.... :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Brunch and Dinner... she just spoiled us silly...

Remember that Erica...

Oh and with all the planning...

Just leave 90% of it home... That's my tip...

Ok, most of that was just confusing but.....as far as leaving the 90% at home.....you DO know who you are talking to, right? ;) When I go on vacation, I have to pencil in relax time or I don't do it! :rotfl2:

Oh and Erica...

We made PJ... Palo Manager... an honory Diser on the PC cruise... Lanyard and all...

Not that we aren't into sucking up or anything!!!

He was great... got us into everything and more... GO FOR BRUNCH!!!! It is to die for!!! And dinner... :lovestruc Tea was... you'll be disappointed if you've been to the GF tea, but the lemon Tiramisu was heavenly...

Mmmmm, Palo. We've been to one brunch and one tea and enjoyed them both (with the exception of the multicolored trifle, which was ghastly). In fact we went on the same day, which we will never do again. Too much food to enjoy everything! But we will definitely book them both.

I STILL need to have tea at GF. *looks over at DH* "you reading this?"

Hi Erica! We're on the next double-dip after you (10/25/08), so I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

I had my first experience with the deluxe passporter last fall when we did the parks and it was awesome! Now you've convinced me to go ahead and get the cruise version. Thanks!

Denise

You are most welcome Denise! With luck, I will have my TR done before you sail, but my track record hasn't been so great lately.....

Loved your last trip report! And was really excited to see this one:banana: And THANK YOU :worship: for putting in the picture and your recommendation of the deluxe passporter. I usually just buy the regular one.

Thank you so much, you guys make me blush :goodvibes
My passporter is sitting next to me right now as I type. Every now and then I look over at it longingly. It's true.

Just a little quickie:

I have found the most awesome fish extender gifts EVER. DH is sitting next to me at our computer station, so I opened up the bookmarked page and said to him "are you ready to see our FE gifts?"
He looked over and nodded.
I opened the page and as it was loading said "wait for it, WAIT for it, WAIT FOR IT, aaaaaannnnnnnd THERE THEY ARE BEST FISH EXTENDER GIFTS EVER YAAAAAAYYYYYY!"

He blinked twice and replied "ok, those are fine" and went right back to playing his game.

:sad2:

It sounds great, but......7.5 hours? Did it seem like a long time? Also, how was the boat ride, long? It got amazing reviews in the Passporter but we were a little nervous about the whole time thing. Have any pics? popcorn::

The long part is that it's a two hour bus ride down each way. But the ruins...wow. I've got some pics that I'll have to scan in. We went on that excursion 6 years ago on Royal Caribbean. You get there and they take you on about a 45 minute tour or so, plus they have an area for swimming in the ocean there, and a small marketplace to do some shopping. The bus ride is brutal, though.

I STILL need to have tea at GF. *looks over at DH* "you reading this?"

Tell Lionel that if I can do it...

Tea.jpg

Mozart... I always knew you were a real man!!! :thumbsup2 Tea is just another reason to have really good snacks on good china!!!! and in your case... Champagne... YUM!!!

Just a little quickie:

I have found the most awesome fish extender gifts EVER. DH is sitting next to me at our computer station, so I opened up the bookmarked page and said to him "are you ready to see our FE gifts?"
I opened the page and as it was loading said "wait for it, WAIT for it, WAIT FOR IT, aaaaaannnnnnnd THERE THEY ARE BEST FISH EXTENDER GIFTS EVER YAAAAAAYYYYYY!"

He blinked twice and replied "ok, those are fine" and went right back to playing his game.

Sorry darling... I just whipped up 106 cool ties for the Disers on the PC Repo... but then again... we needed them... we wilted away on crossing day...

So just how good are you with a sewing machine?

Just a little quickie:

OMG!!!!! Now I'm SOOOO curious to what they are!!!! I have to get moving on FE gifts!!!!! :)

the Fury catamaran party (45 minutes on a rocking catamaran? with free drinks? that could go either way),

Erica,

After reading your previous PTR's & TR's, and giddily recognizing a bit (ok - a lot, if you must know...:rolleyes1 ) of myself in your personality/lifestyle (i.e., anal-retentive, alcoholic, obsessive planner, alcoholic, etc.), I highly recommend the above excursion!

My mom and I did the Fury Catamaran Sail & Snorkel on our Western cruise in Sept 2006, and OMG did we have a great time!!!

The Fury folks (awesome tour company :thumbsup2 ) met us at the pier and we hopped on the huge catamaran and sailed out to the snorkeling site. The reef had suffered some damage from hurricanes the previous year, so they took us out fairly deep to snorkel...as this was my first snorkeling experience, I wasn't crazy about the depth - I kept worrying about water getting in my snorkel and drowning...however, it was really cool and got even better when we reboarded the cat! Once you were finished and turned in your snorkel gear, the bar on board was open to you :dance3: !!

They had beer and awesome margaritas :stir: !! And, boy, do they keep them coming :thumbsup2 Once everyone is back onboard, they set sail for their private beach area (about 1/2 hour to 45 min away) with the music cranking and lots of dancing and partying on the cat! And the drinks keep flowing...::yes::

The private beach is cool and the way they bring the cat into shore is an experience in itself! There were lots of fun and interesting things to do at their beach (water trikes, kayaks, sand volleyball, floaties, etc.) and a bar! More margaritas anyone?? Mom and I were taking it easy - we just grabbed floaties and a margarita and floated about until we were called back in (early, because a HUGE black storm cloud was just on the horizon and working its ugly way toward us!)

Here was where the real fun began for us, and all I can say is thank goodness we had been imbibing all afternoon because the trip back would have :scared1: the he** out of me otherwise! About 5 or 10 minutes after we left the shore, the storm hit us HARD! There was wind, rain, lightening, hail, :eek: and margaritas! The Fury crew had to put on the snorkeling masks in order to drive the boat, but they kept the music playing, and the bars open! People were cowering under tables, wrapping themselves up in anything they could to protect their skin from the hail and wind-blown rain that felt like rocks/needles pounding your skin...but I just found a little cover by sitting under the front edge of the bar :rolleyes1 , wrapped up in my towel. Each time I got to the bottom of my cup, I just reached up to the bar and low and behold, when I brought it back down, it was full again!

Eventually, the storm blew on by, and folks crept out from their hiding spots back up onto the deck and began dancing and reliving the harrowing experience!

The Fury crew was unbelievable, and we tipped them VERY WELL at the end! We did have an unusual experience, but we had a blast! Those Fury folks know how to throw a party!!

The only minor snafu was that upon our return to Cozumel, where we had a few hours to explore before reboarding the Magic, was the fact that we were pretty annihilated from our party on the catamaran :laughing: We danced at Senor Frogs, ran the streets trying to find the good Louis Vuitton knock-offs, and then spent an inordinate amount of time trying to locate a "bano" to use! We were finally welcomed at a jewelry store, of all places, where they offered us free shots of tequila after our quick potty stop! Of course, we had to be polite, so it's actually a wonder we ever found our way back to the pier - on time no less...

Anyway,sorry so long - I intended to just say that it's a great excursion, but somehow felt compelled to share why...:rolleyes1

PS - Sadly, I lost my mom (and best-friend) :hug: very unexpectedly this past February, so maybe that's part of why I rambled on with this tale...

I am sure that whichever excursion you choose, you will make the most of it and have a ball! Enjoy!

Kris

OMG!!!!! Now I'm SOOOO curious to what they are!!!! I have to get moving on FE gifts!!!!! :)

ohhhh im excited.... and ya Amy your not alone.. I need to get started on mine too! OY... so much to do and only 17weeks to do it in LMAO

May_31_001-1.jpg

May_31_002-1.jpg

May_31_003-1.jpg

Crap, those came out pretty bad. On those last 3 I was on top of a 50 foot cliff and you can't really tell. Oh well.

I can definitely see you "guarding the keg" on the Fury catamaran too.

The long part is that it's a two hour bus ride down each way. But the ruins...wow. I've got some pics that I'll have to scan in. We went on that excursion 6 years ago on Royal Caribbean. You get there and they take you on about a 45 minute tour or so, plus they have an area for swimming in the ocean there, and a small marketplace to do some shopping. The bus ride is brutal, though.

Tell Lionel that if I can do it...

Tea.jpg

Ok, first, LOVE that picture. That is classic. :thumbsup2

And I love the scanned pics! It looks like a backdrop or something, and you are right......spectacular! Sadly, I don't know if we can get past the bus ride part. Lionel and I are both fairly prone to car sickness, especially on bumpy rides, and two hours is.......well, it kind of scares me.

But thank you for sharing! If we ever get iron tummies we will go back and take the Tulum tour ::yes::

Sorry darling... I just whipped up 106 cool ties for the Disers on the PC Repo... but then again... we needed them... we wilted away on crossing day...

So just how good are you with a sewing machine?

Oh dear. I made an awful sofa cover once. Does that count? Sofa covers for everyone! :rotfl:

FE gifts are ordered! I have to take a picture of all of them when they arrive but it will be so hard not to post it until we get back. Maybe I could post it right before we leave for the port.....nah......better not. Can't spoil the surprise! A little hint: it's not at all what you would expect from us.

Erica,

After reading your previous PTR's & TR's, and giddily recognizing a bit (ok - a lot, if you must know...:rolleyes1 ) of myself in your personality/lifestyle (i.e., anal-retentive, alcoholic, obsessive planner, alcoholic, etc.), I highly recommend the above excursion!

Kristin, thanks so much for sharing! Sounds like you had a blast despite the weather conditions. Alcohol always helps ::yes::
Though when I relayed your story to Lionel, he turned a little bit pale and said "NO." I said "but-" and he said "NO." Ah well.

Not much news on the planning front today, but I will be parking myself and hubby's laptop up at Starbucks a little later and plan to commence researching with a latte in hand. I'd go for something harder, but I have to work tomorrow. Someone's gotta pay for all these spa treatments I'm planning.

Another Erica and Lionel fan here!! :cool1: I have read your other trippies and thoroughly enjoyed them. I recently took my own cruise so now at least I know what you are talking about. Look forward to hearing about this cruise.

Also, may I comment on the Pina Coladas on board? Yes...., cool. They are the BEST I have ever had. I only wish I had discovered them sooner on the cruise. You can bet the next cruise you will find me at the pool with a PC everyday. :rotfl:

Another Erica and Lionel fan here!! :cool1: I have read your other trippies and thoroughly enjoyed them. I recently took my own cruise so now at least I know what you are talking about. Look forward to hearing about this cruise.

Also, may I comment on the Pina Coladas on board? Yes...., cool. They are the BEST I have ever had. I only wish I had discovered them sooner on the cruise. You can bet the next cruise you will find me at the pool with a PC everyday. :rotfl:

They are rather awesome Pina Coladas! The only thing better is when they blend in a little fruity swirl. Ok, can't say any more. I need to stop drooling on my husband's laptop.

Ok, since we started talking excursion possibilities I am coming back to the readers for some advice. Lionel is intrigued by the Dune Buggy Beach and Snorkel Combo excursion in Cozumel, while I am still leaning toward Punta Sur. Any advice? They are both about 4.5 hours, and both involve taking open air vehicles to a beach to snorkel. The dune buggies, however, cost $40 more per person. Which is fine if it's worth it. Anyone know if it's worth it?

In other news I spend a few hours last night looking at formals online, and I do not like what I see. What does a girl have to do to get a cocktail dress that doesn't make her look like a character from Laugh In?

Hey kiddos,

One quick post before the storm rolls in.

Guess what I just did?

Paid off the cruise!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

And that's a reason to celebrate???????????????????????

:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter