FYI Annual Pass Sales Halted

I’ve done the Orlando Informer meetup twice. We did one of their first and it was great, started with a presentation from one of Universal’s top creative guys. Number of people there quite low. The next one was much bigger and they started us in IOA, not quite as good as the first one. But def a huge value compared to Disney After Hours. Both event catered - I understand a bit different now, but I assume still all you can drink butter beer. 😋

And if you’ve never done Discovery Cove our December day was much better than all our hot weather days. The lagoons don’t feel cold at all when the air is cooler.

Yep, still all the butterbeer you can drink. DH asked if i wanted to go again in June and i told him I'd rather wait til next Dec to get the hot butterbeer. 😂 the hot is my favorite. I did learn the hard way not to drink 3 butterbeers and then go on forbidden journey.

Your meet up experience sounds like the MNSSHP we went to in 1997 - only on halloween night, and so empty we rode BTMRR 4 times without getting off. In 1998 they added a second night, and the rest is history.

It's been maybe 10 years since we did discovery cove, so that might be an option. I'm such a wimp, though - i usually won't go in unless the water is in the 80s and the air temp is 80s or 90s. I'm cold when it's 80 out. I'm turning into my grandmother. 😅

We actually have busch gardens williamsburg and water country APs right now (it's why i thought to check sea world, to see if we should upgrade to the pass that gets you into all the parks). It was cheaper to buy the APs than get a 3 day pass last spring. We used to live there so went all the time, and we still enjoy it, but i think a lot is nostalgia.

Yep, still all the butterbeer you can drink. DH asked if i wanted to go again in June and i told him I'd rather wait til next Dec to get the hot butterbeer. 😂 the hot is my favorite. I did learn the hard way not to drink 3 butterbeers and then go on forbidden journey.

Your meet up experience sounds like the MNSSHP we went to in 1997 - only on halloween night, and so empty we rode BTMRR 4 times without getting off. In 1998 they added a second night, and the rest is history.

It's been maybe 10 years since we did discovery cove, so that might be an option. I'm such a wimp, though - i usually won't go in unless the water is in the 80s and the air temp is 80s or 90s. I'm cold when it's 80 out. I'm turning into my grandmother. 😅

We actually have busch gardens williamsburg and water country APs right now (it's why i thought to check sea world, to see if we should upgrade to the pass that gets you into all the parks). It was cheaper to buy the APs than get a 3 day pass last spring. We used to live there so went all the time, and we still enjoy it, but i think a lot is nostalgia.

I had done Discovery Cove about 4 times in the summer/Sept time frame. OH THAT WATER was so hard to get in and out of but DS loves to snorkel. Whole family was going down mid December for holiday week at Bonnet Creek - DD was doing DCP and not scheduled to come home for Christmas. Got a great $99 Resort rate at DC so we went. I was so afraid because it was chilly out. Guess what - just like staff had told me the air temp being cooler made the water feel just fine. No issues going in and out. The wetsuits really help too. We had a great day of leisure and won't hesitate to go back in winter.

Yes, I think DS and I went to the first Meetup. I was even getting emails direct from the guy who owns Orlando Informer. Impressive young man. It was only in UO, catered food all throughout Diagon Alley on wood carts. Def a private event feel. Second one both parks were open and we were assigned to enter in IOA. Food not set up quite as nice but it was fine.

With the price of Disney's After Hours for the short amount of time - OI Meetup is a great value! I looked at this summer's - looks to be a great deal.

In the end, we've decided to make lemonade out of our No-AP lemons, and try some new things and places. We booked the MK Christmas after hours, and the new Cirque du Soleil show, which should hopefully satisfy our disney bug. We're going to book sea world on a fireworks night, and look into kennedy space center and discovery cove. We'll play a few days by ear and maybe do things like air boat rides or state parks. If we really feel like we're missing out, we'll buy a 1 or 2 day disney ticket, but i don't think we will. In the end, we may spend as much on other tickets as we would have at disney, but we'll get to experience places that are new to us or where we haven't been for a while. So, it'll be different than what we were expecting, but hopefully great.

Seaworld is actually really fun too for a day away from disney
We just bought Seaworld Fun Cards (and I have an AP for parking and discounts). Between Seaworld Christmas, their kid-friendly Spooktackular, and the Seven Seas Food Festival, we will get our money's worth. The kids (age 3 and 5) love their Sesame Street land, but were too young to fully appreciate Universal.

Last edited:

I have the Seaworld pass that gets you into all parks and it has been amazing. My family had Fun Cards to Busch Gardens Williamsburg last year and Seaworld this coming year. We used my pass for the parking (preferred when available), 20% food discount (even on the Bierfest sampler), and 50% merchandise discount...got a $30 T-shirt for $15 (I think they are reducing the discount to 40% though). I get free photo downloads all year at my home park (Seaworld Orlando), 3 free guest tickets in September, 2 free guest tickets in October (they have certain times a year they distribute them), a neat-looking silicone cup in September, and $10 Seaworld bucks in October. I feel like such a VIP at Seaworld/Busch Gardens.

So, is this for the out of state APs too? I was just about to buy an AP this week. Thanks alot, Disney!

Yep. We're in VA. No APs available for out of state. For a while the cheapest FL resident AP was the only one still available, but I've seen mixed reports on that, and haven't checked it out myself since I'm out of state.

I have the Seaworld pass that gets you into all parks and it has been amazing. My family had Fun Cards to Busch Gardens Williamsburg last year and Seaworld this coming year. We used my pass for the parking (preferred when available), 20% food discount (even on the Bierfest sampler), and 50% merchandise discount...got a $30 T-shirt for $15 (I think they are reducing the discount to 40% though). I get free photo downloads all year at my home park (Seaworld Orlando), 3 free guest tickets in September, 2 free guest tickets in October (they have certain times a year they distribute them), a neat-looking silicone cup in September, and $10 Seaworld bucks in October. I feel like such a VIP at Seaworld/Busch Gardens.
Their Christmas stuff is great. Was just there today.
Especially the Skating Show.

I am seeing a few posts in this thread where people are going to try different/new things. Disney needs to be careful here or they will end up losing a lot of long term guests.
People are still going to spend their vacation dollars but if they cannot get a park reservation for the day they want to go or get the ticket type they want they will go elsewhere. Even those with top tier APs are being blocked out of certain dates. Disney seems to be spending the goodwill/nostalgia they have built up over the years. Neither of these is bottomless. I know my family gave up on Disney vacations after our last trip.

I am seeing a few posts in this thread where people are going to try different/new things. Disney needs to be careful here or they will end up losing a lot of long term guests.
People are still going to spend their vacation dollars but if they cannot get a park reservation for the day they want to go or get the ticket type they want they will go elsewhere. Even those with top tier APs are being blocked out of certain dates. Disney seems to be spending the goodwill/nostalgia they have built up over the years. Neither of these is bottomless. I know my family gave up on Disney vacations after our last trip.
I know what you're saying, I really do. But if you look at it the other way, and the reason they're stopping sales and capping park entries is because they're selling so many right now (during unusual times), it doesn't seem to indicate, at least for the short term, they're having trouble getting people to buy tickets and go to the parks.

I know what you're saying, I really do. But if you look at it the other way, and the reason they're stopping sales and capping park entries is because they're selling so many right now (during unusual times), it doesn't seem to indicate, at least for the short term, they're having trouble getting people to buy tickets and go to the parks.
While true I am still betting a lot of the reason it's so busy is from those who are making up for canceled vacations. With the way the economy is going right now I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop in attendance next year.

Yup, I just got the Kennedy Space Center annual pass with the black friday sale.
And I already have the Universal Annual pass.

I was literally going to buy a Disney AP last week but they shut it down so will not be frequenting Disney that often.

Eger/Chapek/Disney is killing the Golden Goose and the loyal Disney fans who have supported them for decades.

Yup, I just got the Kennedy Space Center annual pass with the black friday sale.
And I already have the Universal Annual pass.

I was literally going to buy a Disney AP last week but they shut it down so will not be frequenting Disney that often.

Eger/Chapek/Disney is killing the Golden Goose and the loyal Disney fans who have supported them for decades.
I can't love your post enough. As a person who loves all amusement parks I love that people are finally giving some of these other parks a chance.

SeaWorld's Cyber Monday sale for all their parks is very attractive!!!

The Fun Card (does have block out dates) is SeaWorld & Aquatica
now through the end of 2022 for $85. 🐬

Last edited:
Disney warned of this even before they released the new APs. We basically purchased ours on the day they were released because we were concerned that they'd stop selling within days.
WDW is all about maximizing profit right now, so there will be no more APs in the foreseeable future. The stock price has gone down, their holiday movie Encanto has failed at the box office, Disney + is not performing as well as they had expected. The CEO has made it clear that he doesn't think AP holders spend as much money as 1 time guests, so they are trying to increase ticket returns by reducing revisits without a separate ticket. The magic is gone.

Count me as another who will be trying out other options, since I won't be able to upgrade our tickets to APs when we go to WDW for Christmas. Just bought my Seaworld Fun Cards, and will probably check out the new Peppa Pig theme park at Legoland (my kids are 5 and obsessed with Peppa). We might buy Universal annual passes, too. We have 2 more trips to Orlando planned in 2022 (largely because I had pre-pandemic airline credits that were expiring, and I still don't want to travel internationally due to all the restrictions/ testing requirements). But I just don't think WDW is so much better than all the other options that I'm willing to pay a huge premium to go there (and then get nickeled and dimed for every little thing).

WDW is all about maximizing profit right now, so there will be no more APs in the foreseeable future. The stock price has gone down, their holiday movie Encanto has failed at the box office, Disney + is not performing as well as they had expected. The CEO has made it clear that he doesn't think AP holders spend as much money as 1 time guests, so they are trying to increase ticket returns by reducing revisits without a separate ticket. The magic is gone.
While true I am still betting a lot of the reason it's so busy is from those who are making up for canceled vacations. With the way the economy is going right now I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop in attendance next year.

Oh I completely expect to see travel drops in 2022. Alot of people already had funds tied up in vacations and even if they could back figured they deserved to go and have some fun after a year plus of nothing, but the economy issues are catching up fast for many. Also many aren't really planning future vacation in the same way since there is so much unknown, vacation planning will revert more to last min type stuff based on funds and what is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter