Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
IStoleMyKidsPins said:
I assumed he was going to "correct" her. Well, he did, sorta: "That's not Blizzard Beach. It's the the Swiss Alps".

Hhhhahahh that reminds me of a funny story.

My DGF lives on Cape Cod in Falmouth. Well from one of the Beaches you can see Martha's Vineyard (its an island, for those who don't know).... Well we were sitting on the beach and a family was walking buy and the Father said
"WOW. I can't believe you can see England from here!!" I immediately turned around and looked at this guy... expecting him or his wife to start laughing... She replied "Thats not England that is an Island, its Rhode Island...." Then they just kept walking. Has to be the funniest and the saddest thing I have ever heard in my life

Some of your stories have been hysterical! Keep 'em coming! I'm bumping and adding a tale of my own.

This didn't happen in WDW, but oh it has to do with it! Explaining WDW to someone who's never been there is one of the hardest things to do because people do not understand it's 47 square miles! My DBF and I are planning a trip and while I was reading one of these threads today he saw a picture of someone's room view from the Contemporary. I scrolled past and he goes "no, no, go back!" So I go back and sit for a moment before he says incredulously, eyes wide with shock "the hotels are in the parks?!?" I say no and he says he wants to see a map...

So I show him a map and he goes "there's four different parks?" (yes, I know, he has a lot to learn from his sensai :teeth: ) and I respond yes. After looking at the map for a moment, he goes..."Disney has a zoo?" :rotfl2: I died just because AK's whole motto is nahtazu! Boy...Do I have a lot of teaching to do.

Maybe it's not funny, but I just thought it was hysterical and thought I'd share! :cool1: :lmao:

Awww maybe they took it off the resort channel we always have on in our room! That was their big marketing pitch to attract patrons to AK, the whole segment showed it was more than your average zoo! I thought it was devilishly clever how they made one word out of it! :hyper:

Just remembered one from a trip 2 years ago. Cute - at least to me, LOL. My cousin is in the Air Force and she and hubby moved to Italy when their son was just 2 1/2. Their daughter was born while they were there so to the kids Italy was more "home" than here. They had come home in April because she had to go to Biloxi for a week for training, so she left the kids with her mom and went down. Her son loved it here so much, he wanted to stay until they came back in the summer for a wedding. So he lived here for a couple months, and had become obsessed with everything "American." The following year they decided to come home for Christmas, this was December '03. So my aunt and I flew down to Orlando and met them at the Contemporary to start off their trip home - first trip for all of them, my aunt and I being the seasoned vets.

We were staying in the wings and were walking to the main building to grab breakfast and then head to the MK. We got outside, someone realized the forgot something and ran back to the room while we all waited where we were. One of the ducks started waddling by and the kids try to catch it . . . people are walking by and here's my cousin's 7yo son yelling, "Yippee!! My first American duck!"

THe whole trip he'd mark his first American whatever for the trip, LOL. People were looking at us all funny since the kid didn't *sound* foreign, LOL.

MyGoofy26 said:
Just remembered one from a trip 2 years ago. Cute - at least to me, LOL. My cousin is in the Air Force and she and hubby moved to Italy when their son was just 2 1/2. Their daughter was born while they were there so to the kids Italy was more "home" than here. They had come home in April because she had to go to Biloxi for a week for training, so she left the kids with her mom and went down. Her son loved it here so much, he wanted to stay until they came back in the summer for a wedding. So he lived here for a couple months, and had become obsessed with everything "American." The following year they decided to come home for Christmas, this was December '03. So my aunt and I flew down to Orlando and met them at the Contemporary to start off their trip home - first trip for all of them, my aunt and I being the seasoned vets.

We were staying in the wings and were walking to the main building to grab breakfast and then head to the MK. We got outside, someone realized the forgot something and ran back to the room while we all waited where we were. One of the ducks started waddling by and the kids try to catch it . . . people are walking by and here's my cousin's 7yo son yelling, "Yippee!! My first American duck!"

THe whole trip he'd mark his first American whatever for the trip, LOL. People were looking at us all funny since the kid didn't *sound* foreign, LOL.

lol this had me laughing more than any other post because i can just imagine this scene lol...I would probably think that he had heard that line on TV or something

When walking from MK back to the Contemporary one day, there was a group of about four older people in front of me and my friend. Theyw ere looking at Space Mountain and Tomorrowland and I heard one of them saying "Oh, that's that Epcot park"

Another time, when I was on Living with the Land, we got into the greenhouse, and a woman behind us goes "Oh, now we're in the big globe"

MyGoofy26 said:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am trying to picture this and I just about spit out my coffee. Very cute and very funny!

place: our first DCL cruise, the first year of operation, standing on deck above the bridge as we leave Port Canaveral

event: MAGIC sounds the whistle, the first time we're hearing it.

overheard: "why are they playing the MacDonald's song" .... {you deserve a break today ....} :confused3

true, I swear :rotfl2:

don't know if this was the funniest thing I've EVER heard while there but it made me laugh. A father and his 2 small children (a girl and boy like 4 and 5) were in line in front of us for a ride. And the little boy starts repeating over and over again "half shell, turtle power!! half shell turtle power!!!", or something like that. I'm assuming this is in reference to the teenage mutant ninja turtles. Anyway, he said this about 9 or 10 times until finally his sister yelled "ENOUGH ALREADY!!" I just started laughing, it was great!

The funniest thing I ever heard was when I was on my honeymoon in April 2003. My DH an I were staying at CBR and on a bus headed to the Magic Kingdom for the day, when we stopped at another bus stop on the resort and to pick up more passengers. Mind you, the bus was practically filled and this was the last stop before leaving for the TTC. Anyway, this adorable little boy, probably no more than four-years-old, gets on the bus with his parents and stands there dumbfounded. Then he speaks up loudly in his British accent and says, "Good lord! I can't find a seat on this bloody bus!!!" I just started laughing because it was so cute to see this little boy speak and act more like an adult...especially with that adorable accent. My husband and I really got a kick out of it! ::MickeyMo

This happened a few years ago, but I just remembered it.

There were 10 of us total - my family of 5, brother's family of 3 & my parents. It was over the Easter holiday at MK, right after Spectromagic. The park is extremely, extremely crowded. When it would get crowded like we'd tell my DH to get us through the crowd & someone would yell "hook on".

Our entire group would make a human train to walk so no one would get lost (mainly the kids). We'd hold on to belt looks, shirts, anything we could. On more than one occasion another family would "hook on" to us to maneuver through the crowd.

The funniest thing, however, was having my dad (who doesn't move quick, at all) at the back of the line. My DH is really booking with us all in tow & the next thing you hear is this loud "rip" & my dad saying, "Oh boy, I think I just ripped that guys pants." It seems that his cell phone got caught on someone's pocket. DH was moving the train so fast there was just no way we could stop. I'm sure the guy needed new shorts after the sound I heard! :eek:

Last week, we were at AK on our way to Kilimanjaro Safari. We paused on the bridge leading into Africa to take a few pictures of Expedition Everest.

A man and a woman were standing next to us and the man asked what the mountain was and the woman said "That's part of Blizzard Beach."

We were travelling with our friends once and eating the character dinner, I think it was at GF, about 4 or 5 years ago. This family had a son who was just turning 6 that week, and was not happy when his dad had decided to get him some ham for dinner. He put on a pouty face, even when Belle came over to talk to him and get his picture. When she asked what was wrong, he simply replied, "Ham is for breakfast..." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
We could not stop laughing. It's still one of or favorite disney moments of all time. :thumbsup2

I listened hard for funny comments cause I loved reading about them before I went to WDW. This was the one I heard. I think someone else posted one similar ...

Leaving Magic Kingdom on monorail and Mom on car with us with two little ones - oldest about 4-5. She asked him what rides he liked, etc... and he makes this motion with his fingers (you know spider up the spout) and then he says he liked the "ittsy, bitsy small world" alot. I thought that was a cute moment. Mom laughed - kids looked happy and unrushed too! :tongue:

Don't know why I just remember this one, but mom and I had a good laugh. We were sitting on the beach at the Poly this past December waiting for the fireworks. Every so often people would walk behind us on the path. One family was walking and the little boy, probably not even 5 yet gets SO excited and SO proud at what he just discovered, you could hear it in his voice, "LOOK MOM!! I found a BAND-AID!" Then immediately following you hear mom's horrified and panicked response, "PUT THAT DOWN!!!"

My mom and I just giggled. I had visions of mom rushing the kid to get sanitized.

I am completely responsible for this one... On My first trip to the MK in 1999(honeymoon) My Dw and I were in the chapeau getting hats. This was before I became a big Disney fan, and My DW was going through the characters, asking Me if i wanted a particular hat. I was getting somewhat frustrated, and she asked Me if I wanted this somewhat girlish Mickey hat. A weirdly quiet moment concided with Me saying in a somewhat loud voice "I DON'T LIKE MICKEY!". :blush: :blush:Oh, the looks I got! . My Dw reminds Me of it every time We walk into the MK. And I usually reply with "but I do now!" :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter