Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessJasmine1972 said:
I can relate to this one..I was trying to talk to my relative who lives in FL and she SWEARS that WDW is JUST the MK... :confused3

Or how about the people who swear they went to all 4 Disney parks...."Magic Kingdom, the one with the animals, Universal, and Sea World"!!! :rotfl2:

CDoobee said:
Or how about the people who swear they went to all 4 Disney parks...."Magic Kingdom, the one with the animals, Universal, and Sea World"!!! :rotfl2:

LOL...people who have been there before actually do that? I can see someone like me who's never evne been to FL doing that..lol... sad news is...my relative HAS been to Disney MORE than once... however I am relying on the info I am reading here at the DIS to plan my 1st trip in September 2007.. :)

CDoobee said:
Those are the same people that walk into a McDs and order a Whopper or BK and order a Big Mac. :smokin: (used to get that waaaaaaay back in the teenage days)

The funniest or possibly saddest thing I overhead was a dad dragging his son along by his hand saying "But it's fun!" And the child (about 6 years old I think?) said 'But I'm tiiiiiiired of having fun!" Poor thing. It was funny though as we were childless at the time. Now if we heard it we would be sad.

Okay - had one happen today that I had to share. Like a lot of others, not at Disney (wish I was!), but about Disney. I was talking to my mom on the phone and told her that we'd decided on a trip to Disney next summer. Of course she immediately told me how hot and crowded it would be, and then started talking about the trip she took with my dad about a year and a half ago (late Jan 05) and how uncrowded it was. She started to tell me (again! - but I always like to talk about Disney) about the morning they spent at the Magic Kingdom. The story went like this:

"Well, first of all we went to the big roller coaster. Dad didn't like that so much so we decided to go to Magic-Kingdom-land instead. We went on Snow White there and then the new Toad ride. Then we went on Haunted Mansion and went over to the other side of the park. There we went on those 2 big rides - the one that splashes and the rickety one. Finally, the only one we waited for at all, I think 20 minutes, was the Jungle Book one - you know, the one with the boats?"

Meanwhile I'm not correcting her or even laughing because I'm scrambling madly to find a paper and pencil to write down what she's saying to share on this board! I know a lot of people get the names wrong, but I just thought so many wrong at once was funny. Sorry, I haven't heard of Magic-Kingdom-land before! :rotfl:

Hehe I've enjoyed reading these!!

I must say though, I'm glad me and DBF are Welsh first language so no lurking DISers will be able to comprehend our silliness :rotfl:

the ones about mk being disneyworld are really funny - we hear it everytime we go, whether it be on the plane or the bus or even in the parks..it always makes us laugh, but the funniest thing i ever heard was these 3 teenage boys outside of spaceship earth talking about whether they wanted to ride it or not because they just ate lunch and were afraid that when it turns you upside down they might get sick!!! :rotfl: i couldnt even tell them what the ride was like i was laughing so hard.. :rotfl2:

marciemi said:
Okay - had one happen today that I had to share. Like a lot of others, not at Disney (wish I was!), but about Disney. I was talking to my mom on the phone and told her that we'd decided on a trip to Disney next summer. Of course she immediately told me how hot and crowded it would be, and then started talking about the trip she took with my dad about a year and a half ago (late Jan 05) and how uncrowded it was. She started to tell me (again! - but I always like to talk about Disney) about the morning they spent at the Magic Kingdom. The story went like this:

"Well, first of all we went to the big roller coaster. Dad didn't like that so much so we decided to go to Magic-Kingdom-land instead. We went on Snow White there and then the new Toad ride. Then we went on Haunted Mansion and went over to the other side of the park. There we went on those 2 big rides - the one that splashes and the rickety one. Finally, the only one we waited for at all, I think 20 minutes, was the Jungle Book one - you know, the one with the boats?"

Meanwhile I'm not correcting her or even laughing because I'm scrambling madly to find a paper and pencil to write down what she's saying to share on this board! I know a lot of people get the names wrong, but I just thought so many wrong at once was funny. Sorry, I haven't heard of Magic-Kingdom-land before! :rotfl:

That is a cute story. I am assuming that she went to Disneyland in CA??? She said the toad ride, so that's what makes me think this?

Tiffer said:
That is a cute story. I am assuming that she went to Disneyland in CA??? She said the toad ride, so that's what makes me think this?

No - actually they went to WDW! That's why I thought it was funny. She still remembers when it was Mr. Toad back when we went when I was a kid and knew there was something new there now (Pooh) but still called it the new Toad ride!

korzmom said:
the ones about mk being disneyworld are really funny - we hear it everytime we go, whether it be on the plane or the bus or even in the parks..it always makes us laugh, but the funniest thing i ever heard was these 3 teenage boys outside of spaceship earth talking about whether they wanted to ride it or not because they just ate lunch and were afraid that when it turns you upside down they might get sick!!! :rotfl: i couldnt even tell them what the ride was like i was laughing so hard.. :rotfl2:

i don't know why but when i went to Epcot in 2002 after not having been there in about five years, i was CONVINCED that it was a very fast ride that went upside down! i swore by it! boy did i feel foolish :rolleyes:

Not WDW (but if it sticks in the back of your mind, you'll giggle when you hear the song at WDW, LOL) but I was listening to some Disney music and had a flashback to high school. One of my best friends through high school had her own version of "Part of Your World" that she thought was how it really went for the longest time.

The line, "bright young women, sick of swimmin'. . ." she thought (and used to sing proudly) "pregnant women, sick of swimmin'. . ."

I don't mind it TOO MUCH when people refer to the MK as "Disney World" because originally the MK was the only park at Disney World so for some old timers MK=Disney World.

I wonder what we'll call MGM when they drop the MGM name. How long will we still call it MGM? Heck, I still have a hard time typing Epcot instead of EPCOT.

David R said:
I wonder what we'll call MGM when they drop the MGM name. How long will we still call it MGM? Heck, I still have a hard time typing Epcot instead of EPCOT.

I tend to use "MGM" and "the Studios" interchangeably. I bet there will always be people calling it "MGM" . . . everyone else though? Don't know. To me "Disney Studios" sounds almost redundant, LOL. Probably why I just go with "the Studios"

korzmom said:
the funniest thing i ever heard was these 3 teenage boys outside of spaceship earth talking about whether they wanted to ride it or not because they just ate lunch and were afraid that when it turns you upside down they might get sick!!! :rotfl: i couldnt even tell them what the ride was like i was laughing so hard.. :rotfl2:

My daughter's friend's family recently came back from their first WDW trip. I was asking them what all they did, and when I asked if they rode SpaceShip Earth they said, "Oh NO! We don't like roller coasters!" :guilty: Why do people think it's a roller coaster? It couldn't be farther from it.

I did tell them what SpaceShip Earth is like and now they have a reason to make another trip to Disney...to experience it.

(I think they're HOOKED! :woohoo: )

MyGoofy26 said:
I bet there will always be people calling it "MGM" . . . everyone else though?

We still refer to it as "MGM" - probably always will be for us. :teeth:

:rotfl2:

I'll never be able to listen to this song the same way again!

MyGoofy26 said:
One of my best friends through high school had her own version of "Part of Your World" that she thought was how it really went for the longest time.

The line, "bright young women, sick of swimmin'. . ." she thought (and used to sing proudly) "pregnant women, sick of swimmin'. . ."

i dont know if this is funny to anyone except me, but my family and i were on BTMRR and my dad thought he was yelling YEEHAW but instead yelled YICKYDOO! and we looked at each other and cracked up, and he had no idea what he had just said .. we say it all the time at home now

and then on small world, i was telling my sisters about a book i read (The Kingdom Keepers, its great!) and about how the dolls in small world come to life and attack the boat .. and a little girl about three was in front of us, and when i said it she stared at us with her mouth hanging open .. then we heard her whisper 'grandma, are these dolls real?!'

so many others but i never remember anything! i wish i could, i should write things down ...

amanDUHx9 said:
i dont know if this is funny to anyone except me, but my family and i were on BTMRR and my dad thought he was yelling YEEHAW but instead yelled YICKYDOO! and we looked at each other and cracked up, and he had no idea what he had just said .. we say it all the time at home now

and then on small world, i was telling my sisters about a book i read (The Kingdom Keepers, its great!) and about how the dolls in small world come to life and attack the boat .. and a little girl about three was in front of us, and when i said it she stared at us with her mouth hanging open .. then we heard her whisper 'grandma, are these dolls real?!'

so many others but i never remember anything! i wish i could, i should write things down ...

Thats actually a really cute story i would have loved to see the look on that little girls face!

amanDUHx9 said:

that is soooo funny! i love it! :lmao:

:rotfl2: thats my ds 15 nightmare..he hates that ride.

These are all so funny! I've been telling the "White Power (Ranger)" story to everyone! I can't stop laughing!

I started reading this thread before our trip, so I made sure to listen carefully around WDW.

Outside Haunted Mansion (next to Leota's Tombstone)

Son (a bit scared)- Dad, that thing just moved!
Dad (not really looking)-It's made of stone and metal, it did not move.
Son-I swear Dad, it moved!
Dad-You're just scared of going on the ride, you're imagining things.
(then Dad turns around in time to see Leota's eyes open, jumps about 10 feet off the ground, screams in a little girl voice "HOLY SH** she moved!")
Son-(nearly falls over laughing) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter