Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three funny things overheard last week...

At the Tower of Terror, we hear a woman with obvious and immediate panic in her voice say "Big drop? I thought you told me this was another Disney hotel!"

We were joining the line for the Carousel of Progress and heard a man explain to his son that they were waiting for the little cars that travel around the park (must have had TTA confused with COP) and telling him all the things that they were going to see. The whole time the son keeps trying to say "Dad, I don't think that's right..." but the father keeps interrupting his son. The really funny part? They were actually waiting in an outrageously long line to meet Buzz Lightyear, which was right next to COP (which had no line incidentally).

And finally, an older Southern couple was in the store in China looking at the scarves and wraps. The man picked up a lace wrap/shawl and said "Well how are you supposed to wear this thing? It's all see through!" A salesperson comes over and he asks her about it. She tells him it's a shawl. He carefully and poorly pronounces it as if speaking to someone who doesn't speak English. "S-h-a-w-l? I don't know what you're saying." The poor salesperson didn't quite know what to say so she repeated it and sort of nodded. The man then says "So people just wear see through clothes over there? I mean, it's beautiful but that don't seem right!" The salesperson explains that it's worn over other clothes. The man turns around and yells across the store to his wife "Honey, come look at this chinese thing! Don't worry, you wear it over your clothes!" DH and I could barely contain ourselves.

This example was just sort of funny, but I bet those poor salespeople get some questions that are downright offensive!

This one killed me.........

We were sitting on a wall right outside the character meet in Morocco directly across from Marrakesh restaurant waiting out some of the rain. This young couple with a small child walks up and Mom is carrying the child. Dad is standing with the stroller. Mom walks into Marrakesh and comes out minutes later, her face in complete shock and almost a bit of disgust. She says to Dad "that is a MOROCCAN restaurant with spicy food. I'm not eating there. Lets go over to America and see whats to eat there." :lmao: :rotfl: I laughed so hard. What did she think was in Morocco anyways?!?

CDoobee said:
I'm not sure if it's the funniest, but maybe the stupidest, and it came out of MY mouth!! Actually, my family thinks it's pretty funny and can't stop teasing me about it. Every trip since, no matter who is with me, they've heard the story and have to see where it happened!
In June, 2002, I was at WDW with just my then-17 year old DS. We had never seen AKL, so decided to go there on our arrival night, to check out the hotel, eat dinner at Mara, and go see some animals. As we were standing outside TRYING to see animals (it was already dark, plus I'm near-sighted and had forgotten my glasses!), I decided to look around at the balconies. I then made the STUPID comment, "Hey, look! Isn't that weird? There are people on every balcony and they are ALL skinny and have little heads!" To which my DS replied, "Mom....those are poles...".

I'm near-sighted too and could never go anywhere without glasses I'm that blind, but your comment got me laughing so hard my noses is running!!!

Apr 1986 - offsite
Sept 2002 - POR
Apr 2003 - Disneyland (daytrip)
Aug 2003 - Disneyland (daytrip)
Mar 2005 - Disneyland (daytrip)
Sept 2006 - offsite

Only 16 more days until our WDW Trip!!! :tinker:

Ok - even though this didn't happen at WDW it relates to it. My son and I were watching Behind the Scenes at WDW which was on yesterdayon the Travel Channel. They were showing clips from the Grand Opening in 1971 and my son got all excited and says - "Look mommy - It's Snow White and the Seven Twerps!"

It was about fifteen minutes before I could finally pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard.

Juliegirl1 said:
Ok - even though this didn't happen at WDW it relates to it. My son and I were watching Behind the Scenes at WDW which was on yesterdayon the Travel Channel. They were showing clips from the Grand Opening in 1971 and my son got all excited and says - "Look mommy - It's Snow White and the Seven Twerps!"

It was about fifteen minutes before I could finally pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard.
:rotfl2:Now I'm laughing. That's so cute.:lmao:

Okay - also related but didn't happen at WDW - My MIL was commenting about seeing the Behind the Scenes shows on the Travel Channel the day before and she was just amazed at "Ab-cok". :crazy: I just happened to be looking in DH's direction when she said it and he sortof jumped. I got so tickled I could not stop laughing. I couldn't even say Epcot correctly for a few minutes - I had to spell it to her. Um, she got mad. Oh well - we'll never be able to say Epcot again without thinking of her. :rotfl2:

jennyl772003 said:
DS and I had just gotten off of Star Tours when we heard a little 3, maybe 4 year old girl. You need to imagine all of the attitude a little girl can have, add some head bobs and hand gestures and here goes

"Ididnotlikethatrideonebitthatrideisnotforkidsidon'tknowwhytheywouldsaythatrideisforkidscuzitisnotjustbecauseakidistallenoughtoridethisdoesnotmeankidsshouldridethisthisrideisdefinitalynotforkidsIcan'tbeleivetheysaythisrideisforkids..."

Her dad just kept nodding his head and walking.

Could I ask what year this was because it really sounds like my daughter.

Cindy

Heard at MK during our trip last week between a father and his son about 5 while entering Fantasyland:

Son: Dad, are we in Disney World yet?

Father: Yes son, we are.

Son: Where did we just come from?

Father: I think that was Main Street.

It was probably funnier in person as the father was dead serious. :rotfl2:

Also, at Typhoon Lagoon during the normal 30 minute thunderstorms DS13 and I just sat out waiting for the rain to stop and did some people watching and couldn't beleive the amount of people who put their ponchos over their wet bathing suits. While we were sitting on the stumps outside the locker rooms, staying what I thought was a safe distance away from the METAL lockers because there was lightning when a mother told all of her kids (all under age 8) to stand right next to the lockers because it was thundering and lightning and that was the safest place to be in the park and to wait there until she got done changing into dry clothes. :confused3

couple years ago we were having dinner someplace in DTD and I ordered a glass of zinfedel wine. My MiL said to the waiter, "I'd like a glass of infidel wine also, please." :rotfl:

msinformation said:
We were joining the line for the Carousel of Progress and heard a man explain to his son that they were waiting for the little cars that travel around the park (must have had TTA confused with COP) and telling him all the things that they were going to see. The whole time the son keeps trying to say "Dad, I don't think that's right..." but the father keeps interrupting his son. The really funny part? They were actually waiting in an outrageously long line to meet Buzz Lightyear, which was right next to COP (which had no line incidentally).

I used to work at COP and you would be amazed at how many people walked inside, sat down, and then after I said it was a 20 minute show, they would say "this isn't the blue train going around?" I heard it at least once a day!

Al and Kate's Mom said:
Here's one from a LONG time ago. My family and I were riding the monorail, and the announcer had a very southern accent, very similar to my own. A couple behind us (I THINK they were French) was laughing at the guy, with the husband "translating" to his wife by saying "that's Southern for...". I was a smarty-pants teenager at the time, and about the 10th time he did this, I turned around and said "Kiss my a**, that's Southern for Kiss my a**". Everyone around us burst out laughing, except my DD and DM...they got mad at the time, but they still tell that story to this day. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As a fellow Southerner, you rock my socks!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2

Okay, so here's my story:

We were on the bus heading to the Grand Floridian from MGM. Across from us sit two older teenagers and what I assume was their parents. Their Mom had begun talking about Walt Disney and how creative he was, etc. That's when the teenage daughter interrupts:

Daughter: Mom, Walt Disney didn't have anything to do with this park.

Mom: I think he did.

Daughter: No, mom. Walt Disney only made Disneyland in California. He didn't do anything for this park.

The mom, being wise beyond her years, said nothing and let the conversation go. Obviously, she's had some experience in that area. :rotfl:

Of course, one of my favorites occured recently in Splash Mountain. The ride stopped and there was a "traffic jam" near the exit. While waiting, the standard announcement was given. Stay in your seats, ride begins momentarily, yada yada.

So, we sat and waited and apparently, someone was getting antsy somewhere within the ride. That's when we hear a cast member come over the speaker and say, "Sir, please don't rock your log."

My friends and I laughed all the way out of Frontierland about that one.

blondeheroine said:
Of course, one of my favorites occured recently in Splash Mountain. The ride stopped and there was a "traffic jam" near the exit. While waiting, the standard announcement was given. Stay in your seats, ride begins momentarily, yada yada.

So, we sat and waited and apparently, someone was getting antsy somewhere within the ride. That's when we hear a cast member come over the speaker and say, "Sir, please don't rock your log."

:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Juliegirl1 said:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom
Here's one from a LONG time ago. My family and I were riding the monorail, and the announcer had a very southern accent, very similar to my own. A couple behind us (I THINK they were French) was laughing at the guy, with the husband "translating" to his wife by saying "that's Southern for...". I was a smarty-pants teenager at the time, and about the 10th time he did this, I turned around and said "Kiss my a**, that's Southern for Kiss my a**". Everyone around us burst out laughing, except my DD and DM...they got mad at the time, but they still tell that story to this day.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

apulk said:
And what about everyone's favorite....you are walking up Main Street starting a fun filled day at the MK and you overhear someone in the family next to you saying "we're going to be in Disney World today but we will do Epcot tomorrow." Even our 6 year old loves to hear that one. :rockband:

I can relate to this one..I was trying to talk to my relative who lives in FL and she SWEARS that WDW is JUST the MK... :confused3

My DDs were pin trading in MGM Studios with a cast member. My DD gave up a princess pin for something I don't remember now. The cast member said, "I always get princess pins, I must be a princess." He was a 6'3" man. I started laughing and said, "We won't tell anyone you said that in public."

I can relate to this one..I was trying to talk to my relative who lives in FL and she SWEARS that WDW is JUST the MK...

I can relate to that because when I went to WDW for the first time Magic Kingdom WAS Walt Disney World. Anybody who went back in those early days probably still has that idea in their heads. Because I'm an addict, I don't usually make that mistake anymore, but I can see why people do.

There have been a few but one takes the cake for me.

This past February while standing in the resort bus line @ MK a woman starts a conversation with myself, my mom, my son and my niece. She said to my mom "Wow, your kids ages are all so spread out". My mom then quickly explained "This is my daughter and my 2 grandchildren". The woman instead of minding her own business and looking at my 9 year old niece said to me (insert info: I was 25 at the time and my son 5 so yes I am fairly young with a child but not insanely young). Were you in middle school when you had her? I burst out laughing and she looked very puzzled. I told her this is my NIECE. She then said what year in high school are you? I about died. I said " If you must know, I was out of high school for 2 years when I had my son". She then apologized and told me I should be thankful I look so young. UGH--thanks lady. How about open mouth insert foot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter