Funny thing a couple CM's said to me about AAA rates this evening

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
Hi,

This is the first time that I've ever had a CM say that a discount (AAA rate)is guaranteed to come out.

We all know that AAA discounts are usually a pretty sure thing to get released each year, but I have never heard a CM tell me this. When I called to make my Dec/Jan reservation and asked about AAA rates she they always come out the summer for the next years reservations.

So if we want to book for the first week of January, we should wait until this summer to get the AAA rates?

We're hoping to go around the same time that you'll be there, but we planned to arrive on January 1.

If you are looking for a room only discount, you can book your room now and when the AAA discounts are released, call and have the discount applied. :flower:

Thanks. I'm assuming that the best way to go though is to book a package deal. Am I correct in assuming that?

We're going to Europe in a few weeks, so I'm not planning on booking anything until we get back from that trip. And obviously I want to save the most amount of money possible...on the room and tickets, but also want to really enjoy everything.

MagicKingdom05 said:
Hi,

This is the first time that I've ever had a CM say that a discount (AAA rate)is guaranteed to come out.

We all know that AAA discounts are usually a pretty sure thing to get released each year, but I have never heard a CM tell me this. When I called to make my Dec/Jan reservation and asked about AAA rates she they always come out the summer for the next years reservations.
From my understanding, since AAA has such a large membership and offers travel services, after Disney releases it pricing for the next year, it also negotiates the discounted rates that AAA can offer for that next year.

In other words, Disney releases its rack rates first, negotiates with AAA, and then the AAA discounted room-only rates are released - for the entire year.

So yes, AAA rates are guaranteed to come out. There are usually black out dates, like Christmas time; and of course, a certain number of rooms at each resort would be available for AAA discounts.

the other thing that i understand about AAA rates is that they may not be available for certain resorts if the resort is already booked more than 90%.
I tried getting AAA rates for the beach club back in august for april right when they came out. They only had rates for conceirge. I kept at it for 3 months and got the same answer everytime...the resort was probably near capacity therefore no AAA rates on normal rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter