fun wheel challenge

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
What exactly is this? I know you need your cellphone for this to work, but we won't have a data plan while traveling. I know there isn't usually wifi in the parks, but I thought I read that there is wifi available for the game?

Yes, we played it last time we were there. They'll make an announcement over the loudspeaker when it's about to start, and I think it starts like an hour before the show. They'll announce the instructions for how to connect to the special Paradise Pier wifi over the loudspeaker, or at least, they did when we were there. The instructions show up on the screen. It's basically a game of Simon, if you're familiar with it, where the colors light up on the wheel and you have to push them in the same order on the phone. The winner gets to control the lights for 30 seconds and they have like five rounds or so. It's a great way to pass the time! We passed the phone around so everyone in our group got to play a round. I don't think you need a data plan to play.

If I recall correctly, it starts about an hour before World of Color. Maybe closer to 45 minutes, but somewhere around there. And there are like six or seven rounds that go all the way up until right before the show starts.
I think it's relatively new, but I know they've been doing it at least since last spring.

They will turn on a Wifi network while you are waiting for the show. You will need to connect to the network to play, regardless of whether or not you have data... its the only way to get on the site required to play the game.

The only challenge I remember from the fun wheel was making it threw the ride without throwing up.:sad1:

It started last November. We were there close to the first week they rolled it out. It's a fun way to pass the time. My wife won once and controlled the wheel colors for about 15 seconds. It's fun, but if you miss it, it's not the end of the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter