Fun way to count down to your trip?

Fintastic

Living vicariously
What are some fun ideas you've used/heard of to count down to your trip? When we have 30 days left I want to start a countdown for DD. She's almost four. In the past we've done countdown chains for Christmas (where each link represents a day until Christmas and we tear off a link each morning). What are some other ideas?

We did the chain thing, and the kids really liked it. Maybe a calendar you can pull something off of each day? Or a sticker you can add to your calendar?

- I don't have any other ideas - sorry.

You could get 30, $1 Disney Dollars, tape them in some sort of formation, then every day remove one and put it in a nice, new princess wallet. By the last day, your daughter will have some fun $ to spend on souvenirs on your trip!

We did the chain... we went to Home Depot and got all different colors of Mickey Heads (paint color cards) and stapled them onto the chain and then used them to write what the plans for the day were. It was fun and we were looking at all them Mickey Heads!

We did a chart with numbers. Each night the kids got to draw a line through the numbers until we got down to the last night. On that night we had a Disney movie party (I had already loaded up the car earlier in the day.) and drew our line through the last number! After a couple of Disney movies it was off to bed for ALL!

These are great ideas. I can't wait to do one of these with dd who is also turning 4. I think I might go with the calendar idea, maybe using the Mickey heads from home depot on the calendar.

We are currently doing the paper chain for our upcoming trip..only 26 days to go!

The kids love ripping off a piece of paper each morning, they surprisingly are great about taking turns.
We made our paper chain out of black, red, white and bright yellow/orange strips of paper..Mickey Colors!!

I do love that Disney Dollar idea tweedlemom.
They have Lightning McQueen wallets they could put their money in.

My friend plans on giving her kids a little Disney gift each day until their trip (14 days before=14 little gifts) stickers, tattos, etc.

I prefer to buy my cute Disney themed gifts ahead of time and put them all out in the hotel room from Tinkerbell in one evening.
I do it the first night so they have new stuff to wear and play with and it cuts down on the gimmees.

We made a calendar and every week we put something on it to do like, get pizza to celebrate only 2 weeks to go, or go shopping for whatever item we need, etc. We used Disney stickers to count down the days.

We did a caterpillar (wearing Mickey Ears, of course!) instead of a chain, so we could write on the circles - other things we were looking forward to in the meantime, etc. It looked like this:

DisneyCountdown06.jpg

We took off one small strip each week when we were far out; then the last 3 weeks were the big circles, and we took off one each day.

Also, I remember another thread somewhere where someone put mickey heads on little clothespins, I think, and clipped then onto a countdown poster. That one was really cute, too.

These are great ideas. I can't wait to do one of these with dd who is also turning 4. I think I might go with the calendar idea, maybe using the Mickey heads from home depot on the calendar.

that's exactly what we did!!:thumbsup2 we made a calander and traced the mickey heads w/ a number in side of it, then used red and black mickey heads and put stuck them over the numbers. each day we would take off a mickey head. have fun

We got a big posterboard in yellow, then some red, white and black construction paper. I cut out a few mickey shapes and we glued them on, then cut little squares and made our own calendar (it held about 3 months). Then we also got a ton of disney stickers. We put a mickey sticker on the day we were leaving, and to cross off a day, my DDs would pick a sticker and put it on the day square. It turned out really cute and they liked it.

These are all great ideas!! I didn't think to use Mickey heads for my countdown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter